Episode One Ending Thoughts (Spoilers)

sharkhunter21

So, just finished episode one and enjoyed it. Playing as an alternate version of Comstock was great, and seeing what happened to 'his' Elizabeth was brutal. Was actually surprised to see Elizabeth get her revenge but I can't help but wonder if we'll be coming back to this Comstock in episode 2.

Yeah he got a drill through the abdomen but you never know, and if not him, will it be another Dewitt/Comstock, or might we see through another character's eyes?

Thoughts? Speculations? Other multi-verse theories?

Well, my head explodes again. So this girl Sally is just a way for Elizabeth to show Comstock what he had done in the past. But I wonder if the Burial at Sea events happened AFTER the ending in Infinite. Cause we- Booker got smothered -> Comstock never existed again in any universes (that's what I heard from people reading Infinite book). How the hell Comstock was alive AGAIN in another universe to cause the tragic death to Anna?

Yeah I'm a little confused as well. I was also under the impression that Comstock stopped existing in all possible universes due to the ending of Infinite. Was also a little confused by the whole Anna getting her head cut off thing. I thought the point of Comstock taking Anna was because he didn't have his own daughter due to him impotence. But during his flashback, Elizabeth is right next to him while he's trying to pull the baby through? How does that make sense? My mind just massaged into submission and then fucked softly.

my mind is totally mind blown but not in a good way since it has so much loop holes.

this DLC makes the main Infinite ending with Elizabeth disappear in thin air like a continuation error. so who is this Elizabeth if it wasn't Anna?

At the end of Infinite you never see if "our" Elizabeth disappears with the rest of them or not. I've come to the conclusion that the Liz you see in this DLC is "our" Liz from the main game, meaning she survived. She's in this world to tie up a lose end and kill a Comstock that survived. How a version of Comstock survived is where I get confused though. Maybe somehow the technology he had helped him survive? I'm not sure.

This article gives a good explanation of what's going on:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-12-ken-levine-discusses-bioshock-infinite-burial-at-sea-episode-1-ending

My guess is that most of our questions will be wrapped up with the conclusion of Episode 2, so I guess we'll just have to wait until then.

Edit: And I believe I now understand why this version of Comstock was still alive. He went to the Rapture dimension (a world where Comstock never existed at all) before the end of the main game, so he was essentially "protected" by being present in another world at the time Elizabeth erased all other Comstocks.

Edited by xCGIx PUNISHER

This article gives a good explanation of what's going on:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-12-ken-levine-discusses-bioshock-infinite-burial-at-sea-episode-1-ending

My guess is that most of our questions will be wrapped up with the conclusion of Episode 2, so I guess we'll just have to wait until then.

Edit: And I believe I now understand why this version of Comstock was still alive. He went to the Rapture dimension (a world where Comstock never existed at all) before the end of the main game, so he was essentially "protected" by being present in another world at the time Elizabeth erased all other Comstocks.

Okay, that makes sense to me :D. But I still wonder why Liz showed up when we Comstock accidentally killed Anna? If it happened before the end of the main game, so when? Liz in the main game sticked with us all the time!

Or maybe after the main game, our Liz came back to the past of this Comstock to prevent what he did to Anna but it didn't go very well.

That's my theory :D

Edited by sucker

Isn't it possible that Comstock survived the wipe of the end of Infinite because he was in a different time? Which would also explain why Liz took Booker there in the first place. She knew he was there but knew her actions wouldn't effect him so she would have to return to Rapture to erase the debt.

Was there a Booker DeWitt PI office in either of the Bioshocks? I can't remember and be damned if I am gonna play 2 again

Ok.....wow this was nuts but here's my theory/thoughts

The Elizabeth here was the same one from the main game because of the necklace and the thimble on her finger. Also it's safe to assume she didn't disappear at the end of infinite because she is an entity free of time and space after the tear experimentation. This version of Comstock had seen the events of the main game in his "prophecy" and went to rapture and assumed the identity of his former self. Therefore the Comstock we see in the main game isn't the "real Comstock" but a result of a different timeline being created. This explains why killing him in infinite didn't end it all. Booker isn't the "real booker" in infinite either. He is a version that was created through a timeline split during his choice to give up Elizabeth/Anna....possibly? I'm a little shaky on Booker but Elizabeth and Comstock are pretty solid IMO.

