Is gaming a sport? Yes or no?

It must be! And I believe it is. Gaming may not seem to have physical exertion but your body does exhibit signs of physical exertion i.e. sweat, cramps, soreness . . etc.

The body displays the same signs during sexual activity; doesn't make it a sport. Gaming is more synonymous to, as someone pointed out earlier, a simple activity or competition. If anything, it's a mind-sport, such as chess or poker. But comparing it to a sport that requires you to be physically fit to excel at is purely incorrect; you can have the poorest of health and still do well in gaming competitions.

Edited by Kraderic

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever heard of sport fishing? lol

They have competitions that require skill and physical exertion.

Yes. And because you put the word SPORT in front of it, doesn't make it a sport. I don't go around saying I SPORT masturbate.

never fished Marlins or sharks...have you?

No. Cause I don't have mad money to rent a boat, and buy those expensive rods. Also, read statement above.

People say they hunt for sport, but really, there's no sport.

And for those backing up the statement that "gaming is a sport", need to have their heads examined.

Yes. And because you put the word SPORT in front of it, doesn't make it a sport. I don't go around saying I SPORT masturbate.

No. Cause I don't have mad money to rent a boat, and buy those expensive rods. Also, read statement above.

People say they hunt for sport, but really, there's no sport.

And for those backing up the statement that "gaming is a sport", need to have their heads examined.

First of all Im not saying gaming is a sport..it's a hobby.

A sport is something you do a little extra ordinary...like hitting a home run.

I was responding to your stupid comment about fishing not being a sport...it's takes lots of energy to catch a shark...so if you want to call that a sport I think people have a good point....fly fishing for trout is not a sport.

First of all Im not saying gaming is a sport..it's a hobby.

A sport is something you do a little extra ordinary...like hitting a home run.

I was responding to your stupid comment about fishing not being a sport...it's takes lots of energy to catch a shark...so if you want to call that a sport I think people have a good point....fly fishing for trout is not a sport.

Listen here kid. Just cause YOU like fishing and YOU think it's a sport, doesn't mean it is. It's your OPINION. And to call my comment stupid, makes you a dick.

Also, LEARN TO READ. It says, "And for those backing up the statement that "gaming is a sport". So not you, unless you said so.

Listen here kid. Just cause YOU like fishing and YOU think it's a sport, doesn't mean it is. It's your OPINION. And to call my comment stupid, makes you a dick.

Also, LEARN TO READ. It says, "And for those backing up the statement that "gaming is a sport". So not you, unless you said so.

You can buy fishing poles at Dick's Sporting Goods. ESPN also considers fishing a sport on their website. I don't like to go fishing, but I still think it is a sport.

I love how you tell him to learn to read when you overlooked the fact that he never said he liked fishing or that he believed it was a sport; two things you obscenely accused him of doing. The only dick here is you, kind sir -- and a short one at that.

I love how you tell him to learn to read when you overlooked the fact that he never said he liked fishing or that he believed it was a sport; two things you obscenely accused him of doing. The only dick here is you, kind sir -- and a short one at that.

He's not a dick. He's just battling a troll on this forum. Cut him some slack.

Looks like I hurt your feelings. I never said I like fishing...my point is fishing for Marlins and Sharks on the open ocean would be considered a sport in my book. You dismiss it like it's chess or checkers. I didn't say ALL fishing was a sport, but just that catching a 800 pound shark is NOT in the same category as Chess. You accuse me of not reading your post and totally ignore everything in mine except for the word stupid...Since I'm 31, unless your in your 50's or 60's calling me "kid" is kind of weird too.

He's not a dick. He's just battling a troll on this forum. Cut him some slack.

Not sure what your definition of a troll is but your way off...a troll makes a comment to start a flame war thats off topic...or to start an argument...I was correct him on dismissing fishing as a sport....not calling people trolls cause they dont have the same point of view....do you see the Irony?

Im going to give you one shot to give me a real reason for accusing me of a troll (not the generic "you're a troll cause you have a different opinion then me)....otherwise you'll be ignored like all the other trolls I've come across (blueprotoss, Ninja Kaspyr 83, xXeliteprosniperXx)

Edited by Carmona

a troll makes a comment to start a flame war thats off topic...or to start an argument...

I was correct him on dismissing fishing as a sport....

not calling people trolls cause they dont have the same point of view....

You've done that countless times in countless threads. Almost every thread I see you post in, you have no input to the conversation. Instead, your first post is, "You're wrong, this is the way it should be. You're an idiot." I know a lot of people see this too. Even Kraderic thinks we're both trolls. How cute!

I never said you were wrong in correcting him. I don't care if fishing is or isn't a sport. I don't fish so I can't really say anything about it.

I didn't say you were a troll because you have a different opinion. People can have conversations and discussions because they have a different opinion. Read above for the reason.

You can block me, I don't care. It will just prevent you from getting your feelings hurt. In fact, I will block you so I don't have to read your uneducated posts where you can't correctly distinguish between you're and your. You can respond, but then that means you didn't block me. But it won't matter, because I'll have you blocked.

Sorry, but I consider you a troll much more than I do Carmona.

I'm sure you do.