Do you ever delete stuff off your HDD?

SilvereX

It's inevitable for me, my HDD is 20 GB, and the USB device doesn't go further than the max limit either.

It's all right though, I usually play one game at the time.

Lol, damn, 20 GB? My Flash drive is bigger than that!

I have a 250GB HDD atm and even when i had smaller HDD, i never deleted anything, except a few installed games and DLCs that needed to be re downloaded.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remove all demo & trial games that I have no intention of getting the full versions of but I keep them as a reminder if I do want the full version at some point, other than that I avoid deleting anything. I have a 250GB HDD and around 110GB free, plenty of space to play with.

Videos and demos get deleted once watched/played generally. Any installed games will be deleted once completed/1k'ed in most cases, unless I think I'm gonna play it again (online or helping people boost), but I sell most of the games I 1k, so they get deleted mostly. Basically, anything that is useful or I have paid for will stay, anything that isn't useful will go.

I have the 250GB HDD as well, so thankfully for the moment it's not too big an issue.

I do however always delete demos once I've had a good going over on them, plus games I've installed to the HDD.

I have this thing for keeping all save games just in case a sequel is released with the ability to upload the previous games save file. Maybe that's just me though =P

I got one of the new 250gb Kinect Xbox but even with the space I am pretty judicious about it. I really only keep Arcade games and installed games on there. I do like to pre-install a multi disc game so I don't have to worry about my laser. I play Demos a couple times before I delete them usually, but I don't have any movies or music on my Xbox so its still around 170gb or so.

I delete stuff off my HDD all the time. Since I have the Slim, I save all my games I get to my HDD so they run smooth and stuff. After I beat the games and finish the achievements off, I delete all of the stuff off my HDD so I have room for some more games.

I have to delete a bunch of stuff in order to make room for new games. My poor 20GB hard drive can't handle too much. So usually I delete my saves/DLC for a game when I know I'll never play it again (which really means when I trade them in or the sequel comes out and it's far better than the predecessor).

I delete demos if they are crap or I buy the full game, or if I just don't think I'll play them again.

I delete installed games if I don't plan on playing them in the near future.

Pretty much everything else stays unless I get REALLY short on space then I'll start deleting videos. Doesn't happen that often, there is normally an installed game I can delete if I need to.

250GB hard drive means I don't need to delete much, but if I know I'm done with a game for a while I'll delete the installs. Unless I had trouble getting them to install in the first place, which so far has only happened twice - Final Fantasy XIII, which I bought new but refused to install for some reason [ended up getting the local library's copy to install from] and BlazBlue, which wasn't in great shape when I bought it and took several tries at cleaning before it would work. Demos I'll delete after I'm done with them, mostly, though I've kept Duke Nukem Forever's around even though I hated it entirely.

Edited by Erunion

I only have the 60GB drive, the only thing I delete are arcade games I don't play anymore and DLC for games I no longer own. But I keep the game saves as more and more sequels are reading those for various reasons. And they don't take up much space anyway.

If I ever for some unforeseen reason re-acquire the games I'll just re-download the DLC.

I was gonna reply and say no since I wouldn't wanna delete anything I once paid for, but I Googled it and found out that once you pay for something you can delete it and reinstall it later if you want without having to pay for it again. I definitely wasn't aware of that. So, my answer is now changing to yes. I'm going off on a deleting spree, weeeee!