Before I jack the game in...

Hi,

Enjoyed the game until recently. I'm level 9 and started the Teeth of Naros DLC. All of a sudden every fight is a chore. My weapons take ages to do any damage and I get killed after a couple of hits.

All of a sudden the game has come to a grinding halt and feels more like Dragons Dogma. Now I know why they say this game takes up to 100 hours top complete. Its because every fight takes half an hour to get past.

I can't progress because a silverback troll appears and destroys me. I can't do damage and apparently I'm deceased and cursed. Sure thats not helping but hey-ho, thats RPG's for ya.

Anyone got any advice. Should I just ditch the game or start from an earlier save?

Your problem is that you're already doing the DLC. Complete the main questline first, so you'll level up and get good rare weapons on the way. Once you've leveled up and have good gear, head into the DLC.

The game is fun. Only reason I can't be assed to do it is because I missed the 50 successful persuasion attempts achievement.

Cheers man.

I only started the DLC because when you put 'When should I play xxxx DLC', links pop up to what people recommend. For ToN, most people said to do it when you reach level 8.

I noticed I failed a few persuasion attempts myself, so started putting upgrades into that. Hopefully I'll still have plenty of opportunity to get it.

Came across another problem though. You know the achievement for jumping into the well and dying? Well that won't unlock for me. Tried numerous amounts of times but it just won't pop. Anyone else had problems with this?

Honestly I would wait until you finish the main game to do the DLC. That way whatever you miss as far as lorestones, persuasion attempts, etc, you know where you stand and what you need to work on. That is how I did it on both of my tags. Be very careful with persuasion attempts. It's a good idea to save before engaging quest givers/enders.

Well it doesn't really matter if I fail them or not. The achievement for jumping and dying in the pit won't pop no matter what I do.

Either I'm f**ked out of my completion or I'm doing something wrong.

As for the persuasion attempts. If I save before a quest giver, even if its a 57% chance or succeeded can I reload like in Dragon Age, or will I always lose that attempt?

EDIT: Just found this on another site

Once you enter Idylla you will get a cutscene where Secandra tells you to watch out for the big square hole in the middle of Idylla. just walk towards it and press "A" to jump down.

And *Ding* achievement unlocked

It could be that you don't get an auto save so don't forget to save!

**UPDATES MIGHT MAKE THE ACHIEVEMENT UNABLE TO UNLUCK**

to prevent this, what you have to do delete the DLC and ALL updates!

download the DLC again. after that. start the game but DO NOT download any update! there might be a bug in a update to prevent you from getting the achievement.

after starting up the game, create or load up you file. (You might need to start a new file. not sure yet)

if load up just head toward the square in the middle of Idylla and jump down!

if this doesn't work, create a new file and go straight for ToN and start from the beginning of the DLC once up in Idylla, jump down and *Ding* the achievement should unlock!

You might need to start a new file. not sure yet.

**ON DEMAND PLAYERS**

delete both dlcs, download them again. making sure Legend of dead Kel is installed first. Then Teeth of Naros. Load up your save file, jump off the cliff and you should unlock it.

Many people report of the game will freeze. Still the achievement unlocks.

Any of you encountered this?

Edited by Brako Von Cruel

• 3 weeks later...
Well it doesn't really matter if I fail them or not. The achievement for jumping and dying in the pit won't pop no matter what I do.

Either I'm f**ked out of my completion or I'm doing something wrong.

As for the persuasion attempts. If I save before a quest giver, even if its a 57% chance or succeeded can I reload like in Dragon Age, or will I always lose that attempt?

EDIT: Just found this on another site

-snip-

Any of you encountered this?

How did you get around this, to get the I Regret Nothing achievement for jumping to your death? Did you simply delete and redownload the DLC? Or did you delete both DLC's plus the Update? I'm encountering the same thing right now, I've jumped to my death about 10 times, and no achievement has popped. :(

Also, as for the Persuasion attempts, yes you can save before you talk to the NPC and then reload and you can definitely get it the next time (if your odds are good enough). Although sometimes, even if I had around a 50% chance to win it, I still had to reload and try about 8-10 times lol. :confused: But anyway, yes you can easily get the 50 you need by saving and reloading. :)

You edited out the part of his post that answers your question. :p

I had the same issue with that achievement not unlocking when it was supposed to and using that exact method resolved it. Mind you, I grabbed KoA: Reckoning on sale through Games on Demand so hopefully the other solution works too.

You're right, I did lol. :p When I read it, I saw a couple of possible answers, sort of a, "Try this... if that doesn't work, try this..." sort of thing. But after re-reading it, I'll try the first thing mentioned of deleting this DLC and redownloading without applying the update. I also read posts in the games Forum of people saying you have to delete both DLC's, then redownload them in the order of their release, without the update again. Then I read you might need to start an entire new save file too. That's the only reason I asked which one worked for him, but no biggie. :) I'm almost done with the DLC, so once I finish it all up, saving this achievement for last, I'll try that first suggestion and hopefully that should finish it up for me too! Thanks though. :)