Why can't I kill children?

FurryMohkis

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Furry.... not sure if you missed it or don't wanna tell. If you don't want....nvm.

But i'm realy curious what that in your sig means xD

Not trying to stalk you but i even googled it -.-

That's some quote o common Phrase ?

Neither. It's my signature and what I say. :Bounce:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=376

There you are, "Killable Children V1-2".

It is for the PC version, but you can still kill the kids with it.

As for teaching kids that they are immortal and all that, are you stupid?

It's rated 18, anybody playing that will realise they aren't immortal. (I'm meaning from about age 10/11 and above).

(Haha, I remember you're rant about slutty clothes aswell. Don't look about the rest of the adult mods on that site, (yeah, Killable Children is counted as adult), then. You might go into some kind of overload. (Same with the tesnexus).) :p:biglaugh

Teaching kids that they are immortal is not a good lesson. Teaching them of moral values and treating women with respect is. (I can't believe I actually mentioned moral values in topic like this... ) There's a world of difference in the two things, I think you're just trying to bring up old grudges by bringing that one up. Considering I was talking about gameplay, I have no idea how you are comparing immortal kids to girls in slutty clothes. :drunk

I'd forgotten how blinkered your view on your own opinion is. If your argument for killing kids in a game is that it's just digital graphics, surely the same is said for 'girls in slutty clothes'?

Obviously not though, as that'd be stupid. ;)

Anyway, I've agreed on this particular viewpoint, and I don't see any point in banging my head against the wall with regards to an old argument, so I bid you adieu.

I don't mind the absence of children in video games, because the very thought of a child makes me cringe... but the fact that I cannot keep a kid from telling the world I've done wrong, and prevent me from getting killed because of it, pisses me off, as well.

Like you said, women, animals, and the elderly seem to be expendable, why do these little brats get out of it?

The world is way too censored, and it needs to realize that. It's just plain stupid. Everyone needs to stop getting offended over the most trivial things.

(This is coming from a fourteen year-old, by the way.)

Yes, we should be able to kill children, rape women, gas jews and whatnot.

/Face-fucking-palm

It's uptight people like you I'm talking about. It's happened, you can't alter the past. Why try to hide it?

I'm proud that Infinity Ward didn't bullshit their way through MW2. They put a level in where a whole airport was attacked. It's how war and the world works, and it's what people need to know.

Censorship is a liability, because how are we going to know what the eff to do when shit like this happens to us?

I agree, it would be messed up if we were able to rape in video games, and it is messed up that we can kill, but everyone loses their innocence at one point in their life.

(I'm not suggesting that we allow rape in video games, I'm just expressing my distaste for how sheltered we try to keep our lives.)

Edited by Mollusk

You know very well why you can't kill children in video games.

In this "MacDonald's Generation" we're too used to getting what we want when we want it.

Credit cards, Bank Loans, Mortgages and Car Finance.

Fast Food, Games on Demand, Super Fast Internet.

We're used to getting our way right away. In fact, we've come to expect it.

Just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should do something, but for many teenagers and immature adults, as soon as they're told they "can't" do something, then it becomes something they "have" to do.

"Dante's Inferno".

Go kill all the kids you want to.

Az

Yeah, a city with no children or a city with invincible children is so much less realistic than being able to get shot numerous times then eat a hamburger or grab a green box and be fine. Or stabbed a bunch and then wait and heal up in a half minute. No kids around is nothing like carrying numerous pistols, rifles, shotguns, knives and ammo for them all at the same time, or being able to skin a bear in 10 seconds. Why, coming back to life or fixing a tank with a wrench while it's moving? Nothing compared to kids you can't hurt. :)

There's a suspension of disbelief here, and practical real-world matters to contend with. There's just some things that certain people (both making and buying the games) think go too far. These things do have to sell after all.

No, I don't much like it, but no I'm not much surprised. The editing of songs in music games and the rule they have to be T is good proof of all this kind of thing. Even in the context of Teen; for example, go see how they censored the words in Freak on a Leash or Two Minutes to Midnight.

It's a taboo, man!

