If you're wondering why you didn't get an event ribbon...

lifeexpectancy

Poor programming? Or developer lazyness  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Poor programming? Or developer lazyness

• Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements.
    • Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events.

I feel like an idiot for asking, but what exactly do I have to play to get an event ribbon right now? I just started the game so it's not really clear. I saw "Brothers to the End" in the OP, but I don't have the DLC... so am I screwed on this round? I tried normal wingman and that didn't get me anything.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I apparently already had this one too.... still 27/30. When/if I actually get this medal, I'm going to try to smash my disc into at least 100 pieces with a hammer.

Don't just try, put as much effort as possible into making sure you succeed :)

28/30. My dad works in a steel foundry so I'll be passing my copy to him to melt in an industrial furnace before he retires.

I feel like an idiot for asking, but what exactly do I have to play to get an event ribbon right now? I just started the game so it's not really clear. I saw "Brothers to the End" in the OP, but I don't have the DLC... so am I screwed on this round? I tried normal wingman and that didn't get me anything.

The OP specifically states that the game mode does not matter. This question keeps getting asked because people don't actually read the OP carefully. Play warzone, tdm no dlc, wingman, whatever. If it's an event you haven't played, you will get credit if you play any multiplayer game.

The OP specifically states that the game mode does not matter. This question keeps getting asked because people don't actually read the OP carefully. Play warzone, tdm no dlc, wingman, whatever. If it's an event you haven't played, you will get credit if you play any multiplayer game.

I did read the OP, and this is why I'm confused. I have zero ribbons right now since I just started the game, but regardless of what I do, I can not make progress.

I played wingman since someone said bros to the end = wingman, no progress. Someone else in here said "play the player's choice playlist", I did that, nothing.

I saw someone somewhere else say that the event is "creepie crawlies" (horde), so I tried playing a round of horde... nothing.

Yep, I was playing online in standard MP, no private / offline matches.

Point is, I played a lot of MP and never got a ribbon for any of it, hah.

Does anyone know if those lazy shitheads repeated Brothers to the End again or haven't they updated the event yet, you know, the one that was supposed to be updated 9 AM EST on Friday... I haven't gotten a ribbon yet and apparently neither does anyone else so I guess they haven't updated event yet, right? 28/30 right now, I need the ribbons fast before they abandon the events completely...

I did read the OP, and this is why I'm confused. I have zero ribbons right now since I just started the game, but regardless of what I do, I can not make progress.

I played wingman since someone said bros to the end = wingman, no progress. Someone else in here said "play the player's choice playlist", I did that, nothing.

I saw someone somewhere else say that the event is "creepie crawlies" (horde), so I tried playing a round of horde... nothing.

Yep, I was playing online in standard MP, no private / offline matches.

Point is, I played a lot of MP and never got a ribbon for any of it, hah.

My apologies then man. I haven't heard of anyone unable to earn credit for playing events if they just started the game. I never played the DLC playlist or horde or beast once personally for my events. I simply played a match of warzone every week and got my credit toward War Supporter. Perhaps they aren't leaving the event "active" all week any more but I doubt it. You may want to contact epic and explain your situation, not that I have high hopes those lazy bastards will help.

My apologies then man. I haven't heard of anyone unable to earn credit for playing events if they just started the game. I never played the DLC playlist or horde or beast once personally for my events. I simply played a match of warzone every week and got my credit toward War Supporter. Perhaps they aren't leaving the event "active" all week any more but I doubt it. You may want to contact epic and explain your situation, not that I have high hopes those lazy bastards will help.

Maybe Epic isn't letting new people get ribbons so they don't feel ripped off when they stop the events? Could it be that they just complete the cycle now and allowing the ones with at least 1 ribbon a chance to get them all and once that's done they can stop the events? Is that a possibility? It wouldn't surprise me to be honest, if it is indeed true which I hope it isn't, but I'll tell everyone right now that it won't be long after Judgement comes out that they stop the events completely, if not sooner..

Bros to the end is 2vs2 TDM, not Wingman.

As for not getting the ribbon, I only got it on my third or fourth match, by playing specifically Bros to the end -the first matches were standard TDM-.

