Earning Money to unlock all "Buy/Shop achievements"

DeZmonD88

Ok, so this is my first GH and obviously I suck so bad that I can only barely complete this on Medium Difficulty.

Given that I can play as many times as required, can I just keep playing Medium Difficulty and earn enough cash to get all the "Buy/Shop Achievements"?

I believe I need at least $90000.

Also, I don't expect to 1000 this game but I would like to get at least 750 GS from just playing on Medium Difficulty. Is that possible?

P.S. I've read through the entire Achievement Guide and various other topics on this board for the past 1 and a half hours. So, if I'm asking something blatantly obvious, you're gonna have to forgive me.

I can answer this for you tomorrow or maybe possibly later tonight. I have played through and completed hard & expert career 5*ing almost all songs on hard and a little over half on expert and I have right around $70,000. My plan is to make another band and play through expert again being that 5*ing a song on expert gives you $1,850 I think, instead of the $600 I would get for 5*ing medium. Anywayss I'm going to make a new band earn about $25,000 then go buy the guitars that I need write down which ones I purchased then switch to my orginal band and buy the remaining guitars and see if this achievement unlocks.

P.S. I'm sure you have read in the forums but once a buying achievement is unlocked you go to your dashboard and save some cash from the band that you just unlocked it with as long as you don't back out and let it autosave.

If just keep practicing you should be able to get the hang of medium eventually you will gain control of your pinky to hit the blues, that way you do not have to slide your hand any. In order to reach 700 and not being able to play medium is not very likely, but if you are able to get a perfect on a medium on just any song (Dream on & Dream Police are both very easy) then you should be able to get over 700. I don't think easy is possible because you won't be able to create enough bands to accumulate enough money.

Here is kind of a dumb question but do you play on a HD Television?? If so trying going to options and calibrating the lag, it may help out. This might notbe your problem but it's a very good possiblity.

Edit: Ok so I added it up and I'm pretty sure I added it up right and this would require you to get at least $15,000 in a single band being that that's what it costs to buy a char. from the Vault, so you are going to have to play at least some medium. You should be able to get about a 735GS out of this with out beating medium career it would just take a very very long time & you are going to have to be able to gold star songs on easy.

Edited by rrapp00

Thanks for the very detailed input, I guess I'll give it a little more time before just quiting.

Regarding the HDTV question; yes I do play on a HDTV and I tend to play the note too early. I have no problem with using my pinking to play the blue fret, my bane are the weird chords and quick changes. For example, (RB) (GR) (B) (B) (G) (RB). My mind just can't seem to coordinate my left hand's need to change notes so quickly while my right hand's strumming away.

Anyway, I'm really shocked "I don't want to miss a thing" is not in the game, it's one of my favorite songs.

Edited by DeZmonD88

Your welcome hopefully it helped at least a little bit. "I don't wanna miss a thing" is definately a great song and so is "Crying" & "Amazing" which were not in this game as well :(

If you are playing a note too early try calibrating the lag in the options it really does help. If it stays at 0 after you are done calibrating then there is no lag on the other hand if you calibrate and it bumps up to 30 or so there a good bit of lag. Its at least worth a shot and it only takes 20 secs tops.

As for switching between those chords sliding your hand might help if you are having trouble getting a certain finger to lift or go down when you want it to.

Yeah you just have to finish the song to complete your career, but the higher percentage the more money you will make, well actually it goes by points but if you get a higher percentage you are going to have more points naturally. Using your Star Power in the chord spots or spots with lots of notes will help you get more points as well.

I finished all my purchasing achievements last night and yes you can purchase all the stuff from multiple bands. So it would take a really long time but you will be able to get all purchasing achievements.

Ok, so to finally put this to rest, I have questions:

1. I know I need $90000 to get all buy/shop achievements. I know the dashboard/disable autosave trick to buy everything between 5 bands.

