Thought/Question of the day: Skyrim Edition

Carmona

I've seen this kind of thread in other forums so I'll try it out here. Good way to keep the forums from getting cluttered and bogged down too.

I'll start of with something I've been wondering. Is there any way to put armor on a horse? I had 2 horses die on me now. Just want to know if I'm missing something.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol he's kidding. He's referencing the Horse Armor pack that was a DLC for Oblivion-- fans didn't like it.

ahh...I tried to play Oblivion, but it was too slow and dated. I wouldn't pay for that DLC.

My question: Is there any way to make your armor resitant to magic? If so is that in the heavy armor tree or smithing tree?

My question: Is there any way to make your armor resitant to magic? If so is that in the heavy armor tree or smithing tree?

Yes, but it's not in the perk trees, per se. You basically enchant items (which can include your armor) with magic resistance.

I read somewhere in this forum that magic resistance is capped at 80 or 85% so anything over that is a waste. You're better off using another enchantment once you've reached that cap.

Yes, but it's not in the perk trees, per se. You basically enchant items (which can include your armor) with magic resistance.

I read somewhere in this forum that magic resistance is capped at 80 or 85% so anything over that is a waste. You're better off using another enchantment once you've reached that cap.

Ahh Thanks...I'll be working on this. Now to get magic resistance, do I need to learn it or is that part of the tree?

The horse is supposed to fast travel with you always. If it's not, then the game's probably just being glitchy. I used Frost for 98% of my game (before he finally died) and he was always with me when I fast traveled.

I had frost for 5 minutes...FIVE MINUTES and 2 ice wolves killed him.

Ahh Thanks...I'll be working on this. Now to get magic resistance, do I need to learn it or is that part of the tree?

That's not part of any tree. Just keep an eye out for items (either loot or store items) that have magic resistance on it. Then disenchant it to learn its effects. Then when you're ready to make your own armor or enchant rings/necklaces, you can put magic resistance on. I found it extremely helpful (I was playing as a sneaky, archer/one-handed, light armor dude) cuz the mages were the only ones who kept pwning me.

I had frost for 5 minutes...FIVE MINUTES and 2 ice wolves killed him.

Reading the forums, it seems like it's probably another one of those random glitchy things. I was playing on Adept difficulty and the only time Frost or my follower died was when I accidentally hit them. Otherwise, the worse that happened was they get injured to the point of getting down on their knee and "surrendering," then the enemies would come after me instead. I'm not entirely sure how Frost even died in my game. I think I might've left him out on the ice/water too long or something.

Question: When you side with the Stormcloaks and take over Whiterun, the new jarl wants you to become his thane and he talks about you owning a house and what not...but I already own Breezehome from being the thane for the old jarl. Will becoming the new thane of Whiterun reset my house and all my belongings?

No it's safe. The first time you reenter your house you have to unlock it again but after that it's always unlocked.

That's not part of any tree. Just keep an eye out for items (either loot or store items) that have magic resistance on it. Then disenchant it to learn its effects. Then when you're ready to make your own armor or enchant rings/necklaces, you can put magic resistance on. I found it extremely helpful (I was playing as a sneaky, archer/one-handed, light armor dude) cuz the mages were the only ones who kept pwning me.

Would some of the shop owners have a weapon or amulet with magic resistance for sale?

Would some of the shop owners have a weapon or amulet with magic resistance for sale?

Yup, but don't think about it when you check their inventory. I think they can read your mind. Whenever it seems like I'm looking for something specific, they deliberately don't carry it. And when I've totally given up hope, then they stock it. Lol.

Nope your good, you can join all 4/5 of the groups and do their quests all at the same time.

Poss spoilers

I have a question, is the main quest still the same with the jarl of whiterun, when asking about dragon traps, if I've done the civil war quest?? He mentions about not being able unless there is a truce.

Edited by CRA166 T

Cheers.

I'm doing the Thieves Guild quest - Scoundrel's Folly, and the guy im following has seemingly disappeared in to a wall stand of boxes in the East Empire area - any thoughts?

EDIT - ignore! I found the secret ramp and door, totally by accident. I feel from the ledge. I also found a map in the building next to it xD

Edited by Matt36