• Hockenheim - Grosser Preis Santander von Deutschland
    • Spa - Belgian Grand Prix
    • Monza - Gran Premio Santander d'Italia
    • Suzuka - Japanese Grand Prix
    • Marina Bay - Singtel Singapore Grand Prix

EDIT

-------------------------------------------------

Alright, people, a little update for everyone:

We now have 2 threads that will be our go-to threads for the upcoming race and races in the future:

1. X360A World Championship

This thread will be stickied and will serve as a source of information for the participants of each race.

In it are a list of participants, general settings, race information, track information, drivers championship standings, last week's results as well as a peek at every upcoming race. Make sure to check it out before every race.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The thread can be found here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=263904

2. X360A Championship - Driver Sign-Up Thread

This thread will serve as the sign-up for each race. Make sure to let us know if you're able to participate and which day is better for you (Saturday or Sunday).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=263917

Additionally, voting for this week's GP will no longer be considered, since we are now doing the Formula 1 2010 season calendar, beginning with Bahrain this SAT/SUN.

Cheers, d.

Edited by daenius

I was thinking once a week every Sunday, due to Sunday being the day I imagine most people will be able to play freely. But if people were busy, switch it to Saturday.

I'd reckon about 7-8pm to be safe too, though I think the British guys are all willing to play like we did last time, it's just people like yourself who are in different time zones that we need to check the availability of.

I mean we could always have mini-races midweek when other people can't make it, but for the main event I'd suggest Sundays.

Track selection would be the next issue, for that I was thinking we go through the calender as they do in real F1, obviously not Melbourne though as we've done that, but start at Bahrain and work through?

I was thinking once a week every Sunday, due to Sunday being the day I imagine most people will be able to play freely. But if people were busy, switch it to Saturday.

I'd reckon about 7-8pm to be safe too, though I think the British guys are all willing to play like we did last time, it's just people like yourself who are in different time zones that we need to check the availability of.

Personally, I don't have any problem with that - I live in Austria, I'm only 1 hour ahead of you guys, so that's cool with me!

Track selection would be the next issue, for that I was thinking we go through the calender as they do in real F1, obviously not Melbourne though as we've done that, but start at Bahrain and work through?

That's actually a great idea. I'm all for that.

Personally, I don't have any problem with that - I live in Austria, I'm only 1 hour ahead of you guys, so that's cool with me!

That's actually a great idea. I'm all for that.

This way, it gives people who are still early in their career more of a chance, like the proposed race yesterday at Silverstone, would have gone really wrong for me as I've never driven it before!

But I'm pretty sure everyone here will have driven at least Bahrain in their career.

I'd be further along than China, but getting Lt. Colnel on Halo and playing FIFA11, restrict my playing time!

In the last race, did you have damage on? Personally, I would be in favour of putting it to full. Drivers are more conservative when damage is enabled, which is always a good thing. If it is Sunday, rather than Saturday, I'm in. Going through an actual season would be fun, but there are some problems that come with that idea. What do you do if someone cannot make it? Does someone take their place? What do you do the following week if both are available but there is no space?

Week 2 of the x360a Online GP is here.

Voting will be public this time around, so we can see who voted for what and accurately count the votes.

There's some things we need to discuss for future events:

- Weekly or bi-weekly?

- Date and time

1. Saturday / 7pm GMT

2. Sunday / 7pm GMT

Do we want to fix a time for the races, for instance every 2nd Saturday at 7pm; or are we going to vote for SAT/SUN each week (or every 2 weeks)?

- Track selection

Are we going to vote for a track each week, or just start with Bahrain (1st race of the season) and work our way through the schedule from there? (thanks to LFC2k6 for this suggestion)

As for time I am now available on the weekends, so I don't mind Saturday or Sunday.

I like the idea of working though the 2010 F1 schedule.

Will you be sending a reminder out like you did last time?

Edited by Crazy BigGaz

In the last race, did you have damage on? Personally, I would be in favour of putting it to full. Drivers are more conservative when damage is enabled, which is always a good thing.

We talked about that before our first race, I had the same opinion as you. During the race though, damage was set to cosmetic. Since everybody was racing fair but still hard, I don't see any reason to set it to full, cosmetic worked perfectly.

Going through an actual season would be fun, but there are some problems that come with that idea. What do you do if someone cannot make it? Does someone take their place? What do you do the following week if both are available but there is no space?

If someone cannot make it, we'll put somebody in that is on the reserve list.

If the regular driver is available the following week, he's in the race.

I think that's the best solution, as we discussed in the last GP thread.

If someone does a second 12-player GP and it works out, we can think about doing a 24-player GP each week, with players of each team being matched up as teammates, but for now I'd leave it to the regular drivers from last week, since everybody that raced last week is absolutely reliable and in it for the long haul.

Im good to race at these times. With regards to track selection, i like the idea of starting with Bahrain and working through the season but we can have one more single race weekend first. Then it might be an idea to start another thread, and you Daenius can put a few posts at the top to ensure enough space, have the first comment detailing the race, players taking part, settings etc (General details) 2nd comment down detailing results of past races, and the last one being the Championship standings. Then maybe we could PM a moderator and get it stickied, once the championship has been finished you could then erase the comments and start again in the same place. When it comes to players taking part, obviously it wouldnt always be the same people, so in the Championship standings comment you could just keep a list of everyones points, whether they have all been in the races or not, EG) a player who came 1st in one race would still be listed as having 25 points in the same list as people who had raced many weekends and had 100+ points.

The only other thing left to organise would be whether there would be 2 races a weekend, with one player representing each team per race, making up the constructors leaderboard. Depends on whether we have enough people.

EDIT: You could actually have two threads to keep it tidy. One for the Championship that covers the stuff above called something like 'X360A World Championship.' Then another as a sign up thread titlled 'X360A World Championship - Driver Sign Up Thead' that way the main thread would not get clogged up with lots of people asking to join etc. It would also make it clearer for people to find out what Groups they were in if we end having Group A & B races and team etc.

Edited by pined5551

Alright, people, a little update for everyone:

We now have 2 threads that will be our go-to threads for the upcoming race and races in the future:

1. X360A World Championship

This thread will be stickied and will serve as a source of information for the participants of each race.

In it are a list of participants, general settings, race information, track information, drivers championship standings, last week's results as well as a peak at every upcoming race. Make sure to check it out before every race.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263904

2. X360A Championship - Driver Sign-Up Thread

This thread will serve as the sign-up for each race. Make sure to let us know if you're able to participate and which day is better for you (Saturday or Sunday).

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263917

Additionally, voting for this week's GP will no longer be considered, since we are now doing the Formula 1 2010 season calendar, beginning with Bahrain this SAT/SUN.

Cheers, d.