Easiest way to get the Untouchable achievement: Game Bug

STB

I didn't find this posted anywhere, so I apologize in advance if I just missed it :)

I got this achievement by accident without even trying which was a pleasant surprise given that the methods in the achievement guide seemed to be a lot of work.

First I will say how exactly I got it and then I will try to generalize that a bit based on my theory about the game bug that makes this possible

On the "Tribal Warrior" level:

1. Get to the end of the level where the 3 wind towers are, activate all 3, then climb up the pillars and finish off the enemies that come out to attack you

2. Use health urns to refill your health bar

3. Go back to the save point near the base of the first wind tower and save your game.

4. Exit to the Xbox 360 dashboard (this is very important. If you don't do it, the achievement won't unlock)

5. Launch Conan again and load your saved game

6. Proceed up the pillars and thru the door to exit the level and... ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED :woop:

Here's my theory on what's behind this bug:

The game probably uses a variable (memory location) to keep track of whether you've been hit at all in the current level and trigger the achievement if the variable still says you haven't been hit when you get to the the level summary screen. The variable is probably reset only at the beginning of a level. But the developers seem to have forgotten to save the value of this variable to your profile/savegame and so if you launch Conan from the dashbaord and load a savegame, the variable starts out as 0 indicating you haven't been hit and when you finish the level, the achievement unlocks.

If my theory is correct, then step #2 about filling up your health bar is not necessary and also the achievement can be unlocked this way on any level where a save point exists conveniently close to the end of the level.

Hope this helps anyone who still doesn't have this achievement.:Angel

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Tribal Warrior" - this is the level. At the end of this level you need to activate 3 towers.

This is the place where You can get this achiev' using this guide ;)

BTW, It works like a charm - 5 achviements to go and I will get another 1000/1000 :D

Cheers!

Edited by krissu86

This way is a pretty cool little trick to get around it, but it's also very easy to just beat the game on King difficulty (if you're going for the 1000 anyways) and then turn on the invincibility cheat. Took literally like 2 or 3 minutes to play through the first level with the cheat on and bam, achivement unlocked.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...