...So did anyone else not get a ribbon this weekend either? With the repeat "Brother to the End" :mad:

There is no repeat of Brothers to the end, the event didn't change this Friday...

Edited by General Valtiel

Hey guys, I was thinking about starting up this achievement but didn't realize the serious programming issues with it until I read this scary thread on the laziness of Epic to support the game. As I recall, I think I only ever did the very first Gears event right when the game first came out, then never did any after that since I stopped playing completely after getting all the single player achievements. At this point in time, would it even be possible, or worth it, to attempt to get this achievement? At this point, will there be enough events left in the current cycle or the next, to get all 30 required events?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I was thinking about starting up this achievement but didn't realize the serious programming issues with it until I read this scary thread on the laziness of Epic to support the game. As I recall, I think I only ever did the very first Gears event right when the game first came out, then never did any after that since I stopped playing completely after getting all the single player achievements. At this point in time, would it even be possible, or worth it, to attempt to get this achievement? At this point, will there be enough events left in the current cycle or the next, to get all 30 required events?

Thanks!

I don't want to scare you by saying this, and it could very well not be true, but I personally think that Epic will stop doing the events very soon, probably right after Judgement comes out... Like I said, this may not be true, but they won't be doing events forever anyway and seeing as they've been really lazy updating the events the past couple months I think they're done soon...And playing 29 events would take about 7.5 months, and by that time Judgement has been out for a couple of months already.. Just be prepared for the worst and expect the unexpected when it comes to ANYTHING Epic promises/does, it will save you a few heart attacks and high blood-pressure along the way :/

Man that sucks. It's a shame that a developer like Epic would make an online achievement that requires a lot of attention from the gamer, but provides bad support for it to where it's possible that it may not even be obtainable anymore after a period of time. Does anyone know exactly when the current cycle will end (or is projected to end) ?

Man that sucks. It's a shame that a developer like Epic would make an online achievement that requires a lot of attention from the gamer, but provides bad support for it to where it's possible that it may not even be obtainable anymore after a period of time. Does anyone know exactly when the current cycle will end (or is projected to end) ?

We're on number 24 on this cycle, could be one more or one less, but keep in mind the event still hasn't updated... Who could've seen that one coming?...

2nd stupid question....I see the list of events, how do I find out what game type or what requirements are needed to get that event for the week

Read the original post in its entirety.This has been asked a countless number of times in both event threads.Everything you want to know is there.Also, you should have just edited your previous post.

Read the original post in its entirety.This has been asked a countless number of times in both event threads.Everything you want to know is there.Also, you should have just edited your previous post.

Read it for the third time and still don't understand. What I mean is how do I know for example if the event is in team death match or warzone or horde.

I get the whole calendar cycle and missing events part just not sure how I figure out what game mode for what event.

Let's say the next event is horde.

Play horde. get a ribbon.

Play warzone, get a ribbon.

Play KotH, get a ribbon.

Basically, you have to play SOMETHING to get the ribbon, it doesn't matter what. That's my understanding of the OP, but I still haven't got anything, so who knows.

Let's say the next event is horde.

Play horde. get a ribbon.

Play warzone, get a ribbon.

Play KotH, get a ribbon.

Basically, you have to play SOMETHING to get the ribbon, it doesn't matter what. That's my understanding of the OP, but I still haven't got anything, so who knows.

That, and you have to play online. Offline matches won't count.

Still no new event...seems I might aswell just say "F' it" to this achievement :mad:

Read it for the third time and still don't understand. What I mean is how do I know for example if the event is in team death match or warzone or horde.

I get the whole calendar cycle and missing events part just not sure how I figure out what game mode for what event.

I'm right there with you. The shit doesn't make any sense.

I don't understand why they've made such an elaborate detailed list (Which is very nice, by the way) if all you have to do is play an online vs match? :confused:

So on one hand, what they're saying is to just play on line. If that's all that is required, why bother making the detailed list?

I'm only at 7/30. I've been playing this game just about every day since June (For fun, not even grinding). I should have had more ribbons by now...

Shit don't make any damn sense.