In Form! Tips

Coxy x360a

I've bought around 70 gold premium packs, 30 silver premium and 300 bronze premium and am yet to come across an IF player.

I've heard several things about transferred players and spending FIFA points increases the odds, but has anyone got any tips for this achievement that are actually set in stone and aren't just possible rumours? I am aware this achievement is pure dumb luck but I'm sure you can push it a slight nudge in the right direction if you know how!

To be fair, I think all the tips thrown around are rumours and things people have heard from friends etc. I'm sceptical about happy hour too.

They say with happy hour it doubles your chances but that must be from like a 0.01% to 0.02% chance of getting an inform. Plus I think out of maybe the 15 informs I got last year only one of them was during happy hour.

I've bought around 70 gold premium packs, 30 silver premium and 300 bronze premium and am yet to come across an IF player.

I've heard several things about transferred players and spending FIFA points increases the odds, but has anyone got any tips for this achievement that are actually set in stone and aren't just possible rumours? I am aware this achievement is pure dumb luck but I'm sure you can push it a slight nudge in the right direction if you know how!

Wow, talk about your bad luck.

I have tried with premium silvers, but gave up quickly, as the resale value is probably the worst of all 3 packs. (Opened maybe 5 or 6)

I have tried Gold, managing to make back around 5000 coins on my 7500 purchase on average. (Opened some 25-30 packs)

Then I tried with Bronze, opened around 40 of those and - voila - IF player (ST - Durak - France) showed up.

From my experience, it's best to open bronze, since you can easily make your 750 coin investment with one or two rare players, some rare contracts or fitness / pace cards, and I even got a few rare silvers mixed in. Also, you can often get free coins or even a free pack.

It helped that this week had 2 bronze players in TotW.

It's better to buy premium bronze rather than regular then?

Yes. For an extra 250 coins you get two more rare cards.

And OP, there are no tips, its complete luck. Someone might buy five packs with coins and get sod all, then buy five packs with Fifa points and get an IF and Messi. Does that mean that you get a better chance to get good stuff using Fifa points? Nope. It was pure coincidence.

Unfortunately it is all down to luck.

I've had one friend get an In Form player after opening 3 packs with fifa points in the first week.

Then I had another friend yesterday open 5 packs (all rare gold btw) just after 6pm UK time and get an In Form player.

Me? Well i've opened at least 10 rare gold packs per week, and got nothing but a few rare players.

Yesterday I opened 10 gold rare packs with fifa points, and spent 230,000 coins on rare gold packs (30 packs with coins) and got nothing but a few rare players just after 6pm UK time.

All down to luck.

Just keep opening packs, preferably just after TOTW comes out and you might get lucky.

This achievement is a right pain up the arse, and yes there is no correct method of getting it, it's all down to luck.

Although hopefully it will be slightly glitched like last years was, last year this achievement popped for me when I opened a pack and didnt even have an IF player. Here's hoping.

So far I've opened:

~20 Gold Packs

~45 Gold Premium Packs

~10 Silver Packs

~25 Bronze Premium Packs

And have had nothing other than Maicon (70k) and Cazorla (20k)

My brother has opened far fewer packs and gotten two informs, a bunch of 70k+ players, and a silver guy worth 140k.

It's all luck.

Her's a video of me getting the achievement:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yAkNgj_1xM&feature=plcp]Fifa 13 In Form! Achievement / Trophy - YouTube[/ame]

One tip I would give is to purchase premium gold packs on the same hour of the release of the new Team of the week. I think I bought my pack on a Wednesday at around 6-6:30, so if any of you are considering splashing out maybe you could try waiting until then.