In memory of hero's [SPOILERS]

Grinshanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R.I.P Tai and Carmine.

I expected Carmine to die. But I thought he died when he fell out of the chopper. Having to watch him dissolve in the acid was something else.

Tai's death was both out of the blue and sad. He was a great character.

Did Dizzy die? They never mentioned him again. My guess was they killed Dizzy and took Tai as the prisoner.

Not really a hero, but Maria. Wow, that was one sad moment when Dom found her. I've never reacted like that towards a game before.

i like the carmines. i got upset when Ben died. like what lancer evolution said the next one might have another carmine that starts with c. my only hope of a fourth Gow is for a d named carmine. seeing as how the series is going.

Tais part was a bit sad but the part with maria was terrible.

Carmine is the Kenny of Gears. I spent the whole game wondering when and how he would die. But when it happened I actually felt sorry for him. He started out as a pussy, but went out fighting, unlike his brother who ran like a sissy.

As for both Tai and Maria, both hit an emotional chord with me. And while I hate to admit it, I'm sure there was a tear developing, but I had to hold up my tough male exterior.

I did like how Epic was playing off the usual war movie cliches with us throughout, making us wonder which characters were going to be offed.

Some I remember are:

- When Dom asks Marcus to find Maria if something happens to him.

- When Cole Train is kicking ass (well he always kicks ass, but I'm talking when he saves Marcus and Dom) and then the camera stays on Cole a little to long making you think he is going to be sniped or something at any moment.

- When your Brumack started to get infected and Baird comes to help. The Reaver gets destroyed making you think it was Baird, but he was in the other one.

- And when Anya doesn't respond to Marcus' communcations, but we see her on the Reaver later.

As for Dizzy, he could still be alive as we do not know 100% that he is not dead. For all we know he was saved from the chambers, or maybe was knocked off that moving barracks thing. I guess we will have to wait for Gears 3.

RIP Maria.

We hardly knew her, but she was a civilian who was captured and tortured by the Locust for being part of the Human race.

RIP Tai.

He was strong and dedicated soldier, and something about him was so appealing about his character. He was destroyed by the Locust, and I certainly blew a lot of heads off to avenge him.

RIP Carmine.

The rookie who was thrown into action despite his lack of experience. He was willing to help Delta squad, and was certainly a respectful COG. Ben certainly made his mother proud, even in his death at the hands of pitiful creatures.

The Locust will suffer for the destruction of these good people.

now Ben Carmine said there were 4 brothers.. but Gears is only going to be a trilogy (or so we're told) so i guess that means we get to off 2 Carmine brothers in Gears 3. I'm sure they will die in equally spectacular and horrifying ways!

Xenolith666

Founder of the "Kill the Carmines" Club!

my only hope of a fourth Gow is for a d named carmine. seeing as how the series is going.

This is a trilogy; therefore either 2 carmines in Gears 3, or only one and the other isn't heard of at all.

And did anyone catch that quick remark about them from Dom? Just after you use the fixed grindlift, Carmine says that they should wear a helmet with "air filters" and Dom says that he doesn't wear a helmet so he can see snipers better. I lol'd.

As for the rest, I'd have to say Tai was a bit unexpected (only captured for a few ours, didn't expect it to be that bad), and Maria was a very emotional moment for this type of game.

You killed Carmine!! You Bastard!!

Long live Charlie Carmine!!!!

Tai, Did you see how messed up he was? I don't think anyone could go on after that...

Maria, Wow... just wow.

Overall this game was SOOOO much more emotional. I think Marcus may be the most sensitive character in this game. Did you see his face when Dom brought up the situation about his father?

well i don't know about you guys but i think carmine's don't die with diginity. getting eaten inside a worm or getting shot in the back of the neck explaining how your weapon keeps jamming.

even though She wasn't a soldier i feel sad for Dom when he shot his wife

I don't know, the Carmines are pretty sloppy soldiers. One takes a bullet in the head for messing up his gun, and the other decides to try and impress everyone by show-boating around, and virtually making him the reason why the end up where they do. I guess for that it was good, you all know why, but still... sloppy soldier deserve sloppy deaths.

RIP? We all know they are... It's just destiny for the rest to follow suit. Quote me, if Gears makes a shitty Saving Private Ryan thing by like saving the last brother, I'll be pissed. Screw & Damn the Carmines to hell!

I don't know, the Carmines are pretty sloppy soldiers. One takes a bullet in the head for messing up his gun, and the other decides to try and impress everyone by show-boating around, and virtually making him the reason why the end up where they do. I guess for that it was good, you all know why, but still... sloppy soldier deserve sloppy deaths.

RIP? We all know they are... It's just destiny for the rest to follow suit. Quote me, if Gears makes a shitty Saving Private Ryan thing by like saving the last brother, I'll be pissed. Screw & Damn the Carmines to hell!

I'd actual enjoy if they somehow managed to save Daniel Carmine from death. Does Marcus not get into any trouble for losing 1/2 of the carmine clan in 6 months?

R.I.P. Charlie Carmine, May you have a hero's death.

p.s. what if they jumped from Charlie Carmine to Zeke or Zain Carmine?

Ben was giving cover fire! Not showboating!

I love the Carmine bro's :) I was so disapointed that they killed off Ben :(

Lets hope Chay Carmine or Dan Carmine? stay alive...

1 Of them has to live.. Please EPIC!

PS - The cutscene with Maria dying was done brilliantly. Just as good as any film.. Kudos EPIC

RIP..

Anthony Carmine

Ben Carmine

Tai

Maria

Edited by Deadly Moves

I think that B.Carmine was a great character. His bro wasn't really a main character, but Ben was. He was in nearly everything up until his death (I know its only Act 2) but still he made it one more act than his bro!

Tai's death suprised me as I also thought he was going to be a big influencial character, but he wasn't.

And Dizzy is hilarious. "I'll light up Betty's Titties!". I hope he survives for Gears 3.