2. I can only play medium, so I know I need to play Easy/Medium on 5 bands (so thats 310 songs). I have no problem with that

3. 5 staring on easy is not a problem. On medium however, I tend to get 4 stars on some songs, so that gives me $350 instead of $600, so that would mean that I would not get the $90000 I need.

4. How can I make up for not getting 5 stars and the bonus? Can I re-play the songs to get 5 stars (but does this unlock the money bonus)?

5. I know that buying a guitar/outfit/song on Band A unlocks them for Band B and thus count towards the shop achievement, but since I can only create 5 bands but cannot generate $90000 with 5 bands. Can I buy some guitars with $17000 earned from Band A, delete Band A and recreate another band to earn more money but still have those guitars bought with the $17000 unlocked?

Basically I'm asking if I can earn $90000 from just 3/4 starring Medium and 5 starring Easy Career with 5 bands. And if that is not possible, what is a workaround, assuming I cannot play hard?

Edited by DeZmonD88

Given that I can play as many times as required, can I just keep playing Medium Difficulty and earn enough cash to get all the "Buy/Shop Achievements"?

Regarding all of the store achievements u can also earn enough money just for all the characters (for say), then buy all of them, get the achievement, and shut off your xbox before it saves. When you go back and turn your xbox on you will still have the achievements as well as all of your money so u can buy something else.

I just found a really old topic stating that you can delete bands and still maintain items bought with said band. But can anyone else confirm this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944963&topic=44034469

If that's the case, I should be able to:

1. Play Medium Career Bands A, B, C, D and E. Earning between $12000 to $16000 per band

2. Buy $16000 worth of guitars for each band

3. Delete each band with $0

4. Recreate another band to play through on Medium Career again to earn another $16000 to buy more guitars etc.

5. The guitars I bought with Bands A, B, C, D and E would still be considered "bought" after I delete these 5 bands?

I just found a really old topic stating that you can delete bands and still maintain items bought with said band. But can anyone else confirm this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944963&topic=44034469

If that's the case, I should be able to:

1. Play Medium Career Bands A, B, C, D and E. Earning between $12000 to $16000 per band

2. Buy $16000 worth of guitars for each band

3. Delete each band with $0

4. Recreate another band to play through on Medium Career again to earn another $16000 to buy more guitars etc.

5. The guitars I bought with Bands A, B, C, D and E would still be considered "bought" after I delete these 5 bands?

Ya I have done that and it worked for me on expert so it should work for you on medium

I admire you commitment to trying to get these achievements lol, my personal advice would be to play the other games and try and get better so you can go and complete the game on Expert with ease and save a lot of time.

I have been renting the game for a week or so and have completed the game 3 and 1/2 times and have all the achievements apart from Train Kept a Rollin and complete all songs in co-op as bass. I really can't be bothered to play the game anymore because it's such a drag. Your making a really big commitment to want to play this game through 6 or so times just for the achievements (8 for co-op), surely it's worth playing again in future once your better? lol.

You can get the 2 co-op achievement with the no fail cheat or so I hear.

I will probably find it a chore once I hit my 3rd or 4th run through, but hey, I sat through 16 hours of crap while doing Dead Rising's 7 day survivor and tolerated the frustration of Ninja Gaiden 2.

I'm sure completing medium a couple of times won't be that bad.

Ok, so this is my first GH and obviously I suck so bad that I can only barely complete this on Medium Difficulty.

Also, I don't expect to 1000 this game but I would like to get at least 750 GS from just playing on Medium Difficulty. Is that possible?

P.S. I've read through the entire Achievement Guide and various other topics on this board for the past 1 and a half hours. So, if I'm asking something blatantly obvious, you're gonna have to forgive me.

Ok, first, this game is too easy, so I bet with some practice you could beat it on hard.

You have to play different songs to get money, the best way is to beat the career on the mode you do best in, and then make a new band and do it over. I had to go through like 3 expert careers to get enough money

Last thing, if you practice alot, play the songs alot, and have a boosting buddy, you could get almost 850 in this game just from playing medium.

