Halo: Reach DLC Achievement Guide

Xplozion27

I give up with this DLC. Have gotten shotgun double kills quite a few times in the map modes suggested, have gotten armor vehicle kills 3 times and nothing. Can anybody explain if you need to actually play the matchmaking on the DLC option or any competitive/cooperative/etc game modes?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ It has to be in competitive matchmaking, tovarich.

I just need the Chip Eating achievement. Even while boosting I'm dreading it, thinking of how long we'll have to wait for it to just become available to vote for.

Thanks for the feedback. So it doesnt actually have to take place on ANY of the DLC related maps? It can happen on any maps as long as its competitive matchmaking?

Looks like you have to play a DLC map. I can remember that I got that achievement on Anchor 9, Slayer match I guess.

Incorrect. I got the Double Barreled achievement playing Infection/Zombies on one of the original maps.

I have to ask, do you have the Noble Map Pack purchased/downloaded?? I haven't experienced any glitching of these achievements since i've tried. Getting the 'Double kill from the grave' was a pain in the ass though. As I twice got a double kill when I died, but they never considered the kills from the grave. 3rd time was a charm though.

Confirming you don't have to play DLC maps. I got Double Barreled on Invasion Boneyard, and Totally Worth It on Multi Team KotH on Boardwalk. I actually got that one the first time I tried. First to the hill, waited until my health was low and tossed the grenade at my feet.

Now all I've got to do is You Ate All The Chips, which would be fine if I could find a bloody game with Stockpile in it. I've heard it's in SWAT but it never comes up for me.

Incorrect. I got the Double Barreled achievement playing Infection/Zombies on one of the original maps.

I have to ask, do you have the Noble Map Pack purchased/downloaded?? I haven't experienced any glitching of these achievements since i've tried. Getting the 'Double kill from the grave' was a pain in the ass though. As I twice got a double kill when I died, but they never considered the kills from the grave. 3rd time was a charm though.

Initially I had the Noble map pack, but when I loaded the game up I got a notice to also get the Defiant map pack which I did download. I had to recover my gamertag because the game wasnt displaying the full 1400 points on Sunday. Played the days after that and nothing related to both the DLC items is working.

So I have a question for everyone. I downloaded the Noble map pack and my game worked fine. I finally downloaded the Defiant Map pack and now I can't play on the new levels. (It says I don't have the DLC content, which I have both). Do I need to delete both files and start over or should I try and get the achievements on other levels (if possible). Please someone let me know if you have the answer.

GT - todgill12

They should say the Cross Mapping has to be in slayer, i tried and tried, should had it a couple times in CTF and nothing, i was really getting pissed off trying from farter and farter... until i got a slayer and had it pretty easily...

Got double barrel, blowing out a vehicule also pretty easily in there mode. But i never played the stockpile type of game, i don't even know what it is, and i really don't feel like waiting a bunch of game to actually have a CHANCE at getting it. I don't usually boost, can't say i like it, but for this... if its the only thing that could stop me from having a completed game, then ill do it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I get these achievements without the DLC downloaded? No you cannot.

Interestingly, this is no longer the case. I unlocked "Totally Worth It" and "Both Barrels" today and I haven't downloaded any Halo DLC for Reach ever! I was 10G away from the original 1000G when it unlocked, I was going for the Lt. Colonel rank. Looks like I'll have to do the DLC now since my pretty 1000 has been ruined. :/

Interestingly, this is no longer the case. I unlocked "Totally Worth It" and "Both Barrels" today and I haven't downloaded any Halo DLC for Reach ever! I was 10G away from the original 1000G when it unlocked, I was going for the Lt. Colonel rank. Looks like I'll have to do the DLC now since my pretty 1000 has been ruined. :/

Then probably someone came to your house perhaps, brought his GT with him/her en downloaded the DLC on your xbox?

Either way, if you have the DLC on your xbox, even it isn't yours, you still earn achievements for it.

Then probably someone came to your house perhaps, brought his GT with him/her en downloaded the DLC on your xbox?

Either way, if you have the DLC on your xbox, even it isn't yours, you still earn achievements for it.

No, I live alone and dont affiliate with anybody who has an Xbox or GT for that matter. I just relocated in fact. The DLC achievements unlocking without the DLC is happening to many people.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960512-halo-reach/60442396

same here just unlock the both barrels today. now i want to know if all can be unlocked.

From my understanding any achievements that don't require you to be on a specific map are obtainable without the DLC packs being downloaded.

Obtainable

Both Barrels

Cross Mappin'

Offensive Driver

Poppin' and Lockin'

Totally Worth It

Crackin' Skulls

Obtainable?

You Ate All the Chips

You Blew It Up!

Candy From a Baby

Return To Sender

Not sure if you can play stockpile without the DLC....

• 2 weeks later...
can you get some of these without purchasing the map pack?

no you can perform them wat is needed for the cheev but wont recieve it unless u hav the map packs d-loaded. also it is not necessary to play on dlc maps to get the cheevs