Was I the only one who enjoyed the campaign?

Ayx

I'm not sure who purchases the game for full retail price knowing that since Modern Warfare 2 the campaigns have been shorter than their previous installments. People complain about it being too short, which although I can admit it only took me two days on and off on Veteran to finish it I actually liked the change they did. People always complain about change yet when they finally get something different people find it "unnecessary" and "should have stuck to what used to work".

I actually thought Black Ops II had a decent storyline, although it was somewhat generic that's what every military based FPS game has had in a while. I liked Menendez's personality and motives even though he was a lunatic, he was driven by rage. The fact that the game had actual branches which added a bit of replay value for a normal run of the mill and it's over playthrough. The diversity of locations was also a good touch, especially the details in the hotel although the engine is obviously a bit dated, they pushed it to the limit here and you can see that pretty well. The game is not hard at all, making Veteran a breeze and a welcome challenge instead of the cheap stuff they pulled off in the earlier Call of Duty games.

Strike Force missions were actually a welcome change, it was actually fun to play in Tactical View then being able to change. It was like a really, really basic RTS so it kept things different instead of shooting which you can actually choose to shoot if you want to. Some people said they were stupid, but they're not even required to go through the story unless you want different endings. Honestly, most people buy the game for Multiplayer and Zombies so the campaign doesn't get stale enough to wanting to finish it ASAP but long enough to keep you on the edge of your set for a few hours.

Was I the only one who thought the campaign was actually good?

It was okay, but I didn't think it was anything special. :p The OST was pretty good though, since it had a variety of music.

(Also what with all the random cussing? I swear Briggs says "cocksucker" more times than I have meals each day. O_o Sounds more vulgar than intimidating or funny to me, almost Bulletstorm-ish.)

The campaign in Black Ops 2 was probably the best campaign in the history of Call of Duty. I also think it's better than then multiplayer.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1ybyM2QD1rk1j3vo1_400.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mczjxu3KC41rio8k8o1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmcp8moyY1rjmvgbo1_250.gif

Personally I never thought people bought the game at retail price for the campaign alone. I've always understood with CoD that the campaigns are short but the MP makes up for it. Not had a chance to complete the campaign yet but it did seem okay from the first two missions. Pretty generic CoD SP though.

CoD is a multiplayer game. The SP is just something 'else' to do, its never had that much depth IMO.

I quite enjoyed it. A little bit far fetched with regards to Menendez's motives, but it was for the most part enjoyable. Strike Force missions were garbage though.

COD 4 and COD 2 I would say were the best with regard to single player story, though I did enjoy WAW as well. But yeah, I would say this is the best story since COD 4, and was miles ahead of MW3.

CoD is a multiplayer game. The SP is just something 'else' to do, its never had that much depth IMO.

I played CoD 6 as my first FPS campaign on 360... and i played it over... and over... and over... it was fucking amazing. I then wen't on to play halo 3's campaign and was bored as fuck...

OT: I enjoyed the campaign, didn't like the bits in the past but the future and strike force missions were fun on vet :D

This is the exact opposite of the reality lmao. Just like every video game (excluding sports games) The Campaign is what makes the game new. Every Call of duty since Cod4 has had literally the same multiplayer with new maps, perks, killstreaks, and loadouts.

Buying games for only the multiplayer is like buying a new car to use the trunk for storage.

So really quite different and unique then?

Yes and no... I mean I like playing MP. But after a while it's kinda stale even with new guns and maps. Black ops 1 & 2 are the most different in comparison IMO. But then again black ops 2 and mw3... not so different. I was really hoping for a treyarch feel this year, but this game sort of feels like they secretly let infinity ward make it.

Yes and no... I mean I like playing MP. But after a while it's kinda stale even with new guns and maps. Black ops 1 & 2 are the most different in comparison IMO. But then again black ops 2 and mw3... not so different. I was really hoping for a treyarch feel this year, but this game sort of feels like they secretly let infinity ward make it.

I agree. I usually play quite hardcore the first month then drop off. But at least for 1 month I really enjoy it, after that I will probably just pick up a new game and have my way with that. Theres no longevity with games for me anymore.

Apart from maybe Halo Wars and BF3, I still love those games. Oh, and FIFA, I play that all year round.

Contrary to popular belief, I have actually played all Cod games. I think I like Black Ops better than this one. But the realism factor to BO2 is really neat. How all of this could actually happen and the technology in the future is more realistic than most other futuristic science fiction.

I'd say my order is BO, WaW/BO2, Cod4, MW2, Cod3, MW3, Cod2, and the first CoD. Story wise that is. Multiplayer would be different.

Edited by StayonTarget