Right, so we had one of these a month or so back called the "random talk thread". Basically, you could come in and say whatever you felt like. Any random thing, talk about your day...talk about whatever. (I can't offer you internet cookies but if you read the quote...you're kinda cool in my book)

Death of a nice thing...(and why we can 't have them).

Unfortunately, like with most threads of that nature, things got...iffy. Negative discussions turned up (some spewing over from other boards..)...and in light of a recent tragedy, caused some issues that forced the mods to lock it. I believe in the first page there was even a warning by one to let it stay but they'd keep an eye on it. It had a good run, maybe a month's worth...

What TV wants to happen

Now, this is an attempt to create something similar (and I may honestly be the only one that cares about it) HOWEVER...without the bad aspects of the last thread. It's difficult, I know. And it very likely may go down the same path but...I want to try and at least make it work. If things get out of hand again, very well mods can destroy the thing and that'll be the end of it. No more attempts.

Won't know without trying...so, the premise of this thread is to just have a place where you can put some random thought to the public and clear your head a little. Me, I often have thoughts that I like to share...not even sure if anyone reads them but it clears my mind a little to know it's out there. My problem is that most of my random thoughts led to me creating various threads in GOT in the past that get some attention but fade into obscurity. Basically...to create an ongoing discussion on a similar topic to what my thought was but has some relevance to BE a topic.

What the thread is...

So...this isn't a rant thread, a "venting" thread (though I do enjoy those) or something to invite discussions on "naughty subjects" according to the rules. None of that...just a place to kick back, relax and say whatever you feel like with good buds. Ya know, chilling. Hanging out...

Alright, that out of the way (if you read this much I commend you, how many of you actually read the entirety of my posts?)...to some thoughts. One: I find myself collecting things almost based on an impulse...just bought some RE stuff recently (and any who tunes into the Post your Gaming Collection thread knows I love RE) and...I felt bad about it. Actually, it's not the first time...an auction was up for some PAL gamecube games...ending up spending an alright of money but I still feel this nudging feeling in my gut. I suppose a lot of my reason to collect is to have something to show off...for people to gander at, go "ooo" and "aaww". I like the praise...but, there's also this strange inferiority complex that comes with it. Maybe it's some sort of jealousy to the big big collections I see ;>_> but...I question "should I even bother continue collecting?" often. More on that later...

The other thing is: why do I always "itch" if I'm pissed off? I mean, if I get angry or frustrated (especially when playing a game) parts of my body itch and I often end up scratching violently due to this. Unfortunately, some bad places tend to itch and...this may sound gross but really I'm wondering why this is? I keep dying on this level right and...I want to just get the damn thing done but it's proving to be absolutely heinously evil. I'm itching like crazy and I scratch it, it ends for a second and pops up again! Or elsewhere! Why do I itch?

Right, so...success or failure? I don't care, I tried for a new thread. Let's see where this goes. Remember: keep it clean, people don't like for you to come into their living room to chat and dragging your muddy feet across the carpet, punching the guy next to you and professing how you hate something while spitting on everyone else in the room.

Edited by TVthePunisher

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirty130

• xhunterrrr

• BiggD

• TVthePunisher

Why don't I mind the smell of my farts, but other people do and visa versa...

Reminded me of fat b*stard from Austin Powers, but it's true.

So my thought of the day.. So I've been in full time employment since 8th June 2012 and 11 months later today they finally bothered to make me sign a contract with a really silly reasoning excuse as for why so long but it bothers me because I was happier before knowing I could just walk out if I wanted to without giving notice but now if I wanted to I would have to give 4 weeks notice *sadface*

Also I'm quite enjoying listening to this Euphoric Clubland album and I'm not really too keen on that type of music usually but there are a few classics. :)

im here to chill and not capitalize or punctuate my sentences

piece

Can't grammar nazi buds =P take that, turned a noun into a verb!

There's always this warning to not use Q-tips in your ears, right? But I've come to wonder two things: how the hell else do you dry the interior of your ears after a shower (if say you get water in them) and is earwax actually important?

I tend to wash my ears in the shower, gets...greasy around the earlobe. So water naturally enters the canal...and I use a q-tip (carefully) to help dry up any water inside. I also use q-tips to scratch the interior of the ear if it itches...never hurting myself (though I have been stupid in the past and have hurt myself ;_;). That said, I don't have a lot of earwax...is it actually important? Or should I let some build up...because I certainly haven't.

