Favorite Show on Adult Swim

The Brownie Bandit

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I love the general hate for Adult Swim's "Original Programmin" aside from of course Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen, Metalapocalypse and Venture Brothers. Only one Tim/Eric lover, good to know >=D no offense to you bud, but a majority of people are disgusted by the show (I still think it's the reason God hates gays, because they give them a TERRIBLE NAME...I mean these idiots are twice as bad as the Flamboint ones that are in your face about it, in fact...they might not even be gay! The stuff they do is absolutely horrendous though and shouldn't even be allowed on TV, it belongs next to 2girls1cup as a "softcore" version).

I can't justify any of their other shows, especially this new "Children's Hospital" which is a waste of 15 minutes...no I mean it, fitting "2 episodes" with a fake commercial inbetween in a simple 15 minute timeslot gives you little to no room to do anything..."great" and the humour falls flat, it's been done and cameos by better known actors (that one guy from The Office) really downgrades their appearance. I do recognize the guy in the Clown Makeup, without it I mean...just can't remember where I've seen him before...

The only shows I will bother watching, aside from the favored ones above (King of the Hill, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Metalapocalypse and Aqua Teen) is the anime. I for one, amongst many, hate waiting for every saturday to watch something good on. And of course from what I saw, this "Jonathan" dipshit didn't even put any anime in his timeblock...whoopdie doo, you and your openly retarded smile can suck it pal. I also like how Adult Swim takes cracks at the "anime fans" for the network, wanting to squeeze it out of their regular shitfest of a timeblock (aside from the good ones of course).

I for one, like many, am waiting for the English dub of episodes 168+ of Bleach whenever they decide to release them. Of course, I believe it went like this...

Bleach originally - Episodes 1 through 42 dubbed, then rerun

Second run - 43-63 (though I'm not exactly sure) or 43-167 (which would mean they pushed all the way through the Bount Arc and into the Huenco Mundo arc). Even if it wasn't 43-167, 64-167 is still a BIG change (that's over 103 dubbed episodes) released at once. That's more than DBZ has been able to muster before at a time, typically running the original 53 Ocean Dub episodes, then 54 through the end of the Frieza saga...then a special with Garlic Junior...and then when they finally dubbed it, the Android Saga (I'm unsure if they completely went to the end of the Cell Games or stopped somewhere before Perfect Cell for more reruns). Anyways, after that point they did ANOTHER rerun session during their Majin Buu saga...if not two (the Kid Buu portion was kept seperate from the other stuff, I know that...but I think they split it sometime before Buu actually first came into the picture...wait, I think it was right after Vegeta sacrificed himself!).

Anyways, whenever the finally do the dubs again...I hope they can at least get into the end of the 4th Filler arc (which takes place directly after another filler arc) before stopping again, or...if they're feeling brave enough, keep pushing into the following episodes involving the top 3 Espada (which are still in progress, up to 280 now).

I ramble, I know.

Only one Tim/Eric lover, good to know >=D no offense to you bud, but a majority of people are disgusted by the show (I still think it's the reason God hates gays, because they give them a TERRIBLE NAME...

This disgusts me. I'm not gonna get into a god debate, but if there is a god, I'd absolutely to hate to think of him as a bigoted fuck who hates homosexuals. Sorry, but that god can kiss my ass. And Tim & Eric is an enjoyable show. If you don't like it, don't watch it, but it's got, what, four seasons? Maybe more, I don't know, but you don't get that many seasons if everyone hates your show, nor do you get a spin off.

And when most people say "No offense," that just irks me. You know why? Because they never mean it. They think that by saying "No offense" they can say whatever the hell they want, and expect no one to be offended. I don't mean you should censor yourself so that you don't offend anyone, just don't say "No offense" if what you're saying is CLEARLY going to piss someone off. It makes you seem disingenuous.

