PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rage > The Scorchers
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #31
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph0714 View Post
How much time did it take you guys to beat the game on UN rushing through main missions?
Took me roughly 7-8 hours play time. I spent a lot of time being careful though and doing the Viper rocket money trick.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #32
Polygon Pirate

Polygon Pirate's Gamercard
Finished the campaign a second time on ultra. 60 out of 60 for 1250 now.

Game still looking very pretty, still enjoyable to play as well.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #33
SATYATEX

SATYATEX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Couple things wrong here,

2. Subway Town buying from Stew/selling to Jani has NOT been patched. I did it right when I got there on UN. It's not a glitch or exploit really. It's what anyone would do in real life in a public market. Buy for less, sell for more. It works best with Viper rockets.

3. You can actually get the rocket launcher earliest inside one of the sewers, the one nearest Kvasir's Chasm I think, right above his place where that ramp would be if you were doing races. I THINK. Not sure if that's the right one, but it's what comes to mind.
I didn't find that early possibility for the rocket launcher so it's a good tip for anyone. But regarding the Subway town ammo trick it's really strange, I checked Stew 3 times (right after arriving to the town and 2 times after the 1st and 2nd mission there) and he sold the goodies expensiver than I could sell them to Jani 2 times in a row, only for the 3rd time he offered MG AV rounds which I could sell to Jani with 2 bucks extra. Maybe it's working only with ammo but not with grenades bcs first he offered HE grenades then EMP grenades, they were too expensive and only the MG rounds worth to sell by Jani.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #34
Joseph0714

I Hazer I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Took me roughly 7-8 hours play time. I spent a lot of time being careful though and doing the Viper rocket money trick.
Thanks, will do the playthrough soon then

Sig. created by: Audacious

Joseph0714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #35
MCoreBE

MC0REBE's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
For those intrested, I'm currently uploading a FULL guide which contains all loactions for the Collector Cards, Jumps, Field Goals, Easter Eggs, and so on. I'm playing it on Ultra Nightmare (off course) on a dummy account so for the people who didn't started this game yet, here's my playlist. DLC missions are included as well:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

12 published guides on TrueAchievements.com (Click here)
3 contributed guides on TrueAchievements.com (Click here)

MCoreBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #36
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I have someone borrowing this game and they never returned it. I have reminded them a few times but still no luck (not answering my texts). I was worried and almost bought this game a second time on gamefly (it's like 9 dollars). Now I see this achievement and I can probably just wait
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #37
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
I have someone borrowing this game and they never returned it. I have reminded them a few times but still no luck (not answering my texts). I was worried and almost bought this game a second time on gamefly (it's like 9 dollars). Now I see this achievement and I can probably just wait
lies...your an achievement hunter. you wanna wait but you also cant wait... that incomplete game is talking shit to you just like me!! ill prolly end up starting this soon!! I hate being an achievement hunter and completionist sometimes! I still regret doing the TA Bean Dive this year!!! UGHH!! OK im done!
jeffy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #38
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I've seen some posts of people saying that you need to progress a certain amount of the way through the story to particitpate in the Scorcher missions. Can I load up one of my old saves from when I first played through the game and do these DLC missions? I should have the game again tomorrow so I'll find out if no one answers me.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #39
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
I've seen some posts of people saying that you need to progress a certain amount of the way through the story to particitpate in the Scorcher missions. Can I load up one of my old saves from when I first played through the game and do these DLC missions? I should have the game again tomorrow so I'll find out if no one answers me.
As long as you've completed the first Hagar quest, you'll be able to start the Scorchers questline. The first Hagar quest is right in the beginning of the game.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #40
Delow317
Banned User

Delow317 XBL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozo_Lord View Post
FUCK YOU ID SOFTWARE. Why is this an Achievement? Absolutely absurd. The entire Campaign again? I dunno if I'll do it just for the sake of completion because that's unreasonable.

Regardless, thanks for the guide!
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman4523 View Post
I agree. You don't support your game for 14 months, then you throw this shit out there? Someone should be shot for this achievement, you don't add another difficulty 14 months after a games release and add an achievement for it. That's just a dick move. Fuck id software, I hope they go under for this stupidity. I'll add id to my "do-not-buy" list along with Epic Games, not supporting idiot developers who make horrible achievement decisions anymore. Shame too, I loved this game and now I hate it because of this new difficulty making me waste another 15-20 hours when I have a stack of unplayed games waiting to be opened.
The same 2 complainers from the other thread eh? Well I'm looking forward to this as it's one of my favorite new IP's of this generation along with Bioshock.

I also don't mind late DLC at all, but MS should give us some kind of alert/notification system that automatically lets us know when new DLC has been released for a game instead of having us rely on our "Completed Games" section of "Social" in the dashboard as our completed game count drops. This is the how I first learned of the DLC.. My completed games went down by 1.
Delow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #41
vSully

vSully's Gamercard
Quote:
Don't try to upgrade your vehicle either since the races are impossible to beat on Nightmare and up..
Uh, I did my first playthrough on nightmare and beat all the races with very little problem. The ultra-nightmare races seem absurd, through. The first time trial given in Hagar settlement took me like 5 tries and I made it by like .02 seconds. I gave up on the first wellspring time trial after a few tries when I realized I could do a different race.
vSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #42
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Great Achievement Guide, but I think the time for the completion is a little high, unless you are referring to 15 hours to complete 2 play throughs.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #43
Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
Great Achievement Guide, but I think the time for the completion is a little high, unless you are referring to 15 hours to complete 2 play throughs.
Yeah, I chose the time since that's how long it'll take to unlock all the achievements in the DLC.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Is it possible to complete the game on Ultra Nightmare, drop it down to easy, and then finish the DLC missions? I finished the first two DLC missions (mostly to get the nail gun and get two of the missions completed), but they were rough (I heard the Bash mission is super hard). So, I was hoping I could drop it to easy after completing the main game.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #45
Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Is it possible to complete the game on Ultra Nightmare, drop it down to easy, and then finish the DLC missions? I finished the first two DLC missions (mostly to get the nail gun and get two of the missions completed), but they were rough (I heard the Bash mission is super hard). So, I was hoping I could drop it to easy after completing the main game.
Yeah, you can. The DLC achievements aren't difficulty specific.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #46
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunder View Post
Yeah, you can. The DLC achievements aren't difficulty specific.
Thanks. I just couldn't remember if the game continues after the end of the main storyline.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #47
Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Thanks. I just couldn't remember if the game continues after the end of the main storyline.
Well, technically you can't do anything after the story is complete. If I recall correctly, the game sort of...ends. When you load the game, it starts up back at your previous checkpoint.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #48
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunder View Post
Well, technically you can't do anything after the story is complete. If I recall correctly, the game sort of...ends. When you load the game, it starts up back at your previous checkpoint.
Oh, okay. Well, I'll just make a separate save and drop the difficulty in that one. Thanks for the info!