My problem is if I leave water in there, I most likely will receive either an ear infection or a painful sensation the rest of the day because I didn't bother to dry the water.

Can't grammar nazi buds =P take that, turned a noun into a verb!

There's always this warning to not use Q-tips in your ears, right? But I've come to wonder two things: how the hell else do you dry the interior of your ears after a shower (if say you get water in them) and is earwax actually important?

I tend to wash my ears in the shower, gets...greasy around the earlobe. So water naturally enters the canal...and I use a q-tip (carefully) to help dry up any water inside. I also use q-tips to scratch the interior of the ear if it itches...never hurting myself (though I have been stupid in the past and have hurt myself ;_;). That said, I don't have a lot of earwax...is it actually important? Or should I let some build up...because I certainly haven't.

My problem is if I leave water in there, I most likely will receive either an ear infection or a painful sensation the rest of the day because I didn't bother to dry the water.

man i qtip the hell outta my ear holes. it feels weird to leave water in there and also i dont wanna have wax in there at all since its gross

man i qtip the hell outta my ear holes. it feels weird to leave water in there and also i dont wanna have wax in there at all since its gross

The other day I sat down with my laptop and put my earphones in. Into my ears. It was weird, I had a shower the day before, and when I put the right ear thingy in I felt water moving around, I was actually quite scared at the time, thought something had crawled into it. I have a massive fear of stuff crawling into my ears.

You know I once read about a cockroach crawling into some kids ear? urgh, fuck that.

The other day I sat down with my laptop and put my earphones in. Into my ears. It was weird, I had a shower the day before, and when I put the right ear thingy in I felt water moving around, I was actually quite scared at the time, thought something had crawled into it. I have a massive fear of stuff crawling into my ears.

You know I once read about a cockroach crawling into some kids ear? urgh, fuck that.

Earwigs for me man. I hate looking up Earwigs and people are like "lol they're not even likely to crawl in your ear-" THEN WHY CALL THEM EARWIGS?! Call them mutated ants with another ant's head attached to their ass, cause that's what I used to think they were!

Earwigs for me man. I hate looking up Earwigs and people are like "lol they're not even likely to crawl in your ear-" THEN WHY CALL THEM EARWIGS?! Call them mutated ants with another ant's head attached to their ass, cause that's what I used to think they were!

I hate bugs and this got me curious so I googled them. Those things freak me out (not as much a cockroaches but still), in my language a rough translation for them would be "ear bugs".

Come to think of it, what about the urban legend of spiders crawling in your mouth while sleeping? Truth or hoax?

I find myself loving instrumentals, sometimes more than the original music with the lyrics. Listened to Ten Thousand Fists (full album) instrumental...some fantastic stuff. There are some bands out there (not saying Disturbed) that need to be instrumental only...their guys can play but their singers? Horrible.

I find myself loving instrumentals, sometimes more than the original music with the lyrics. Listened to Ten Thousand Fists (full album) instrumental...some fantastic stuff. There are some bands out there (not saying Disturbed) that need to be instrumental only...their guys can play but their singers? Horrible.

That is exactly why I listen to mostly IDM. There are very few bands left that can hold my attention with lyrics. Speaking of this, there are some amazing death metal bands out there with lyrics on par with the likes of James Maynard, but you'd never know because you can't understand a word they're saying. I don't get it.

I hate bugs and this got me curious so I googled them. Those things freak me out (not as much a cockroaches but still), in my language a rough translation for them would be "ear bugs".

Earwigs may or may not depending on the genus and geography. Earwigs we have here in Ontario, nope, they're harmless but still fucking evil creepy. African earwigs will get in there and fuck you up bad, so if ever on safari watch out.

Bugs are creepy but don't freak my out too bad, but earwigs are an exception, those horns sticking out of their abdomens.... yeesh. Had millions of them on the farm growing up and never stopped making me squeamish, I could deal with anything in that mess but those things. Creepy little fucks. I love spiders for controlling them and mosquito populations. Spiders and preying mantises are our friends, eating those little bastards.

This thread has gone 20 posts without a mention of Pokemon. I see a problem.

No problem to be found. We have too many Pokemon things going on in the Picture thread as it is, good place to get your pocket monster fix. :p

I just drank my coffee wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too fast.

Instrumentals: yah, I dig orchestra, but not opera. And some music simply doesn't need a voice.