Some tricks...

Salut Allo

I did this little guide on TrueAchievements.com for Ace.

I guess I'll post it here as well :p

http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=303966

One of the best way for a bigger score; The EMP. You should use the EMP more frequently than any other power ups, because you gain points for deactivating ennemies, and for killing them. Exemple: the big green ennemie, gives 100 for deactivating it, and like 500 for killing it, giving you a total of 600 for one enemy.

EMP gives you an additional 20% of the points you normaly get for killing an enemy, just by disabling them.

Yes, I know, it gets dangerous, when you don't have any special attacks left and there is a billion of disabled ennemies on screen, that's the problem with it, just be careful not to crash into them, as it can be deadly. If it happens, try to make a path through the enemies as fast as you can, and also try to kill the new enemies appearing on screen before they get a shot at you. In those moments, being in multiplayer or having 2 controllers can save you simply because you get more firepower to ram through the enemies.

So there are many ways to go for that achievement. You can either try

-alone with one controller (hardest way)

-alone with 2 controllers (more info below)

-playing multiplayer (2 players total, more than 2 is going to be complicated)

Methods to play the game

Single player

Playing alone with one controller

There is not much to say about this... Just keep trying, you will eventually remember the spawning points of the enemies. You will learn how the game works and get better much faster this way... But expect a lot of Aegis Wing playing, as it is the hardest way to play this game and you will probably have to restart many times.

Alone with 2 controllers (or more haha)

The two controller thing, is probably the best tip of all. You shoot faster when you are attached, it takes more bullets to kill you, your power ups are stronger, your ship is slower, which means easier to fly around and keep control and you can shoot in any directions. I sometimes play with 3 controllers, but it gets confusing when one of my ships blows up... Lol...

For those who don't really know how. Take the controller of the ship you will use to drive(the guest or account that does NOT need Ace) in your left hand and the other controller in your right hand.

When the level starts, press X with the right controller. So now your ships are attaching together. To shoot, use the right stick with your right controller to shoot. You can shoot in any directions... pretty useful. You can also use A to simply shoot in front. Use the left stick on the left controller to drive. You should shoot with the right controller only... but there are times when there are too many ennemies.. so you might have to shoot with both controllers, for more firepower.

You can see this as one controller: With you left thumb, left stick (left controller) and with your right thumb, right stick (right controller) exactly the same thing when you have one controller so the control should be easy to learn.

Also you should always have a power up with the driver, in case. The best should be EMP or shield.

There are no lags, because you are in Local Multiplayer, so as long as you make sure the right ship touches the power up, you won't give it to the wrong ship (what an annoying lag when playing multiplayer!).

Multiplayer

First, you should'nt be more than 2 players when doing this... I mean, you could go on with 3-4 players, just make sure they don't keep dying, 'cause you won't be able to get new power ups, just due to the fact that you'll keep getting the little white ships to revive your friends, and in the long run, it's going to kill everyone.

Attaching to someone else

That being said, there are many ways to do that achievement in multiplayer. You can attach to someone, and do as I said in the 2 controller part, and just you shoot and use the offensive power ups. Just make sure the driver knows what he's doing, or you'll both get owned by a laser. And there is also alot of lags in multiplayer, so be careful with that too. That's where the attach/deattach glitch I describe below becomes useful. If you get stuck in front of meteors, or there is a huge wall of bullets, just deattach and rush through everthing as fast as you can, and then you can get back together and keep going.

Click on the Aegis Wing logo below this text to see an exemple of this glitch as a short part (from 30:30 to 30:34 in the video) of this complete playthrough made by GH05T SN1P3R 92 and me.

Playing in multiplayer but not attaching

You can also stay on your own, just you shoot, and the other player is just there to revive you. Although a thing I will add with that, the second player can pick up the EMP and deactivate enemies around you, and let you kill them. You can try with 3 players that way; the 2 other players attach together, and pick up the EMP, since they are attached, their EMP is going to affect a lot more enemies, but like I said, make sure they don't keep dying. (You can also attach to them to get more power for your lasers/missiles)

Click on the aegis wing logo below this text to see an exemple of this method as a short part (from 0:30 to 0:43 in the video) of this complete playthrough made by GH05T SN1P3R 92 and me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0aUKtEt6KA&t=0m30s]http://image.xboxlive.com/global/t.5841083c/tile/0/2000f[/ame]

Points per enemy & items

Here are the points each enemy gives (same amount of points for insane or normal):

------------------------------- Killing --------------------- (disabling with EMP)

Blue fighter:------------ 50 points-----------------------------(10 points)

Red fighter:-------------50 points------------------------------(10 points)

Blue kamikaze:-------50 points------------------------------(10 points)

Red kamikaze:--------50 points------------------------------(10 points)

Purple ships :---------150 points-----------------------------(30 points)

Yellow fighter:---------200 points-----------------------------(40 points)

Green ships:----------500 points-----------------------------(100 points)

Power ups, health and ships to rescue another player: 50 points

Meteors: 30 points (can only be destroyed with laser to get the points)

First boss (level 1; Turning point): 5000 points

Second boss (level 3; Hive and Seek): 5000 points

Third boss (level 5; Re-entry): 10,000 points

Fourth boss (level 6; Gigantomachia): 15,000

Fifth boss (level 6; Gigantomachia): 20,000

With that being said, you should concentrate your fire on the bigger enemies, and also try to deactivate them, before killing them to earn extra points!

