Lock picking Sucks

MicroCool

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like lock picking much either. I do not understand why this minigame makes player hold joystick in such an unnatural way.

a thumb on each stick and your right index finger on the trigger is holding it in such an unnatural way?

Is there a time limit for tapping the right trigger though? I had to spam the trigger 3 times to open one chest (I really don't think I moved the thumb sticks)

Got to agree on this one, the lock-picking thing sucks ass... Tried opening a chest, it says "press RT" so I do that, the round thing in the middle goes all the way to the left and nothing happens and I have to do it again... Not to mention if I press RT and only slightly move any of the 2 sticks I have to start all over, and I have to press the button 7-8 times or something before it goes all the way to the left. Took me 10 minutes to pick the goddamn lock, this really sucks... I hoped that the opera door was the only door where you had to do this but I feared that might not be the case...

the "knob" at the top of the lock is a timer. not the lock itself. just spam :rtbut: once you got the picks in place. and remember the place they're at. if you fail, just move both sticks to that position. it doesn't reset. ever. i've failed a few times until i got the gyst of it and now i manage to breeze right through 'em.

a thumb on each stick and your right index finger on the trigger is holding it in such an unnatural way?

Is there a time limit for tapping the right trigger though? I had to spam the trigger 3 times to open one chest (I really don't think I moved the thumb sticks)

as soon as I start pressing RT while holding joystick normally the vibrations or whatever make me fail. so what I have to do is first find right locations then hold both of sticks with one hand mash RT with the other. So yah very unnatural.

Vibration isn't at all required - there are only so many ways you can angle each stick so finding the right place doesn't take long. The problem I'm having is the same as Tortyreus, which is that once I start pressing :rtbut: my thumb moves ever so slightly and I have to reset the :rs: again

I'm having the same issue. My biggest problem was that I was tapping the :rtbut: too quickly, causing my right thumb to slip on the :rs: a bit. Now, it isn't a frustrating experience so I don't mind the lock picking feature. However, I don't think the lock picking system implemented adds anything to the game. In fact, I think it does just the opposite. I would have preferred something like solving a puzzle lock to open a treasure box.

Edited by StarDreamer99

Vibration is a must; couldn't figure out why I was failing so bad til I realized I had my vibration disabled.

I don't get this, i have had no issues at all with lock picking and my controller is custom and doesn't have a rumble pack.

Not really sure how any of you are finding something so simple so frustrating

Well for all the people having problems: You unlock the keys for the chests by meeting certain criteria in the game (e.g liberating districts and so forth)

I dont think anyone says that lockpicking is difficult. The main consensus and the topic of the thread is "Lock picking Sucks"

I dont think anyone says that lockpicking is difficult. The main consensus and the topic of the thread is "Lock picking Sucks"

Well the argument still stands: Why put yourself through the suckiness that is lockpicking when you can just walk up to the chest and open it up with a ready made key? ;)

I personaly don't think it sucks, but hey every one has their preferences :)

Why put yourself through the suckiness that is lockpicking when you can just walk up to the chest and open it up with a ready made key? ;)

In the past games you did not need a key for chests - you just found a chest and opened it - I think many of us prefer that method....