Achievement Guide

aPerfektFIaw

I'm not really sure this game needs one, but being that I had nothing better to do here is an achievement guide for Galaga.

Now you don't have to do it in this EXACT order but I'll show you how I got through to level 31 and unlocked all achievements in one run through.

DUAL FIGHTER - 5g

On level 2 leave a few baddies on each row and wait for the guy in the back to come down and whisk you away, then shoot the bastard down.

PERFECT BONUS - 15g

Level 3... did you get your Dual Fighter in level 2?? Good, then this level will be cake to get your Perfect Bonus Achievement. Stay in the middle as much as possible and hold in that rapid fire button. Remember you can only get this achievement on the Challenge levels.

SCORPION - 15g

Just get to level 5 and you will see the Scorpion form out of one of the bad guys in the front row. You don't have to beat the level.

STING RAY - 25g

Just get to level 8 and you will see the Sting Ray form out of one of the bad guys in the front row. You don't have to beat the level.

STAGE 10 - 5g

Level 10... get there... enough said.

DRAGONFLY - 10g

You can find the Dragonfly in Level 11, which is a challenge level. You can't lose on this level and it really doesn't matter anyway... just get there and you get this achievement.

GALBOSS - 30g

Make it to level 12 and you will see the Galboss form out of one of the bad guys in the front row. You don't have to beat the level.

ENEMY FIGHTER - 5g

I got this achievement on level 18. By this time I had lives to spare so I let a ship capture me and shot myself down. The best way to do this is to get captured, try to leave that ship for last and watch the pattern it follows... try to shoot ahead of it.

MOSQUITO - 20g

You can find the Mosquito in Level 19, which is a challenge level. Just sit there and stare at it if you want cuz as soon as you get there, this achievements all yours.

STAGE 20 - 10g

The game may be getting a little more difficult by this point but still isn't really a challenge. Get to level 20 and its yours.

STAGE 30 - 30g

Wow 10 whole levels an no achievements.... if you're playing through you can utilize this time to try and get that PERFECT BONUS achievement if you haven't already. Then, get to level 30 and you got a new achievement.

BLUE SPACE SHIP - 30g

You know, by level 30 I was wondering if I had missed the blue spaceship somewhere being that getting to level 30 seemed like the most difficult achievement. But lo and behold, right after you get the STAGE 30 achievement, the next level (Level 31) holds the suprising conclusion to this achievement guide.

I hope this helps clear up any questions floating around.

mine haha...

i actually started a new game on a different profile and paused it while writing so i knew which baddies were in which level for the achievements...

im pretty new to this board and ive had my xbox 360 since launch yet i have a tiny gamerscore... which is funny because i own 20 games, and i have all but 2 arcade games --- i just havent had the time to play with my 2 jobs

but now i have plenty of time and am willing to go for those points and help out with stuff like this on the board

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow, I'm terrible at Galaga, but when you basically get three lives to beat each level the achievements come so easily.

Great guide, even though i hope no one really NEEDS it.

The one thing it seems like most people are having trouble with is the challenge level. It helped me to memorizes where the come out of so I'm ready for them....

NOTE: The following guide is intended for people who have a double ship going into the third stage, and may not help if you don't. Remember use Rapid fire (B), and start shooting before you see them.

Stage 3 Challenge Stage

First wave:

Two streams come down in the middle, cross each other, loop around upwards, cross in the middle again then exit to midway up the sides they started on. I recommend just staying in the middle for this one if you move to follow them to one side you're probably going to miss the ones on the other side.

Second wave:

Starts in the bottom of the left side moving diagonally up and right, loops around just to the right of the center, then continues up and right. I would say start just a little to the left and follow right waiting at the loop to clear them.

Third wave:

Same as second only from right to left, and loop is slightly left of center.

Fourth wave:

Comes down from just to the right of the middle, curves slightly left, loops around on the left half then heads out to the upper right. (Same as the first one except only on one side.)

Fifth wave:

Same as fourth only flipped.

Then you're done, that's it. Should be a piece of cake with the double ship.

Hope this helps. : )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You should be able to see the Scorpion on stages 4, 5, or 6. The trick is that you have to stay on the stage long enough for one of the blue Bees to transform: the bees have to get in their formation, and you have to leave enough alive so that they start their suicide runs.

Initially, suicide bombers will make one pass - straight down for the most part, but blue Bees will go down off the screen, loop back and try to hit you from below - and then return to formation when they reappear at the top, but when you reduce the on-screen enemies below a certain count, they'll continue in attack formation. This means they won't transform into Scorpions et al. Similarly, Sting Rays can be seen on 8, 9, or 10 ...

Similarly, for Dual Fighter, you have to leave enough ships on the screen so that they make suicide runs and return to formation, you must leave at least one Flagship alive, and you have to keep them around long enough that there is time for two Flagship attacks. The first Flagship suicide run is a direct attack; the second run is a capture attempt.

Alright, maybe I'm not that shit.

200 points in 70 minutes. But thank God for the unlimited continues.

What do you mean unlimited continues, now I know I suck at Galaga alot, I mean I'm bad. But I have never been given the option of continuing when I run out of lives. If there are such continues how can I USE them?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...