The only shows I will bother watching, aside from the favored ones above (King of the Hill, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Metalapocalypse and Aqua Teen) is the anime. I for one, amongst many, hate waiting for every saturday to watch something good on. And of course from what I saw, this "Jonathan" dipshit didn't even put any anime in his timeblock...whoopdie doo, you and your openly retarded smile can suck it pal. I also like how Adult Swim takes cracks at the "anime fans" for the network, wanting to squeeze it out of their regular shitfest of a timeblock (aside from the good ones of course).

I love it when they rip on you Anime fans, it's hilarious. And frankly, I hope more people like Jonathan win.. whatever it is that Jonathan won. I can't wait for more "Retarded smiles" and less anime. If this is the kind of crowd that anime attracts, well good riddance. Get that impossibly spiky-haired nonsense out of my sight.

Oh, and the clown makeup guy is Rob Corrdry. I know I'm spelling his last name wrong, but I don't care enough to look it up. He was on the Daily Show for awhile.

This disgusts me. I'm not gonna get into a god debate, but if there is a god, I'd absolutely to hate to think of him as a bigoted fuck who hates homosexuals. Sorry, but that god can kiss my ass. And Tim & Eric is an enjoyable show. If you don't like it, don't watch it, but it's got, what, four seasons? Maybe more, I don't know, but you don't get that many seasons if everyone hates your show, nor do you get a spin off.

If God actually hated said people, then wouldn't his holy mightiness smite them? Thankfully he hasn't, as most of them are a lot nicer than the typical straight jackasses. My point was to pick at the "God hates Gays" bullshit, but the show still puzzles me. How can someone enjoy it? I can't find humor in it, especially when Adult Swim airs a single episode for a week (or two) for every night about the same exact thing (something about that bearded guy, Greene or what was it?) and that just gets old, I mean fast. They've redeemed themselves since then but still...they shouldn't have run it as many times as they did.

Anyways, there is a fanbase for everything...and from my wife's cousin's friends, I can see some side of the general audience (emo/gamer teenagers who find random and sickening things hilarious, or 4channers). Of course, you seem to be a lot more intelligent than a lot of them, it's probably just the type of humour you enjoy and that's fine. Maybe the question is "Why is it so popular", but why isn't an Internet show rather than being allowed on Cable TV? It's softcore 4chan.

And when most people say "No offense," that just irks me. You know why? Because they never mean it. They think that by saying "No offense" they can say whatever the hell they want, and expect no one to be offended. I don't mean you should censor yourself so that you don't offend anyone, just don't say "No offense" if what you're saying is CLEARLY going to piss someone off. It makes you seem disingenuous.

To the guy I said No Offense to, I actually meant it. I typically don't use it in a "false" sense unless I'm talking to a Government droid or racist, but to him I actually meant "No Offense". As I didn't desire to make enemies with him...but you're absolutely correct. In this case, I didn't mean to offend him...of course if he was, then that is his personal feelings and he can reflect upon them if he so wishes.

I love it when they rip on you Anime fans, it's hilarious. And frankly, I hope more people like Jonathan win.. whatever it is that Jonathan won. I can't wait for more "Retarded smiles" and less anime. If this is the kind of crowd that anime attracts, well good riddance. Get that impossibly spiky-haired nonsense out of my sight.

I think he won that trip they've been showcasing...and his lineup wasn't half bad. I think he threw in the one Bleach episode as a "requirement" and it wasn't a bad choice (Grimmjow fight, last one in fact..). I was hoping for some classic Adult Swim, like Sealab 2021 or Harvey Birdman...or go back to the old "ADULT SWIM" theme they used when they started out. Ah the music, the shows...Cowboy Bebop at midnight. While I'm an anime fan as much as the next guy, I in no way embody some of the..."people" you're talking about. If you want to call them human, in this world there is one type of girl I hate more than the flamboint bouncy fatchick (Hairspray main-girl wannabe)...and of course all those other things I hate...and that's the Otaku girl.

