New 5-Star Strategy

xCGIx PUNISHER

I just sort of stumbled on this last night and although I already had the achievement, I found it really easy to get 5-Stars every match. See if you use the Parrot Drone it takes what, 50 marks to become 5 stars? Where as if you just get kills it only takes 15.

Well yesterday I set up a Drone Class that included the perk that essentially turns your drone into a grenade when it explodes. I ran to the back of the map and flew one right next to an enemy, and what do you know, he knifes me and I get a kill. So basically what I do is go up, mark a few targets, (but not so many on your first drone that the game establishes the DRONE as the Star Threat and not your killstreak, if that makes sense.) find somebody on the opposite team who is also using a drone and fly right next to him. If I had already established a killstreak I would just sit right next to him marking him to get points so I could keep buying drones. Doing this, I often got double kills with each drone, since a teammate would usually run by and knife the drone, killing him and the guy that was occupied. It was really easy to get to 15 kills using this method and if you're in the very back of the map nobody will ever really find and kill you.

It's also a great strategy because not only are you marking targets and getting kills which obviously helps your team, but once the other team wises up to what you're doing and stops knifing your drone they become preoccupied with your drone instead of capturing objectives.

Anyway, try out this strategy and see if it works for you. It's not the most entertaining way to do it but it definitely worked for me.

Already a thread created on the 17/03 & still on the first page

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=300369

This way is totally different.... He is using the drone to get kills, not mark peoiple.... he is only marking to get points to use more drones....

so not the same at all.... I already have both achievements, so no good to me, but still good idea if you have unlocked the explosive drone ability.

Actually I did consider posting it in that thread, but since it's not the same thing I decided it deserved its own thread. Nutsack.

And the perk is callled "Crater-to-Order" I believe and it's not unlocked until level 34. So I guess on the off chance you still haven't gotten the achievement by level 34 or you just don't like playing Battle Commander this is a pretty sweet strategy. Even if you have the achievement I recommend trying it, it's a lot of fun.

If you have the Penny Pincher perc, it's good to equip that too because it drops the price of your drone. You need to build up a 'bank' of battlepoints so you have enough to spawn 15 of them without putting yourself at risk

Good call. I believe I have Penny Pincher (2) Crater-to-Order (2) and Thick Skin (1). Or sometimes I'll use that and Drone Be Gone and My Buddy in place of Penny Pincher.

• 4 weeks later...

there is a way to get it easily by just being a solidier. you unlock the thermal goggles and use them at the start of the match (they help alot, especially with the campers on roofs) and use the t3ak with silencer and the less recoil down sights perk this will let you kill people from almost the other side of the map and it is very easy when you can see people and they cant see you, and it does work because i got it on my first match of unlocking the goggles on the suburbs map

Quite frankly if you're gonna use gun tactics, there's nothing better than using the SCAR-L like a pump-action shotgun. Fire from the hip, circle strafe and keep it silenced; nobody will be able to keep up with you.

When I was using the SCAR-L, after I already got the required killstreak in vanilla TDM (hate the threat level giving my location away,) I then went on to get two 5-star threat levels in the same hour.

Also, I know people shoot drones way too quickly in BC these days, but the Parrot is still a valid way of getting the achievement. The best tactic I found was in Borderlands; fly the Parrot on the rooves of the stores that you aren't supposed to get on top of (behind Hooters and White Castle) and use the stores' signs as cover; just pop out when a target's icon starts blinking, but otherwise just hide.

Another thing I noticed is that vehicles tend to be more receptive to marking; you can hover over them and mash the trigger and you it feels like it marks more frequently or responsively than on a human target.

Personally the way I got the achievement was with the initial strategy, then when a heavy tank was going around I flew behind it for levels 4 and 5, mashing that trigger as fast as I could amidst a hail of bullets. It was nerve-wracking but it worked. Luckily a heavy tank probably won't care too much about a stupid drone, but the other players were certainly trying to ruin my streak. =P