Leaderboards in zombies

so after playing zombies for about 2 weeks ((every day) trying to rank up to a knife) ive played a lot of different maps and got a lot of high rounds.

ive got to round 24, 26, 26, 28 and 44 (solo) on buried. and on the leaderboards it shows my highest is 20 (i think.)

i also got to round 33 on die rise and this hasnt been recorded either.

i will also mention the black ops 1 leaderboards were also terrible. if i got to say round 30 on kino der toten and then i got to round 25. the leaderboards would sometimes show round 25 and erase my higher round.

i was annoyed at first, but then i calmed down and now i record the last minute or so of gameplay and put it on my file share. but i ran out of spaces so i bought the extra slots pack, so i could show people that i have achieved XX round on XX map, because the leaderboards fail to show this. Waw was fine there was no time where i achieved a high round and had it not be displayed on the leaderboards and there was also no time where it erased a high round to show a lower round.

i am not playing custom games, or easy, or whatever. real public matches OR solo. it makes me wonder, why put leaderboards into the game if they are so pathetic? why have 2-3 player leaderboards when its very hard to have a game with 2-3 players because custom game leaderboards dont save. so you have to search for a game and hope someone leaves as the counter is ticking for the game to start.

its a pain in the ass sitting there holding down RT until i get to the end of the clip to show my high round.

ive been playing zombies a lot recently to level up. and its my understanding when you go to a knife you cant go back to no knife. same with skull and bones. and seeing as nobody knows the ranking system (also pathetic and strange) what if say you have to get past round 30 on ANY map. but because the leaderboards dont show that ive made it past round 30, that may be the reason im not ranking up.

so does anyone else have this problem (i know everyone ive played with has had this problem at least once). otherwise i find it strange how its only happening to me.

ive got used to the fact i have to use theatre as evidence instead of leaderboards, and i will remain doing so, because maybe one day the game decides to show a lower round as my record.

This happens to me all the time and currently is happening. My leaderboards don't even show that I have played certain maps. Right now Buried shows round 45 single player but I have made it to 54. It took over 4 hours so I don't want to go into the video and fast forward to the end!!!, but lame it doesn't show it...

Your Zombies ranking is determined by several different factors. I've been playing Zombies a lot for the past few weeks and I've recently been upgraded to the knife rank. Here's a video explaining the ranking system:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4jCpioKYxs]Black Ops 2 Zombies | Ranking System Explained (How To Rank Up / Level Up in Zombies) - YouTube[/ame]

As for leaderboards not saving, I never had a problem with it. I made it to round 50 solo on Buried a week or so ago and it shows on the leaderboards.

Your Zombies ranking is determined by several different factors. I've been playing Zombies a lot for the past few weeks and I've recently been upgraded to the knife rank. Here's a video explaining the ranking system:

As for leaderboards not saving, I never had a problem with it. I made it to round 50 solo on Buried a week or so ago and it shows on the leaderboards.

thanks, but ive seen that video loads of times before. as with other 'zombie ranks explained' videos.

nothing is proven, and treyarch also havent officialy said anything. so until then. unless someone can PROOVE the ranking system in a video, its all rumors and speculation. every video just says 'good stats' which is false. you can go down from a blue skull to a normal skull from just not playing. its happened 3+ times before. and loads of video say good stats... what is good stats?

does it mean your good if you drink a lot of perks. or bad because you go down a lot and have to rebuy them?

does it mean your bad if you go down a lot. or maybe you survive really high rounds and its more common to go down.

does it mean your bad if you die a lot? what if you play lots of turned and you want to rank up. treyarch are basically saying avoid playing turend if you want to rank up. every time you die on turned you get 1 down and 1 death. so then if it IS based off stats you get deranked from playing turned.

does it mean youre good if you get revives? or that your teammates are terrible and go down all of the time

etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but a friend told me that if one person quits out of the match nothing is saved on the leader board; meaning if you get to a new high round and then someone quits out before you lose it doesn't show that you got to that round. I think if someone joins into the match that has already started the same thing happens. Can anyone confirm this?

Also for solo, if you get disconnected once it will not save your round for the leader boards. That's the only logical explanation I can think for that not saving your highest round. My friend used to fall victim to the leader board glitching all the time, but I have never been affected by it.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but a friend told me that if one person quits out of the match nothing is saved on the leader board; meaning if you get to a new high round and then someone quits out before you lose it doesn't show that you got to that round. I think if someone joins into the match that has already started the same thing happens. Can anyone confirm this?

I know for a fact that if someone quits during a public match it will only count the rounds that the person left on. However, statistics such as kills and headshots still count after a person has left the game.

95% of the time, when someone quits it wont record on the leaderboards.

but in 2 different cases, this has happened and the leaderboard has still recorded...

The leaderboards will be marked and when the person quits, so if your highest is 30 and someone quits at 20, obviously nothing is going to show. If your highest is 20 and someone quits at 21, it should show the stats as they were when the person quit.

rank is very simply based on survival kills/downs. you can definitely rank down if you play poorly, I've seen it happen a dozen times. You should get your knife around 80 K/D.

well if thats true.. (which at the moment is what im starting to belive it is) thats pathetic. people who enjoy playing turned will look like bad zombie players.

i know not everyone cares about rank. i did for a short time. but people instantly stereotype you when they see your rank (me included) as soon as you see blue eyes shotgun you think theyre good, when they could have just sat in a glitch to boost their KD up. and theres someone at a blue eyes skull, who is an ultimate zombie master, and because they love zombies they play turned aswell. and for that people will think 'this guys sucks, he hasnt even got the knife yet' when really, they are a good zombie player, and enjoy playing different modes.

i wished for a ranking system from waw, but now i think its a bad idea. i think there should just be a combat record system for the next game. where you can see how many hours theyve played on there highest round overall. (and lobby leaderboards for a more detailed view) (more hours played means better understanding and skill) then you can make a quick decision if you want to play with them. but as of now, you cannot tell how good a zombie player is by their rank

• 2 weeks later...
well if thats true.. (which at the moment is what im starting to belive it is) thats pathetic. people who enjoy playing turned will look like bad zombie players.

i know not everyone cares about rank. i did for a short time. but people instantly stereotype you when they see your rank (me included) as soon as you see blue eyes shotgun you think theyre good, when they could have just sat in a glitch to boost their KD up. and theres someone at a blue eyes skull, who is an ultimate zombie master, and because they love zombies they play turned aswell. and for that people will think 'this guys sucks, he hasnt even got the knife yet' when really, they are a good zombie player, and enjoy playing different modes.

i wished for a ranking system from waw, but now i think its a bad idea. i think there should just be a combat record system for the next game. where you can see how many hours theyve played on there highest round overall. (and lobby leaderboards for a more detailed view) (more hours played means better understanding and skill) then you can make a quick decision if you want to play with them. but as of now, you cannot tell how good a zombie player is by their rank

Should have mentioned the ranking system is based on your survival statistics, grief and turned do not count. Many people will dispute this, but after @500 games of grief, I have never seen anyone go up or down from it. Also, I have a friend with shotguns whose K/D is @40, but 80% of his gameplay is grief. Without the grief, his K/D is over 200, explaining the shotguns.

No matter what you do, there is never going to be a good way to rank zombies.