Worth a buy?

BIGbivvie

When did 7/10 become a bad review score?, which is what both Gamespot and OXM gave it.

Ign gave it 4/10 but the review was not great they did the same with Ninja Gaiden 3 which was still enjoyable.

Like I said. Its what I've read and seen in a couple of places, even here on the forums.

Again, I've never watched the series or played the game, so I'm going off peoples reactions. If others are giving it 7/10 etc, then it looks like it's getting mixed feelings and reviews.

Take the risk or don't, that's the only choice you have when it comes to that.

I personally really enjoy the game. I have only finished level one however. It takes a little bit of time to get used to the battle system (i'm not sure why they chose such an arcane way). But as the game progresses I have found it to not be all that bad. Once you unlock more actions, it seems a little better.

I have never read the books, but I do watch the series. The story seems like it will be very enjoyable. I don't think the graphics are terrible, but they are dated. I have not experienced any bugs (through Chapter 1), and I suggest you save a lot (you can anytime not in battle).

Overall, I think I will really enjoy this game. When/If you accept that this game is different from real-time fighting (like Witcher 2) and accept it flaws, it seems like it will be very fun. Hope this helps.

I am a huge fan of the books, and love the show. So, that is why I chose to partake in this game.

I would say it is worth a rent (that is the course I chose).

Not a lot of re-playability (none, in my case).

My complaints (I started a bitching thread LINK), is the over the shoulder view, which was maddening (To me), and the mouth animations were atrocious.

But, as I stated in the beginning of this post, it was worth it to me as a huge fan, and there is a special appearance by George R. R. Martin in the game (Another post..*Slight Spoilers* LINK)

Edited by xKRAIZEEMANx

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon I'm about half way through and my thoughts are these if anyone is interested -

The Story is very good, although be prepared for a fair bit of dialogue, especially early on. However the strength of the story is enough to keep me interested, if you're familiar with the first book you will enjoy the themes here.

The combat is ok, there's not much depth, but at least its different - there are some tough fights where you need to mix it up but its quite similar to Dragon Age - if your character is strong enough you can hack n' slash your way through most of it.

The graphics are the worst part of the game. Oh and some of the voice acting but I don't mind that part so much. What is annoying is they have such a rich universe to exploit and it couldn't look more drab, some parts of the North are as bad as I've seen on this generation of console.

Overall if you like the books or series you'll get into this, get over the looks and there is a good story there, and some decent gameplay - I'd give it maybe 5 or 6 out of 10.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it on Thursday, just started it today. Seems good so far, played through the first chapter at Castle Black, part way the next. Took me about 2 hours. With maybe 30 minutes of game play. Story is good enough to keep me playing though.

I cant rememeber of any game based on a film/series ever being good since Goldeneye.

Batman AA and AC.

___

I picked this up and played a bit of it. Not too bad, not amazing yet either though. The atmosphere is good though for those, like me, who loved the books. Feels a bit like the Discworld games in that it would be a crap game if you didn't love the world and the style it was set in.

Even if it is shit, I know I'll end up getting it purely because I love the series. From what I've read the combat is it's strongest aspect and the less said about the graphics the better. Think I'll buy it if I can get it for around £25 - 30 at some point.

Really DON'T, honestly it's the worst game i've ever played and i'm amazed that a great series of books and TV shows could be butchered in such a way and this 'game' still be allowed into the public domain. It really is that bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I cant rememeber of any game based on a film/series ever being good since Goldeneye.

They're all going to suck if you keep comparing them to Goldeneye. That's a bad habit to have.

I'm about to pop the game in for the first time. I'm a huge fan of both the show and the books (currently in book 4). I think it's going to be cool regardless of graphics, dialog, and combat, just to run around the seven kingdoms.

• 2 weeks later...