New DLC thoughts

Lurgilurg

Been playing this and have definitely noticed much better AI!

I even put it on easy just to polish off them 2 achievements and I've been having my ass handed too me for the first couple of minutes much harder than before.

Also the voices as they shout seems to be making my tv crackle even on low volume, tried external speakers as well and get the same sound. anyone else got this??

Overall I'd say it's decent, disappointed about only having 2 extra levels for each campaign though

I've noticed that the voices seem to crackle slightly too.

The missions were far too short in my opinion. I jumped into a random game where no one was communicating, and we still breezed through all 4 maps in under 45 minutes.

To be honest, I think the only thing that will keep people coming back to it is the achievement that requires you to level up.

The new maps are stellar, especially Founder's Tower. I haven't been wowed by a map in a long time. It starts out decent but when you get to the catwalks and scaffolding, you're zipping around and climbing at a very smooth pace. Orgasmic. The new abilites are all very nice too. Especially the UAV and the Heal Aura

Upon downloading the DLC, it said it had finished at 69% and when I entered the game it corrupted my profile :/ Researching this i found if you had not updated the game on Live then you couldnt play or something like that. I had it up to date because i had been playing it online that day. But a clean recover of the profile fixed the problem.

Did anyone else have any issues?

AI is no different for me, played one of the levels on solo easy, and they spent the whole time (as per usual) worrying about the command posts, leaving me, alone, to get the objective.

Game just sucks when playing by yourself. If you have just one friend with you, then its a blast, but otherwise it just sucks. Will be glad to trade this one is :)

Don't trade it in too soon, just because more DLC has yet to be announced doesn't mean it isn't coming.

OT:

I wasn't too fussed about the Labs level, too similar in style to Aquarium if you ask me.

Founders Tower on the other hand is a great map in comparison to the original ones. Much more vertical progress as I was hoping for.

The new abilities are about as good as we could have hoped, particularly the health regen unit. I have yet to use the napalm grenade but that looks effective from what I've seen so far.

Edited by Ali_P_84