Yup, I've gotten all the achievements out of the way except the shop ones, hard/expert career and TKAR.

Right now, I can 4/5 star medium and 3/4 star hard Tier 1. So, I'm wondering how the money is awarded for hard. I can't play tier 2 yet because playing chords with the orange and then quickly switching to chords with the green are screwing me up.

Hard Career:

1. 3 star - $650

2. 4 star - $700

3. 3 star - $300

4. 3 star - $300

5. 3 star - $300

in all onesty the amount of times you will have to play through medium to get the money you would have got yused to the game, started 5 starring all them everytime and probally have th skils to move up to hard. The main problem you have seems to me is just the simple getting used to the game but you will get it pretty easily i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm no good at this game either I can only 5 star Medium which is $600, so I'm going to make 5 bands, 5 star every medium star which is 31 songs x 5 = 155, 155 * 600 = 93, 000. Just enough to unlock every achievement, by then I should be good enough to go through on Hard, maybe even Expert, although I'm not going to even try for Score Hero.

• 3 weeks later...

The orange key keeps catching me out, so while I can complete songs on Hard, I usually only getting 3 or 4 stars on them.

In a single playthrough on Medium I can usually 5* everything apart from 1 or 2 songs, so that is enough to score over 15k per band. If you want to boost the score for one band to save having to delete on, you can also play through easy, and do the first few tiers of hard at 3/4* level and it gets you to 30k

So without being able to do Hard or Expert I think there are only 3 achievements you won't be able to get (Complete Hard, Complete Expert & Score Hero) which total 155GS, leaving a total of 845GS possible only on Medium, though it will take time to build up the 90k to buy all the guitars, which are only worth 20GS.

Since I got this as a rental, and am already over 700GS, soon to be 800GS I'm happy to get that much considering how stupidly hard many of the GH3 achievements were in comparison!!

Thanks for the very detailed input, I guess I'll give it a little more time before just quiting.

Regarding the HDTV question; yes I do play on a HDTV and I tend to play the note too early. I have no problem with using my pinking to play the blue fret, my bane are the weird chords and quick changes. For example, (RB) (GR) (B) (B) (G) (RB). My mind just can't seem to coordinate my left hand's need to change notes so quickly while my right hand's strumming away.

Anyway, I'm really shocked "I don't want to miss a thing" is not in the game, it's one of my favorite songs.

Ever since i've been playing on Hard I tend to Move down for any chord which has a space in between (GY)(RB)(YO), and use my Pinky for the right one and my Index for the left one. I now do it in medium aswell.

It helps me a lot, just remember to put your pinky or index finger back to Green or if your playing on HArd Green or Red

• 2 weeks later...
The orange key keeps catching me out, so while I can complete songs on Hard, I usually only getting 3 or 4 stars on them.

In a single playthrough on Medium I can usually 5* everything apart from 1 or 2 songs, so that is enough to score over 15k per band. If you want to boost the score for one band to save having to delete on, you can also play through easy, and do the first few tiers of hard at 3/4* level and it gets you to 30k

So without being able to do Hard or Expert I think there are only 3 achievements you won't be able to get (Complete Hard, Complete Expert & Score Hero) which total 155GS, leaving a total of 845GS possible only on Medium, though it will take time to build up the 90k to buy all the guitars, which are only worth 20GS.

Since I got this as a rental, and am already over 700GS, soon to be 800GS I'm happy to get that much considering how stupidly hard many of the GH3 achievements were in comparison!!

OK I've finished with the game and sent it back, and ended up with 800GS having only completed careers up to Medium, and 3/4 starred a few of the early tiers on Hard.

The only achievements I didn't get were complete Hard & Expert, buy all guitars (didn't want to play through career several more times), score 325,000 (req. Expert), coop fail 95%, coop with two bought characters.

Unlike GH3 this game doesn't require you to be amazing to score a lot of points.