Gobstones...Help!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try over and over and over.

Talk to anyone on my list who's played HP after I beat it and they'll tell you my hate for traditional gobstones.

The thing I did do every watch was since you shoot first, turn your camera and blast your marble outta bounds. Then she'll break them up and you can move your ball around the edge for an easy shot.

On an ending note, fuck that mini game. I was literally as happy when I beat her as I was when I finished Rainbow Six on realistic.

Yeah, I loved the game in general. But that mini-game made me want to stab Harry in the throat with a rusty fork.

EDIT: Wow, what a lame childhood, Creech.

LOL! No electricity does wierd things to your mind...I actually thought that was fun at the time. :p

You should read my thread in the member profiles, lots of cool trivia about me. :)

For the traditional gobstones, my suggestion is you aim the ball to the outside of the ring, just dont hit any stones. then they have a go and hit the ring, none of the gobstones will go out. that is your chance to win, hit them out one by one. if you get a chance to hit two, go for it.

One step better of just firing the gobstone out and letting them break it: try to just barely tap the ring with the gobstone. That way they'll still break them, but you'll be in the middle of the circle with angles to several possible gobstones you can knock out. After I started doing this I never lost.

this is exactly what I did, I hit one and made it so my marble was inside the circle, then she had to break them and then you can get like 2 lead on her almost every time, so easy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I got a quick question seeing has how I just started playing the gobstone mini games. Do I have to beat each person three times in a row, or just three times? I seriously can't do it in a row.

Just three times...doesn't have to be in a row...Except for the Champion...I think...I can't remember very well...don't quote me on that part...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

man i dont get it. i beat the traditional gobstone champion 4 times!!! and thr ach. still didnt unlock!! says 3/4 gobstone players beaten,so why didnt it unlock? granted i didnt beat him 3 times in a "row" i beat him 2 times in a row one time. but i beat him 4 times in total!! i thought u didnt have to do it in a row,but just a total of 3 wins? can anyone help me here? itz the only achieve i need for the full 1k,but i cant take this gobstone crap anymore. its driving me nuts.i just want to return the game to gamefly already.:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gobstones really are not that bad. The key is to play the other two champions first and get the hang of the speed and physics behind the balls first, and then take on the Traditional Champion. From there, you should shoot the ball out right away and then let the computer go. One thing that I found that could help is to let the computer hit their ball into the middle and restart if they do not hit their ball out of the circle. If you let them play until they hit their ball out of the circle, you can usually go up 2-0 before they get a point and then it is just play smart and screw up one if you need to.

Also, the power does not matter on the flick up, just on the pull down. Pull down a millimeter and flick all the way forward and it moves just a little. Pull all the way back and push up just a little, it will span the entire circle.

After you beat each of the champions, go to the paved courtyard and then you just need to beat the person that is in the corner by the gobstones court. Hope this helps to anyone looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...