Achievement Guide

MachineAres

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally figured out how to get 100% for Deathbringer's story mode, and how to unlock 100% of Gallery mode. I translated the info from the Japanese Wiki, which had most of it covered. Although they were also missing a couple small things. So through experimenting, I finally filled in the gaps. I've made a separate thread for it, incase people forget to check in here. And Steve, we can add the info to this guide at some point. With big credit to me, of course. ^_^ Anyhow:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111479

Here are, also, some new things I've figured out otherwise:

When doing either Time Attack or Survival mode, I recommend using Deathbringer. His greatest weapon is his HCB+C (where he turns into a horse and flies toward them). You can also charge this move, by holding down the C button and then letting go of it at the precise moment. By doing that, I've almost gotten it down to a science. Each time the move hits, it will knock your opponent down. And as long as you time it right when they get up, you can nail them again with no problem. Either do it before they are able to get fully back up and block, or do it as soon as you see them flinch and try to pull off a move of any sort. Rinse and repeat, just learn the timing. Don't waste time with Heat Up or super moves. Doing this, I managed to clear Time Attack mode in around 4'45" or so.

Keep in mind, of course, that sometimes the enemy will block. In this case, always be prepared with moves that are fast and can get you out of trouble. His standing, crouching, or even jumping A/B are pretty good, and can get you to a safe place so you can resume spamming the horse move. It becomes tougher when you get far into Survival mode. You fight all twelve opponents, in random order, until you beat all twelve. After each set of twelve people, the set restarts and the difficulty goes up immensely. By the time you start set number three, opponent number 25, it's gonna be VERY tough to spam the horse move.

My greatest enemy, in that sense, is Donvalve. If you fight him during set three, and spam the horse move, you're in for some resistance. He will usually block you, which means he can easily follow up with a throw (which does immense damage). In cases like this, you want to exploit the move's semi-invincible frame. When you are charging the move, and still holding C, you get a sort of "anti-knockdown ability" if someone hits you during this time. So with that, charge the move when you're a decent distance away from Donvalve. If you're lucky, he'll throw a punch at you (while you're charging). When the punch connects, it will not knock you back like usual... and you must let go of C as soon as it connects. You will lunge at him, and he won't be able to block since he's still recoverng from the punch.

This also works for any opponent in set three, although remember that the fast people tend to be relentless (and timing is even more crucial). Thankfully, they are also weaker, which means that it's not as bad if they block you now and then. Just don't let them get you caught in a long combo. In that case, learning to use the Gachi button is a life-saver. Even if you don't know the timing yet, just mashing it during a long combo can save you from a few hits.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and, a small correction to the main guide. For Face's Story mode: those Gachi requirements only apply to his MAIN story branch. His secondary branch has no Gachi requirements at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to start off by saying this thread was very helpful, thanks. ;)

I also wanted to post on how to achieve Coyori's 50+ hit combo with a regular controller. Its kinda silly, but it works.

I used Donvalve as my practice opponent, and set him to stand, no guard, and A auto attack.

Push him into a corner, crouch, heat up, then down+forward gachi. This makes him hit the wall and twirl.

Directly after gachi, Hold down+AAAAABC > QCFx2+A- now, as she's attacking, slip your first two fingers of your right hand into the bottom of your shirt.

As soon as you do QCBx2+B, run your right fingers over the four buttons as you mash your first two fingers of your left hand on LB and LT, and your thumb on the LS. I got a 56 combo doing this.

Hope this is helpful to anyone!

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like to start off by saying this thread was very helpful, thanks. ;)

I also wanted to post on how to achieve Coyori's 50+ hit combo with a regular controller. Its kinda silly, but it works.

I used Donvalve as my practice opponent, and set him to stand, no guard, and A auto attack.

Push him into a corner, crouch, heat up, then down+forward gachi. This makes him hit the wall and twirl.

Directly after gachi, Hold down+AAAAABC > QCFx2+A- now, as she's attacking, slip your first two fingers of your right hand into the bottom of your shirt.

As soon as you do QCBx2+B, run your right fingers over the four buttons as you mash your first two fingers of your left hand on LB and LT, and your thumb on the LS. I got a 56 combo doing this.

Hope this is helpful to anyone!

It was for me. It took me a while. Had to do it slightly different. Didn't use my shirt though. :woop:

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/B4/W+/0oCLiGJhbC8wFQQeXVRRGEQ0L2FjaC8wL0QAAAAA5+fn-ZGFHA==.jpgSuper Drill! 10gs

Get a 60+ hit combo with Odile and Dokurod.

Combo order: Gachi > Diagonal Jump+C then land > Jump+C > Jump > QCFx2+B

Character placement is VITAL to getting this to work correctly, so study the video closely. After the first diagonal jump and C hit, let yourself land on the ground, then immediately jump straight up and hit C again, then RIGHT after that hit, push up once more to jump in mid-air and then start the movement for the Grand Pirouette super right away. Timing is very very hard.

