• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Huge thanks for this guide and the spreadsheet - just unlocked this last night!

Had a bit of a AARGGH NOOO moment when it didn't pop after I crafted the stupid kismetic tablet which should have been my last item, (NEVER want to see another gold berry in my LIFE!) but I started recrafting stuff in a temper and it popped when I made a Scramasax; must have checked it off by mistake, cue HUGE relief!!

Now I just have filthy rich, and the queen on infinity, wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I just started working on this (3 hours of gametime on infinity mode) and I'm already lost :s

What about SARULEUS AMERLISTA??? Supposedly you get it automatically after the battle in the Dragonbone Shrine and it's non-missable. The Saruleus Flute is in my inventory but I can't find the SARULEUS AMERLISTA? Pretty weird huh? I just reached Burgusstadt and wanted to check everything off to check my progress. Is this normal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Silver you'll be save that item is unmissable.

Btw, you can use think useful link here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/935661/54136

His guide contains all craftable things with their materials and all of the chests found in the game.

Just press ctrl+f to find whatever items.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/935661/56562

And this guide gives the info about items dropped from all monsters in the game.

Btw, I got compulsive this night. thanks very very much Demon.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got compulsive the other day. Last item was broken claws.

I had started doing it that way on my normal file, but I got sick off it and decided to do it on Hard mode while I got everything else. But of course, life sucks and with my boyfriend's mother renting 10 movies a week and us being forced to watch them, pressing the a button is lot was easier while watching a movie than anything else. I started the moment I got to Kolton, so I have abused the mad amounts of gold to my advantage for my compulsive achievement (which I should continue working on when i get bored with Vesperia).

I hate this filthy rich achievement. I start going crazy after a half hour. Been pausing and going back later in the day. Just passed 62 mil.

I'm having alot of trouble getting the drops from the lumbar's in SG the coin of diamonds and club of clubs I can never get them to drop I have spent hours in here. What is the best way to get S class in here for the drops? it seems they alot see me before I can get a player advantage. do I have to get 3 player advantages in a row first? If i get three player advantages in a row then a normal fight will i have to start all over again and get three player advantages for them to drop them? any help would be great I'm pulling my hair out here.

I was lucky with this. I got everything I needed in about 15 minutes. I set up grinn velesti on Capel. Run trhough the portal in luce plains holding down the right bumper. Keep running foward and connect to Eugene when you get into the mines. As soon as you get a target cast astro and wait. If you have a good INT and level 3 astro you can nearly kill everything there. Mop up with Grinn.

• 2 months later...

It didn't pop for me. After freaking out... I downloaded a new sheet... did the forensics to figure out what I had, and had to have made. After making some of the items others forgot about... I started going through and realized that the Feather Wristband isn't used to make anything higher than it... turns out that's what I skipped.

Thanks guys, this guide/checklist was the awesome, and I'd of not done it without it.

• 4 months later...

The Compulsive achievement was stressful and irritating. It took me forever, but I got it on my first playthrough thanks in part to this guide. It really helped me for the end game materials you need for IC. Pay attention to it and everything else and you'll make it too. Remember to keep multiple saves!!!! This game will punk you if you let it!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got this achievement! This guide was a huge help.

I also had a scare at the end when the I crafted the last item I needed and the achievement did not unlock. I spent about 7 hours re-crafting and re-farming for all the items that I did not currently have in my inventory, and it turned out to be the Beast Fur Greaves that I was missing. I think the problem was that early in the game (before delivering villagers to Sapran) I had crafted all of the best available weapons and armor, including the Beast Fur Garb and Beast Fur Bandana. I couldn't get the Beast Fur Greaves at that point because Malus Wood was not available yet and you need Malus Sandals to craft Beast Fur Greaves. That was weeks ago, though, so I forgot and thought I had crafted the whole Beast Fur set.

Thanks a lot to Demon9Tom and jukkakhan!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, this is my first post! Firstly thanks for making this guide. I am playing it through on Infinity mode so I can get the silly 1 point achievement.

This is just for anybody who is interested in knowing:

'what is the quicker way to farm - making Horseshoes? or making both Horseshoes and Smiley Charms?'

The quick answer is Horseshoes on their own; however it does depend on the distance between you and the shop. My experiment was by taking Eugene AND Edward outside of Nolaan Village. Both of them are IC level 6 and I began with 99 Sheep Hides, 99 Iron Metal, 99 Granite. A voucher and B voucher obtained.

The Journey from the shopkeeper near the entrance of town and just outside town takes approximately 15 seconds,(this figure includes the time it takes to sit down and get back up again) as does the return journey. You can make 49 of each item.

Results:

When creating BOTH items

Total time: 4.54 (including journey)

Material costs: FOL: 43,610 (refill)

Items sell for: FOL: 200,900

Journey's profit: FOL: 157,290

When creating JUST Horseshoes

Total time: 2.42 (including journey)

Material costs: FOL: 31,850 (refill)

Items sell for: FOL: 127,400

Journey's profit: FOL: 95,550

What I have deduced from these results is that for approximately 1/2 of the time you get approximately 1/3 more FOL. So the difference is around FOL: 25,000 more profitable per journey. This summary is my own estimations.

Same Journeys in a different town:

If you were to attempt this in a bigger town where the nearest shop is further away from the exit of the town, then the separate journey time would change, while the time it takes to make the materials would stay the same and hence change the proportions, making the two journeys a greater fraction apart; which would even out the profits. So if you go a big town like Halgita; then creating both items instead of just the one will pretty much be the same. EITHER WAY it is QUICKER overall to do it from Nolaan; so those of you on a second play-through who feel like a bit of early farming: head on down once you've destroyed the first chain.

Maybe giving Sigmund a Smiley Charm will sort out his TB^^

DgabrielM

Finally got this achievement a couple of weeks ago, after about

75 hours on Infinity, and I have to say, I would NEVER have made it without this guide and the Compulsive checklist. I mean, it was still a massive pain in the ass, but I can't even imagine what it would have been like to go at it unassisted. I still have the money cheev left, but I'll do that one later. Once I'm done with that, though, I'll be the third or fourth person in Sweden to 1k this bitch. (and then I can get started on Star Ocean, which is just laying on the shelf, taunting me *gulp*)

• 3 months later...

How many hours did you put into this to get "Compulsive"? Sometimes these achievements seem more like sentences of labor. In a way, I wish achievements did not even exist and we could go back to the day where in an RPG you focuses on the story and character building not arbitrary things like how fast you can do something. I find myself totally leaving the narrative when I focus on achievements.

• 3 weeks later...
How many hours did you put into this to get "Compulsive"? Sometimes these achievements seem more like sentences of labor. In a way, I wish achievements did not even exist and we could go back to the day where in an RPG you focuses on the story and character building not arbitrary things like how fast you can do something. I find myself totally leaving the narrative when I focus on achievements.
Compulsive takes about 50-70 hours depending on the difficulty that you're playing on.

• 1 month later...
I am a new member and I can't access the interactive list. I just finished Castle Prevant and want to start keeping track before it becomes too much of a mess!

You have to post 5 times, in order to have access to some stuff. I guess there has been spam bot problems or something of some sort haha

• 2 weeks later...