post here if you beat COD 3 on veteran

Chris764

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES YES YES JESS!! I DID IT! Took me a month on and off and definitely wasn't as hard or enjoyable as Cod2 but I had a great time with it none the less...Highlight: Watching the germans retreat as I completed the game.

P.s - The main 2 bits I got stuck on were crossing the road (which was ok after I'd figured out a route and where to throw smokes) and the 3 flak guns on the next level but determination and perseverance got me through.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, in WW1 and WW2, Canadians were the best fighters despite having worse weapons, navy, planes, shovels with holes in them, etc.

We always were there from the beginning (unlike a certain somebody), fought harder battles, scared the Germans the most.

And yet, noone seemed to notice.

Even in this game, the Canadian missions were harder and yet you get 10 gs for the achievement, while all the other countries get 15 or 20.

Also, in one of the Polish missions, they say something like "So we're going in by ourselves?" "No, the Canadians are behind us." "Ha, so we're by ourselves then."

...Ignorant pricks.

Oh and yeah, I beat Veteran quite a while ago and ended up getting the 1000.

I had never played another COD game, I just rented it, stuck it in, selected Veteran... :D

It was pretty damn hard, but what bothered me was that it wasn't hard as much as it was unfair.

You get shot more when you're behind a solid wall than when you're in the open.

You can't kill your enemies.

You kill them, but they just come back so why bother shooting them?

What kind of shooting game doesn't let you kill your friggin' enemies?

Yep, in WW1 and WW2, Canadians were the best fighters despite having worse weapons, navy, planes, shovels with holes in them, etc.

We always were there from the beginning (unlike a certain somebody), fought harder battles, scared the Germans the most.

Ugh, yeah right dude. You made the difference in winning and losing in WW2. That credit goes to the USA and Russia. The germans were so terrified of the canadians they called them"teufelhunden".....Wait...did I say canadians? sorry, meant USMC. sorry to kill your argument.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished veteran today. I probably spent 4 hours on the last 2 or 3 checkpoints. After giving up, I came back the next day, and the non playable characters played different. They seemed smarter and more aggressive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Patience! (As for all veteran difficulties of Call of Duty games)

Fellow soldiers got in my way a lot. I couldn't find cover sometimes because they were in my way.

I got this game free with Call of Duty 4 at Circuit City and the computer rung up the price wrong and I got both 3 & 4 for only $30.

I was so stoked I had to tell someone.

I did, but the achievement is glitched. You can't play by chapter at all. You have to start a game on Veteran and keep using the continue option, never deviating. I did the 1st 2 missions, went and did some achievements, then started on Veteran again on the 3rd and didn't get the achievement when I beat it.

This happened a couple weeks ago, I'm still pissed. I don't know if I'll ever go back and do it again to get the achievement to unlock. It was the most frustrating experience of my life.

I agree it was harder than CoD2, a lot less fun, a lot more annoying, a lot more glitched. I deffinitly wont be buying CoD5 since Treyarch is making that one too.

• 2 months later...

Just done this on Vet,but be warned this game may test your patience to the limit because of:-

Dodgy AI/getting shot through walls

Enemies you can't kill

Checkpoints too spread out at some points (Forest/Flak)

Hardest points for me were furnace/forest and mace.

I'm right near the end of beating it on veteran...I've been on a veteran run, beat COD4 veteran after leaving single player alone for pure multiplayer, and finished COD2 from about the middle of the game onwards. This game definitely wasn't as frustrating as the other 2, though there are some parts that are a pain in the ass, like the big wide open forests that have checkpoints so damn far apart.