Just got an IF Bale!!

khartoun

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0fLEW_zUY]FIFA 12: Getting an IF (In-Form) Gareth Bale!!! - YouTube[/ame]

opened 3 jumbo packs before this and the best I got was a De Rossi, just knowing it was gonna be one of those days, open a premium gold pack, see the achievement pop and see an IF bale! At first I thought he was only like 50k, but a quick search found that he goes for A LOT more..!

I've been spending loads of ingame cash (I never use real money, that's ridiculous) on packs just to try and get the secret achievement, and finally after what must be nearly 200 packs I finally landed an IF player last night :woop:

It was in a gold premium pack. The achievement popped before the cards were actually shown so there were a few seconds of relief, excitement and anticipation as I wondered which one it would be. Naturally I was hoping for a Van Persie, a Neymar, a Bale etc but typical of my luck it was the CAM from Bologna who's barely worth any more than his discard value! Never mind, this achievement is out of the way and I can now stop buying packs which are generally a complete waste of coins, and start to save up for the real quality players.

If you pause the video somewhere between 13 and 14secs the word 'Bale' pops up very quickly so this must bear some significance to what you get in the pack. I never paid it much attention myself (partly because it is so quick). That and opening bronze packs isn't that exciting in truth.

Congrats on getting it anyway, I'm dreading doing this myself. I've put it off for the time being until I have the growing club cheevo.

Naturally I was hoping for a Van Persie, a Neymar, a Bale etc but typical of my luck it was the CAM from Bologna who's barely worth any more than his discard value!

Just getting an IF is luck in itself. Some will never get this achievement (granted many of those will not buy 200 packs though).

Edited by Wembley66

If you pause the video somewhere between 13 and 14secs the word 'Bale' pops up very quickly so this must bear some significance to what you get in the pack.

Every pack you open a players name pops up as the cards line up next to each other. Its the name of the best rated player in that pack and happens regardless of wheter you get an IF or if you open bronze, silver etc

Every pack you open a players name pops up as the cards line up next to each other. Its the name of the best rated player in that pack and happens regardless of wheter you get an IF or if you open bronze, silver etc

Very true, I always look away when its about to come up...its a horrible feeling when you save up 7,500 coins to see Karliochekov or some other unrecognisable name :(

I'm getting so fuckin annoyed by this bullshit. I've opened several hundreds of gold packs and still no fucking IF-player. I got players like Ribery, Silva, Fabregas and Neymar out of them (which is ok I guess), sold them all, opened countless more gold packs - NOTHING! It's ridiculous. I'm online with the Web App basically all the time I'm at home, trying to trade, but after getting the Growing Club Chievo today I'm losing my interest in UT ...

I'd really like to meet that (/&()& who came up with the idea for that Achievement.

Edited by Schreckofant

The main problem is that, statistically, it is easily possible, that people like me will NEVER get the Achievement, even if they open a million packs. It's not like the super small percentage adds up after opening lots of packs, the chances always stay the same, so we could be opening packs forever, without getting the Achievo.

You might even call the Achievement unobtainable for some people, complete bullshit by EA, f* them.

PS: opened 5 more packs today ... not even surprised.

I'm getting so fuckin annoyed by this bullshit. I've opened several hundreds of gold packs and still no fucking IF-player. I got players like Ribery, Silva, Fabregas and Neymar out of them (which is ok I guess), sold them all, opened countless more gold packs - NOTHING! It's ridiculous. I'm online with the Web App basically all the time I'm at home, trying to trade, but after getting the Growing Club Chievo today I'm losing my interest in UT ...

I'd really like to meet that (/&()& who came up with the idea for that Achievement.

Are you just trading on the web app, or buying packs on it in the hope you get an IF?

Because if your doing the latter, dont. I heard that to get the cheevo, you had to open the pack on your console.

Just thought id say incase you got an IF and were expecting to get the cheevo the next time you went on UT (on your 360)

Are you just trading on the web app, or buying packs on it in the hope you get an IF?

Because if your doing the latter, dont. I heard that to get the cheevo, you had to open the pack on your console.

Just thought id say incase you got an IF and were expecting to get the cheevo the next time you went on UT (on your 360)

No, I'm getting the Packs on the xbox. But I've kinda given up my hopes on getting this Achievement ;) The game is not so great that I'll waste 200 hours because of an 20 Pointer.

This is pure exploitation by microsoft/ea. putting in an achievement where u have to use msp or coins to get it.

Total crap, and I can see more achievements in future based this way which will just drive gamers away.

I myself have got 3 informs so far, 2 using msp and 1 from coins. I buy jumbo golds and nowt else, more of a chance with 7 rares in there.

But several friends have spent 1000s with no such luck. I guess if your a completionist this could prove very expensive!

There's no need to spend msp, I have this achievement just by spending coins, and to be honest I haven't spent that many.

I hate comments like this. People have a shitload of luck with something and start crawling out with comments, basically telling the other people how easy that crap is and that they should stop complaining about it.

Let me tell you that I spent around 3000 MS-Coins for around 25 € + 600.000++ ingame coins on goldpacks and I still don't have the Achievement.

Obviously you don't need to spend any money (and that's what they'd say if there ever were complaints against EA), but getting it without money is almost impossible if you are NOT lucky.