Random Tips

Useful glitch

When you are attached to someone, and you deattach, you are invulnerable during the animation, you and your partner. You can go through meteors, bullets, even ennemies, without taking any damage during these 2 seconds. Don't try this with ennemie lasers.

(same link as posted earlier)

Click on the Aegis Wing logo this text to see an exemple of this glitch as a short part (from 30:30 to 30:34 in the video) of this complete playthrough made by GH05T SN1P3R 92 and me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0aUKtEt6KA&t=30m30s]http://image.xboxlive.com/global/t.5841083c/tile/0/2000f[/ame]

Lasers

Use the laser to destroy meteors. It gives 30 points each and also new power ups. *Don't use your laser ONLY on meteors and don't try to save your special attacks, you should take every power ups you can and use them as much as possible, you will get more kills, therefore more points/ new power ups.*

Destroying enemies faster:

Moving to the right of the screen at high speed will make your bullet hit the target much faster, which means the enemy will die also much faster. This can be useful when you are stuck in front of a laser enemy and you can't go anywhere else. It can also help out when there are too many enemies on screen or help defeating a boss faster, but moving back to the left of the screen will make your bullets hit the target SLOWER. Don't forget that.

Click on the Aegis Wing logo below this text to see an exemple of this trick as a short part (from 31:07 and onwards in the video) of this complete playthrough made by GH05T SN1P3R 92 and me. Notice how fast my bullets hit the boss. (listen to the sound of my bullets hitting it when I'm moving towards it, and when I'm not)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0aUKtEt6KA&t=31m7s]http://image.xboxlive.com/global/t.5841083c/tile/0/2000f[/ame]

Score divided by levels (my score)

Here is my score divided by levels using everything I said up there:

Level 1: 19 000

Level 2: 55 000

Level 3: 90 000

Level 4: 120 000

Level 5: 193 000

Level 6: 290 000 without EMP

310 000 with EMP

Other Info

If you are still struggling to get that achievement, you can send a friend request to my other account: ''allo salut'' and I'll be able to help you out.

If there is something wrong, missing or not clear, or if you simply have a question, feel free to message me or leave a comment!

***Credit goes to GH05T SN1P3R 92 for recording/editing the video.***

Edited by Salut Allo

• 3 weeks later...

Now some info about the bosses...

Boss of the first level

Best weapon against it? Shield.

As you might already know, this boss shoots like 15 bullets at a time.

You might also know that the shields reflect the enemies bullets... but 2 times. So 15 becomes 30.

Simply use your shield and go in front of it, but not too close, or you will die when it moves. Also, just to make sure you dont die, each 2 times it shots, move back, because it will move and may hit you.

Boss of level 3

Not much to say... the first time you meet it be careful, try to keep a EMP, missiles or laser, cause right after it goes away, a little army of weird looking alien ships will charge to you...

best weapon against this boss is laser, cause missile don't always have time to hit before the boss goes white...

Boss of level 5

Definitely laser. If you are using 2 controllers, try to pick up 2 laser boxes with the ship that is driving during the level... this way the boss should die in less then 1 minute..

if it doesn't die... be careful about its lasers. When the boss is going up or down the screen... go at the top or bottom of the screen, as far as you can, and when the boss has an angle, go at the right of the screen, under or above the boss.

If you kill it and you see meteors that are coming... try to dodge them, or you will have to restart the fifth level with a score of 0.

First boss of level 6

Really easy, probably the easiest. Simply stay in the middle of the screen. Each 3 attacks (going around you or shooting bullets), go down or up, because the boss will charge. The best weapon for this one is missiles. Use 2 of them each time the boss goes around you. Do this until it does a big boom, and then go down the screen to kill the little horde.

Second boss of level 6

I personally F****** hate this boss...

Try to keep some lasers with the driver because you have to destroy the little eyes fast, cause when it does the laser attack.. its dangerous.. there are some lags, like shown in the last video of this thread

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=196057

now if you don't want to end up like the guy in the video, you must kill as many eyes as you can.. if you are 3 ships or more, try to pick up and keep missiles during the level. (2 ships should have 8 missiles when you are starting the fight).

If you are 2 ships... you might want to pick up lasers...

About the attacks

Detaching pieces: When you see that pieces are detaching from the boss, stay in front of the boss, but at the left of the screen... just don't move and you will be fine.

Bullets: anything to say except dodge them.

Lasers: Stay calm, don't do any fast movements, or you may die like the guy in the video. Move slowly.

When there is one eye remaining, DON'T shoot the boss. Wait until you have power ups, because when this little eye dies, a wall of bullets will come to kill you. You should try to have a shield and do the same thing as the first level's boss: go in front of it with the shield. Otherwise, try to take lasers, I think 6 lasers might be enough to kill it... shield is the safest way...

That's it for the boss tips... if I found or remember about other things, I will update.

Hope it will help someone.

Anyway, if you need help, like I said above, just send a friend request to allo salut and I'll help you during a weekend.

Good luck to all of you.:)

Edited by Salut Allo

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Salut Allo, thank you so much for this. I have been attempting this game for as long as I can remember and I can never seem to beat the second level. I always die at the dumbest parts. Now with your guide, I have a complete new strategy on Aegis Wing. I really appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...