The '720' will have a graphics chip that will make games look as good as Avatar

wariowarrior

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing, do we even know or even have a slightest hint that the next-gen Xbox will be titled Xbox 720?

As for the graphics. Of course it's going to be unreal. Look at the kind of gaming we have now. It's almost a gimme that next-gen is going to just blow peoples minds.

(Also, I read an article about a week ago that they've already developed technology to output a definition of 2160p. There's just nothing that can handle that yet.)

I'm not ready for a new console just yet, hence why I'm not buying Wii U. The only way I'll purchase a new Xbox model at this point is if they abandon the 360 and all that is left is shovelware.

In order to advance in technology, they will need to abandon the 360.

I mean they can't develop high(er)-end games for the 720 and make it compatible for the 360 at the same time, it'll be a dead end.

New console, new games, just like the Xbox turned into 360.

My only deepest wish would be blu-ray on the 720.

Which company has enough people to make such a game? Which company has enough money?

Let´s wait....new games would be cool, but i see Gears of War 4, Cod 235374 and Battlefield 35 in the future...

Don't forget Duke Nukem Forever.

OT: Just wake me up when they can plug my brain directly into my xbox and I will be impressed.

It will be nice to have better quality graphcis and we should expect a fairly large leap in quality in the next generation consoles as PC gaming is pretty far ahead of the currently aging generation, even several year old PC equivalent tech is a big improvement; Check out a Unigine DX11 Heaven benchmarks on youtube and if you look closely you can clearly see what current PC's are capable of.

That's not to say that better graphics actually mean anything or should have much effect as the gameplay is core and should remain so with any game.

I personally put graphics near the bottom of my concerns when gaming, sure they help immersion in some games but overall the gameplay matters much much more, that's probably why my more recently & commonly played games are arcade titles!

Maybe in the generation beyond we will even see "4K" resolutions as apparently that's going to be the next big thing...

Don't forget Duke Nukem Forever.

OT: Just wake me up when they can plug my brain directly into my xbox and I will be impressed.

Don´t understand what Duke Nukem Forever has to do with the costs of a next gen game, but well....Duke was realy expensive after all, but there were different companys involved. Some of them are now broke...so i don´t understand the point behind your post, sorry ^_^

Which company has enough people to make such a game? Which company has enough money?

Let´s wait....new games would be cool, but i see Gears of War 4, Cod 235374 and Battlefield 35 in the future...

A microsoft published game :p.

And no where in the article does it say its confirmed... its "hinted". It may be capable of that, but its developers that will need to create an engine good enough to produce those types of graphics in a player controlled environment.. Creating a video with those types of graphics is completely different.. Crytek already has a similar engine for movies that blows the Crysis 2 engine out of the water... its getting it in a game thats hard.

They're still churning out excellent looking visuals in this generation. Though, I feel DVD is pushed a bit now.

^^^ This... hopefully Microsoft swallow their pride and move to Blu-Ray for the next console. Because if graphics are going to be that good, imagine how many discs another LA Noire would need if on DVDs lol.

Meh, couldn't care less. Never saw what the big hubbub is about graphics. Sure, they're cool at first, but then it just becomes "normal" and you start looking for the NEXT big jump.

Still, in the evolution of our media, it'd still be pretty impressive.

That's usually the point. But this happens with everything. You buy a new computer then a couple of months down the track there is something better. You buy a new car then they bring out new features, etc.

You can never 'win', but you can enjoy it for what it is and take a step back to realise how far we've come with technology.

I for one cant wait for the next generation.

Yes, the 360 can still put out some nice visuals, but its being strained.

There have been more than a few games where I was happy with the visuals but wished the game ran at a silky smooth framerate, rather than the barely adequate framerate many games struggle with.

So bring on the better graphics and smoother framerates!!!