Breaking enemy´s legs

Keynwar

Hey,

i heard in some forums and in fact in the game itself that i can breake the arms and legs of my enemys.

How exactly can i do that?

I read that altair does it automatically by conter the enemys attacks, but he never did that.

Is this a skill i learn later during the game?

Thanks for answers

Keyn

Sorry I thought I did answer his question. Yes it is an automatic move he does when you counter an opponent (R and X when the enemy is about to strike you). I don't know if he just does random counters or if it depends on which side the enemy is attacking from, but I don't think you can choose when you break a limb.

edit: Oh yea and you don't get you ability to do counter attacks back until you have killed either your first or second target, forget which. But I have only killed the first 2 people and I see leg/arm breaks all the time when I'm doing counters.

they're all counter or combo attack moves, and the attack animation is random. Sometimes you break a knee cap, sometimes you stab him in the foot and finish him by ramming the blade in his chin, and many more, but they are all random. And you can use either the sword or the short blades for them.

I think you can silently unlock new/more elaborate counter kills and counterattacks as you rank up in the order. When I got access to counter kills and attacks they were the boring ones that are the most common, but as I finished assassinations I kept getting new ones that were so much more bone-crushingly, spine-snappingly better than the first bunch. So you might need to keep going through the story and doing counters until you see it, I only ever broke some legs when I was going after the Teutonic bloke in Acre.

You can also fight with the Hidden Blade. You can't block or attack, only counter, but it has about four unique counter animations, including one in which Altair stabs their eyes and throws them with their head.

You can also use the Hidden Blade to kill people that are considered "dead" but still writhing on the ground, which is really hilarious if you kill about 20 guards in one pile.