Do you have a phobia of having a gamerscore that does not end with "0" or "5"?

HMS Resolution

I don't know about you guys but I could not stand to have a gamerscore that ended with anything other than 0 or 5. I can't explain it, it just looks more uniform that way.

Whenever I want to get a game I check here to see if it has any of those 1G or 13G achievements and if it does I stay well clear of the title. Although this was only a real problem with early titles, I haven't seen recent titles with crazy GS achievements but you never know, might just pop the disc in and thats all it can take. Then you have to find an achievement to bring it back to an even interval of 5.

What about you?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few games that have achievements like that on my tag. Only one that bothered me was Rock Band 3 because the 4g achievement is a "thanks for buying the game" achievement and the 6g to balance it was unavailable for the first week.

I like my gamerscore to end in a 5 or a 0, that's just how I am. I will avoid a game like Bulletwitch, since the 1g is fricking hard and the 99g achievement that balances it is not. I am torn on Watchmen, since it isn't hard to balance it, it is just time consuming, but DJ Hero 2 is the bad one, since I have to plan everything out in order to not be left with an indivisible gamerscore.

Basically, so long as it can be balanced without a high degree of difficulty, I am fine, since I will balance it.

with all the games ive played and the resulting gamerscore that has been amassed, it is actually not a complicated combination of games leading to my score ending in a 'dodgy' number...it's a 30 minute session with luxor 2 resulting in 77G. Everything else i have ends in a '0' or '5'. i don't have a phobia of it, it's just that it kinda sucks that luxor 2 is the only reason why it is like that

I dislike having an odd numbered gamerscore, but not so much that I won't buy a game with it. I'll just earn the achievements to fix the problem.

I had that issue a few weeks ago. Was playing geodefense on my WP7, and hadn't looked at the achievements. All of a sudden, I earned 3 points and was like "WTF?!?!" so I immediately skipped ahead and earned the 7 point one. lol.

with all the games ive played and the resulting gamerscore that has been amassed, it is actually not a complicated combination of games leading to my score ending in a 'dodgy' number...it's a 30 minute session with luxor 2 resulting in 77G. Everything else i have ends in a '0' or '5'. i don't have a phobia of it, it's just that it kinda sucks that luxor 2 is the only reason why it is like that

Luxor 2 did it for me too, in fact I just posted this in another thread:

I had a non-even gamerscore (ending 1 or 6) for a few years, because of playing Luxor 2 ages ago and getting an achievement which put it out of sync, but because I didn't like the game much and got rid of it I never got the one to balance it out.

It never really bothered me, if anything it made a nice change, but after a while it did start to get a bit annoying. So when I played Rock band 3 there was another odd achievement, which put me back to a 5 or 0 gamerscore, but I've never gone for the simple 6 point achievement for linking to the RBN or whatever it is, purely so that my gamerscore looks "normal" again! Apart from the 519 score for RB3 that is.