Slight correction. It's D you want to hit, not C. C will knock the opponent downward screwing up the combo. As I type this, I have just gotten the combo to work with her after viewing the video a few times. :woop:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coyori vs Freed: Throw pie in Freed's face five times (throw him)

That doesnt work, ive done it both ways, beat him regular and beat him after 5 pies, the story just continues the same with me facing that horrible rabbit watson.

Anybody got any ideas on that one, im stuck at 95% with her.

Edit: Got it, doesnt seems to be a branch in her story except for doing a 15 or more hit with cat storm against Marco and thats just an event which gave me the last 5%

Edited by Hellmasker

• 2 weeks later...

Guess you can't get the achievements like panty flash and such while playing very easy. Did as it's written on odile and face, but no, nothing happened.

EDIT: Oh! I was playing story mode xP

Edited by Ralucard

• 1 month later...

Very, very very nice guide.

I have a few helpful pointers

Urs Combo: Instead of doing the final QCFx2 + A, a merely did another A, QCB+B

and it hit for 31, i found it much easier. Also mention Heat Up.

I was a bit confused at first, because when you mentioned character placement (i cannot find a video link anywhere) I thought it was your chars placement relative to the CPU, but its actually where in the stage.

May have been my bad.

And on coyori's combo, i managed to do it on a regular 360 controller.

What I did was during the button mash, perform circles on the left stick with your thumb (this gives the fast button imput, if you play practice and show button input youll see what i mean) and also try to hammer LT and Lb with your two fingers. The other thumb should be positioned roughly in the middle of the colour buttons, allowing you to press all 4 just be wiggling it around.

This took around 15 tries, but eventually it worked.

I'd love a fightstick, but im so damn cheap!

But A+ guide, keep up the good work.

Having really trouble with the odile 60 hit combo here.. following the videos exactly yet only come up with a max of 55 :mad:

Little hint with the achievement for Coyori's 50 hit combo, if your using a normal 360 controller, rather than mashing buttons during her Cat Storm move. I quickly managed to turn the controller so I could put the palm of my hand on the analogue stick and move it from side to side, whilst also mashing a few of the main buttons with my other.... It does sound awkward but it really did help

• 2 weeks later...

Jason> The 60 hit combo with Odile gave me a lot of trouble, too. From the directions they gave on the Japanese Wiki (and the video there), I was only getting a maximum of maybe 57 hits out of it. It all relies on the positioning of you and your opponent when you execute that super move at the end. For the most part, you want yourself to be as high up above them as possible and as far to one side of the screen as you can (to give it more time to hit). But it's not as simple as just that. I had thought that maybe it was based on luck, to some degree, since my combo number always varied by a few hits. Eventually, I had to tweak the combo a little bit in order to get the height needed for those last few hits...

I was gonna post about it last year, back when I got the achievement, but I never got around to it. I'm trying to remember what I did, exactly, to get it to work. I do recall playing around with the jumps, replacing the angled jumps with just straight-upward ones (or vice versa). That and, varying the button I pressed when hitting the opponent. You can use any of the buttons EXCEPT for 'C' (because that one, the high punch, will knock them downwards). I think I ended up using 'B' (low kick)... and might have even added one more air juggle to the end of the combo (right before executing the super move).

Oh and, I still need to check your reply on LIVE about your missing gallery image. If you see this in time, go ahead and post the question on the forums here somewhere... and I'll check it out for you. I've been having trouble with my connection the past few days, so I still never managed to check your followup message (and see which slot you were missing).

• 1 month later...

For EU Gamers:

In the EU Version there is NO second branch in the story mode except for Deathbringer. So you only need to trigger the special events for the main branch to get the 100%. That means that you don't need to do the conditions for getting to the second branch 'cause there is none! And you don't have to lose every fight as well. Just play through normally with triggering the main branch special event if there is one. There you go with your 100% Story Completion.

That's so unfair btw!! Would have loved to play the second branches for all the characters. ;_;

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/674/UP9y5Yk=.jpgPerfect Hero 100gs

Can you survive the Apocalypse Flame?

This one is the big daddy here, and there's a good reason its worth 100gs.

To get the achievement:

You have to Gachi (counter/parry) all 22 hits of the Apocalypse Flame and then finish End of Deathbringer with a perfect victory (taking no damage at all) on VERY HARD difficulty.

Japanese players have even figured this out to a science, since after you parry the first hit of the AF, you have to parry at a speed that is the equivalent of the musical BPM (beats per minute) of 212. Just to prove this can be done, I'll post a video of it being done here. Watch in dismay as this guy completely wrecks End of Deathbringer from beginning to end. I wish luck to anyone who attempts this, but the method of doing it is very clear.

The video is here. Scroll all the way down to the very bottom of the page to the 2nd embedded video and click the little button near the bottom to start playing.

That video doesn't load for me...

I found one on YouTube though:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKed_rrLUQs]YouTube - BattleFantasia: I Gotta What...[/ame]

You should add it to the guide to show how it's done :).

• 1 year later...

End of Deathbringer is destroying all my hopes of getting any achievements in Time Attack... and Arcade... Only reason I ever beat him in Story seems to be because of dying repeatedly and getting unlimited MP. =( I'm not awesome enough to master the gachi.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...