No need to play twice for Path of Flesh/Blood achievements (Spoilers)

jackanape

As the title says, here is a handy tip to save you two playthroughs.

Simply start the game on Normal and play through the first chapter - at the end, with the balance beam, have Campbell make it across and get in the elevator. I say this, because people who let him die are having trouble getting this to work.

As you go through, I would recommend you find all collectables and also do all of the Timed puzzle achievements on Normal. After that you can use Flashback mode to redo certain levels (as detailed in the guide) and get the other Timed puzzle achievements for Insane difficulty.

Now just use Flashback and load up Chapter 1 (I did it on Normal again). Get to the end and kill Campbell by letting him fall off the beam. Make sure you watch the cutscene at the end of the level and I even let Chapter 2 load to be sure. Then just exit out and play through the last chapter using Flashback mode. At the end you will get the alternate ending and last achievement.

Hey presto, time has been saved.

Edited by jackanape

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i second that it does not work. started new game. did the opposite of what i did the first time (campbell survived)...waited for second level to load fully. exited. flashbacked to chapter 8. went through full level and completed it. michael makes it to the elevator no matter what for me. :mad:

The 1st post states to use Flashback to Chapter 1 and not start a new game. Perhaps that was your issue? I am keen to find out if this works 100% as I will get the game by Friday.

The 1st post states to use Flashback to Chapter 1 and not start a new game. Perhaps that was your issue? I am keen to find out if this works 100% as I will get the game by Friday.

I tested by doing a new game for chapter 1 and by doing a flashback. It does not work, must be because Campbell died on my first game. I think the bug is not related to replaying both chapters, the game is making path of flesh the default ending to whoever loads up the last chapter.

If someone who had Campbell live the first time around could load up only the last chapter and not the first one to see if the ending changes we could be sure.

Okay guys. I can confirm from my side that it works. Did it exactly as jackanape said. I think it only works if campbell survives the first playthrough!!

As it seems the michael-ending (campbell dies) is the "default" ending. My friend did it, while having campbell die in his first playthrough and he didn't get the achievement.

So as long as you do the Path of Blood first, that little neat glitch should work for you.

PS I didn't use the tape recorder to save my game and I only collected one case file (collected everything on my 1st playthrough

any questions? just ask.

Edited by Tender Branson

It does work. Like everyone says, live the first playthrough, then at main menu after you beat the game, flashback mode to campbell and die. Once the next level loads, I exited to main menu and flashbacked to last level and finished the game again. Easy stuff.

I played through on normal making sure to get Campbell to the elevator safely. Then played the rest of the way through and Michael made it across the beam to the elevator. Got path of flesh. Right so far? I mean I followed what you wrote. Now I've flashed back to chapter 1 and let Campbell fall and die. Then replayed the last chapter and Michael still makes it across the beam no "path of blood achievement". What? Why did I get screwed?

In a word...Yes ;)

In more than a word...

I did exactly the same and was confident that Path of Blood would pop first but it didn't. If the elevator arrives without Campbell in it then it means Campbell didn't make it across the beam in Act1.

I know you say that you made it across the beam as Campbell and therefore he survived but it glitches...why?.....because probably like me you couldn't wait until the end for some of the puzzle achievements and used 'flashback' to redo chapters before actually finishing the game.

So, word of warning....even if Campbell survives on your first playthough in Act 1 then just keep going and use the "continue" game option each time you load up. DON'T use flashback yet because in doing so it resets the ending to the default which is Path of Flesh. If that happens then it's another full playthrough for you :(

Edited by johnnie5alive

Yep, I used flashback for something or other. I think it was because I kept screwing up the beam walk before I figured out the gimmick. I don't know if I"m up for another play through for 75 points. ugh.

Assuming you got all the collectibles, another playthrough will set you back 2 hrs....quite surprising how short the game actually is without having to do the collectibles...plus you'll be a dab hand at all the puzzles and have a good idea what the 'codes' etc were.

Always satisfying to see that 75g pop too :woop:

Don't let this cak game get one over on you...finish it....then dispose of it ;)

Edited by johnnie5alive

This method infact does work.

I did exactly what it says. perfect!

Tips"

Do not use flashback till you complee the game.

Watch the cutscenes.

Ending 1 - With Cambell is boring I find.

Ending 2 - With Michael is the best. Its a cliffhanger so HAH! i love those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I can't understand.I completed the game on Insane.at the 1st chapter a fall down with the balance beam and Campbell therefore staied alive,right?at the end of a game I SURVIVE,didn't fall down with the balance beam and get achievement:Path of Fles where Campbell did not survive his test.I load a game(not flashback) and coplete the game again,but didn't see alternative ending.what am I doing wrong?