Achievement Wh***s

Dramacydal

This is for ppl starting this game soon.Start the game on hard cause its easy as hell.and you get an chievo for it.Don't know if they stack.Im on chapter 8.And theirs 14 of them.And you can load chapter but theirs an chievo where it says get the gas stamps without sounding an alarm.I didn't get that one.I checked before i opened the safe if their was something.because theirs a redlight above it blinking.And theirs nothing in that office.But on my escape i had to go through the basement.And their is a utility box in one of those rooms with the alarm.So I'm thinking you need to go down there first and disable it first.The rest seems streight forward.I'm not giving anything away.You can go anywhere but up to now there is no side missions.

kind of an "all over the place" post but i appreciate it and im sure i will understand and respect it more once i start playing. :)

i planned on starting on hard also... the demo gave me a good feel for the mechanics and controls of the game. seems moderately difficult, not "hard" by any means though.

im dissappointed you say there's no side missions. *tear*

Thanks for the advice. I might change my mind and try it on hard to begin with instead of normal

Wll i find Modern Warfare frustrating on veteran.And this has been a breeze so far.Yeah you health goes down quickly if you get shot but in like 5+ hrs I died only twice up to now.

it reminds me of the GTA IV achievement where you have to complete the game in under 30 game hours... i didnt really care about it at first and thought "oh, i'll just go back and replay the ENTIRE game again just for that one achievement."

well, its been a couple years now and i still cant get myself to start a new game and go for that, it just seems so demanding and time consuming (i know i will one day though lol).

i figure, just do it from the start to get it out of the way. im sure i'll still be able to enjoy the game for what it is.

This is for ppl starting this game soon.Start the game on hard cause its easy as hell.and you get an chievo for it.Don't know if they stack.Im on chapter 8.And theirs 14 of them.And you can load chapter but theirs an chievo where it says get the gas stamps without sounding an alarm.I didn't get that one.I checked before i opened the safe if their was something.because theirs a redlight above it blinking.And theirs nothing in that office.But on my escape i had to go through the basement.And their is a utility box in one of those rooms with the alarm.So I'm thinking you need to go down there first and disable it first.The rest seems streight forward.I'm not giving anything away.You can go anywhere but up to now there is no side missions.

theres actually 15 chapters

Quick little list to help out till some one puts a roadmap together. Awesome game :)

Edit: Oh yea Difficulty Achievements stack

A Real Gentleman 10g

In chapter 2 when you walk to Joe's apartment you'll walk by a cpl with a broken down car. Wait for them to finish fighting then offer to fix the car.

Tuned Ride 10g

Joe will tell you to drive to the auto shop to change your license plate. Like all GTA's first time is free. Upgrade your engine while you're there an he will pay for that as well.

The Professional 10g

Sneak down to the basement an cut the fuse box to the alarm. Then just avoid the guards for the rest of the mission.

A Lesson in Manners 10g

At the start of chapter 5 you'll walk outside an see a woman get her car rear-ended. A man gets out an starts to yell at her. Walk on over an put the smack down.

Wake Up Call 10g

*When you get to the house an the cut scene occurs head out to the white balcony doors. Then head to the laundry room to get some sheets to climb down*

Pedal to the Metal 10g

When you find a Ascot Bailey do both engine upgrades (this nets you Dream Handling 10g). Head to Grand Upper Bridge and gun it. Try to stay in the center an avoid cars. I've managed to get it up to 129mph.

Sharp Suiter 10g

Head to Vangel's clothing store (It's north of Derek's Office at the Harbor) and buy a Tailored Suit. I didn't notice the place till chapter 11 so I'm not sure if it's there from the get go.

Proper Scrapper 10g

Go the the scrap yard an use the car crusher 5 times.

Cruise Control 10g

Drive up to the top of the map (just under Harry's) and head east on the main road that leads to the freeway (the thick yellow line on the map). Just keep the car around 40mph the whole time an it should pop when you're almost at the end of the freeway.

Hard to Kill 10g

Not sure if this is the best way but this is how I did it. Keep killing cops till you get 4 stars an they bring out the automatic weapons. Then kill all but one cop an hop in a car (With only the driver there's no one to shoot at you). Then hop on the freeway an lead him around for 10 mins.

Exporter 10g

Head to the Harbor next to Derek's office is a cargo ship. You have to park cars on the ramp connected to the crane. The catch is they have to buy high end cars.

The three cars I've managed to get to work are:

Ascot Bailey, Shubert Frigate, and Smith Thunder Bolt.

The cars will net you from $1200-$1700 so if your hard up on cash this is great.

Edited by Sonic1896

i also started at hard. about to finish chapter 3. but few stuff annoys me. after a 5 min mission lets say i made an accident hit the car and im dead. also it takes a lot of seconds to health to increase and its boring to see a red blurry screen. and its worse when it happens while driving.