Edited by SFAL

Because I don't want the ability to shoot the legs of a child and watch them bleed out... Games get enough bad press for violence. Being able to kill kids would be awful for the industry. And it's a fight that we wouldn't win this time.

More to the point; who would want to be able to kill children? No one wants it, so game developers won't spend time and money giving players the ability to stab children in the eye with a knife. Not even RockStar.

Just like in the real world, the thought of killing a child is something 99% of the world can't comprehend. It goes against human nature. So why should games be any different? Gamer developers are normal human beings, and for normal human beings, it doesn't even enter their minds.

I still honestly don't see what's so bad about killing children in a video game. If we're allowed to kill everything mentioned earlier (elderly, religious, handicapped etc.), as cold-hearted as I might sound, there shouldn't be anything wrong with killing a kid. It's just another person...

It's a shame Bethesda and Obsidian said they're never bringing it back. It would add to the realism.

Edited by Pixo

Of course video games have a bad rap, people are too uptight.

They try to find each and every way to blame video games for violence. Although violence has been present since... hmm... life began?

Sure, people are killed by the influence of video games, but what about alcohol, society, culture, war, and intolerance?

There are a lot more reasons for violence, that's not even a quarter of a quarter of a quarter of a quarter of them. x D

Because I don't want the ability to shoot the legs of a child and watch them bleed out... Games get enough bad press for violence. Being able to kill kids would be awful for the industry. And it's a fight that we wouldn't win this time.

More to the point; who would want to be able to kill children? No one wants it, so game developers won't spend time and money giving players the ability to stab children in the eye with a knife. Not even RockStar.

Just like in the real world, the thought of killing a child is something 99% of the world can't comprehend. It goes against human nature. So why should games be any different? Gamer developers are normal human beings, and for normal human beings, it doesn't even enter their minds.

I beg to differ on the "99% of the world can't comprehend" part. Millions upon millions are murdered or pass away every day. Ever hear of Africa? Even America. Gang violence, etc.

Human nature is eradicating anything we don't understand. Don't give me that "not normal for human beings" bullshit.

The Crusaders (religious), terrorists, mentally unstable people, and anything like that would kill you, no matter who you were.

Edited by Mollusk

I still honestly don't see what's so bad about killing children...

I realy start to think we should have this thread closed, before we have to see more of this BS.... no matter what follows upon .....

Stop making Gamers look even more deadned as the most already are god damnit

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&client=firefox-a&hs=Ant&rls=org.mozilla%3Ade%3Aofficial&channel=s&q=can%27t+kill+children&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

It's a shame Bethesda and Obsidian said they're never bringing it back. It would add to the realism.

For all of you crying for realism... i feel the need to quote myself ^^

They want a realistic game experience? How bout they add Kids to GTA and a more realistic law system.

Let's say you get caught with some drugs, or keep driving drunken or other minor things. You get some restrictions like 24h no mini-games or you're not allowed to leave your House for a while.

Then raise that up to killing people wich nets you some days outtime from the game, or killing childern for the green mile.....have some nice last hours in game, maybe a last mini-game or pole dance show.

Then bye bye savegame....and don't friggin complain!

You wanted a sim....be happy you're allowed to start over !!

some people realy deserve this :chair

Fair enough. Care to explain why not then? I don't see no reason to kill kids if they're blind and deaf like mentioned before and don't break the gameplay with their immortality.

I think it depends on the game too, a game like Grand Theft Auto I was particularly directing my statement too :p

Edited by Poida

lmao ... my blind and deaf was more technicaly xD

I don't wanna see some kids running with a stick in games ...wth -_-

e: well.... don't judge a mothers (or not yet...dunno) capability, she's going to hate you now =P

You could start thinking about, but it doesn't mean she has to be.

I can understand that Fallout situation though, if some stupid virtual kid would become hostile to my game..... i'd prolly try to launch it to the moon .... working or not! And if i get caught while trying, it's obvious to pick on that sucker again lol

e2: yeah.... we might be a driving force behind it :grab

You dont want our federal family bitch! She would prolly extinct every game rated 16+

Her name is ursula and she get's called ZensUrsula (zensur=censorship) even in some newspapers >.<

e3: :rolleyes: Vote to close +1 :locked

Edited by Sabrelord