Ok.....wow this was nuts but here's my theory/thoughts

The Elizabeth here was the same one from the main game because of the necklace and the thimble on her finger. Also it's safe to assume she didn't disappear at the end of infinite because she is an entity free of time and space after the tear experimentation. This version of Comstock had seen the events of the main game in his "prophecy" and went to rapture and assumed the identity of his former self. Therefore the Comstock we see in the main game isn't the "real Comstock" but a result of a different timeline being created. This explains why killing him in infinite didn't end it all. Booker isn't the "real booker" in infinite either. He is a version that was created through a timeline split during his choice to give up Elizabeth/Anna....possibly? I'm a little shaky on Booker but Elizabeth and Comstock are pretty solid IMO.

Well there are literally infinite variations of Comstock and Booker. There really is no such thing as "real" Comstock or Booker.

That is one thing that confuses me though. If there is a version of Comstock that survives, there has to be an incomprehensible number of Comstocks that survived. Hopefully this is something that gets addressed in Part 2.

And all we know right now is that there are Comstocks that survived. The how is pure speculation at this point, but I think that article I posted makes a good case.

Well there are literally infinite variations of Comstock and Booker. There really is no such thing as "real" Comstock or Booker.

That is one thing that confuses me though. If there is a version of Comstock that survives, there has to be an incomprehensible number of Comstocks that survived. Hopefully this is something that gets addressed in Part 2.

And all we know right now is that there are Comstocks that survived. The how is pure speculation at this point, but I think that article I posted makes a good case.

Yup, reading the article you posted made it feel more comprehensible and I too agreed with your theory about this Comstock travelling to another timeline and universe before the end of Infinite so he could escape his demise. But there's still one thing I still wonder. It's our Liz from the main game. I guess she's also the Elizabeth in this DLC but why did she stand next to Comstock when he was grabbing Anna from Booker? And when did she do that? In Infinite, she stayed close with us all the time, right?

Yup, reading the article you posted made it feel more comprehensible and I too agreed with your theory about this Comstock travelling to another timeline and universe before the end of Infinite so he could escape his demise. But there's still one thing I still wonder. It's our Liz from the main game. I guess she's also the Elizabeth in this DLC but why did she stand next to Comstock when he was grabbing Anna from Booker? And when did she do that? In Infinite, she stayed close with us all the time, right?

Hopefully it is something that will be explained in Episode 2, but I'm starting to think that our Elizabeth has basically reached God-like status and can exist in every timeline at once. I mean, she can SEE every timeline at the same time. That's what gives her the ability to open tears. She can see a timeline where that particular object exists in that area you're in and open up a portal to it. So surely she can make herself exist in every timeline all at once?

Still a lot of questions obviously. CAN'T WAIT FOR PART TWO.

At the end of Infinite, Booker talks about ending it before anything happens.."smothering him in the womb" ending comstock. What I didn't understand is if the booker/comstock is an alternate version..then why does he exist? When the Elizabeths drowned him at the end shouldn't that have ended it? And why go through all that trouble in the first place just to get him to realize what he had done, only to kill him. That sounds pretty harsh, considering how her personality seemed at the end of Infinite, just wouldn't take her as the "gah im going to travel to other universes and mindfuck Bookers/Comstocks make them realize what they did and have them killed". It just made it seem like it wasn't even the "main" Elizabeth. Not going to lie though, when the big daddy came out I was like O:

Hopefully it is something that will be explained in Episode 2, but I'm starting to think that our Elizabeth has basically reached God-like status and can exist in every timeline at once. I mean, she can SEE every timeline at the same time. That's what gives her the ability to open tears. She can see a timeline where that particular object exists in that area you're in and open up a portal to it. So surely she can make herself exist in every timeline all at once?

Still a lot of questions obviously. CAN'T WAIT FOR PART TWO.

Possibly. But why did other Liz in Infinite ending disappeard but our Liz didn't? I think the other Liz must have the powers like our Liz. That's why they can travel to our timeline at the end. Arggg, so much infinite possibilities

Possibly. But why did other Liz in Infinite ending disappeard but our Liz didn't? I think the other Liz must have the powers like our Liz. That's why they can travel to our timeline at the end. Arggg, so much infinite possibilities

The others disappeared because they stopped existing. Our Elizabeth didn't (or so we assume) because, free of the siphon, she became almost omnipotent.

The others disappeared because they stopped existing. Our Elizabeth didn't (or so we assume) because, free of the siphon, she became almost omnipotent.

May be :D. That's what Irrational thought, we can have our own opinions :D. Hope they will make everything clear for all of us in Ep 2