They always dress in these weird, multi-colored clothing that looks like it came out of a trashcan...typically fishnet leggings (and sometimes on their arms, holes are a MUST for them)...multi-colored fingernails, fingerless gloves, glasses (normal for them), yellow teeth (do these people know what a tooth brush IS?), the worst stinking breathe in the world...uh, what else? A picture works I guess...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3573/3372300849_4f8e40b2be.jpg

^There ya go, though some of them are kind of attractive...the whole "stripes" thing that the emos made even more popular (but they seem to mingle together with Otaku's nicely!) gets at me to. Lol at the girl in the blue pants...she runs like your typical "never jogged in her life" idiot that would probably do well in a horror movie to...get killed by Jason Voorhees right off the bat. Oh but finish her off with a Level 99 Kido that will certainly make her day. Maybe throw in a kunai knife, some sort of chidori rendetion and maybe a Kamehameha wave? GO JASON, KICK HER ASS!

I also hate emos. With a passion. You know how a spin-off derails from the original, and then in turn gets ANOTHER spin-off? It's so far from the original it makes everyone sick, even the spin-off of a spin-off! Well, this is like a spin-spin-off mixed with some sort of weird orgy. Combine: Rocker, Skater, Punk, Goth, Otaku, Nerd, Suicidal Maniac and Cute, cuddly plush toys. Result: Emo. They're a waste is the new "Now" that infects anyone who isn't cool enough to be a Prep or Wigger. Most likely due to them being genetically positioned in life to be of a lesser attractiveness than preps, and not buff/tall/tough looking enough to be a wigger (most of them are pretty ugly). The bad thing is, sometimes it is difficult to tell between an Emo and an Otaku. Otakus are typically (btw the word means "Fucking Insane Anime Fan", well...that's my definition) all about anime and will sometimes venture into games...but they spend their entire day drawing characters, saying japanese honorifics and acting weird as hell. Emos are weird too and typically try to do everything that their Fused Social Class Status expects of them...which is try to be skaters, try to be loud, try to rock out, try to be jerks and pricks, wear really tight clothing (and girl pants?! I do not kid, these men shop for girl pants...), cut themselves and then complain how their life is unfair when they probably have more than the kid who ISN'T bitching about it.

Anyways, I ranted too much about that subject...next quote.

Oh, and the clown makeup guy is Rob Corrdry. I know I'm spelling his last name wrong, but I don't care enough to look it up. He was on the Daily Show for awhile.

THAT'S RIGHT! Thank you, Comedy Central...that's where I've seen this guy. Yeah I remember him on Daily Show...wow, everybody's starting there it seems ;>_> well, kinda starting...Steve Carrell was a coorespondant for awhile, then Colbert went on to get his own infamous show (still don't get his whole "ear" thing, but who cares).

Edited by TVthePunisher

I in no way embody some of the..."people" you're talking about. If you want to call them human, in this world there is one type of girl I hate more than the flamboint bouncy fatchick (Hairspray main-girl wannabe)...and of course all those other things I hate...and that's the Otaku girl.

I was not insinuating that you were an otaku. I didn't even know what that was until you explained it. I was saying you were something entirely different.

It's none of my business why you hate otakus, or emos, or heavyset women so much, but if you just gave 'em a chance instead of judging them on the way they dress, or look, you might not hate 'em as much.

I really don't get why your guys' debate needs to be filling up this topic :p

Anyways, I watch King of the Hill, Moral Orel, The Boondocks, Squidbillies (it isn't as funny as the others though), Aqua Teen, Metalocalypse, Superjail, Venture Bros, Xavier: Renegade Angel, Check it Out with Dr. Steve Brule, Drinky Crow, Frisky Dingo, Home Movies, Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, Stroker and Hoop, Tim and Erics Awesome Show Great Job, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Baby Blues, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Ghost in the Shell, Mission Hill, The Office, The Mighty Boosh. There's probably more.

I watch a lot of adultswim.

I just went down the list of their shows on wikipedia and put the ones I like.

The expired ones I watched are Astro Boy, Case Closed, Code Geass, Death Note, Futurama, Gigantor, Kikaider, Lupin the 3rd, all the Gundams, Evangelion, Paranoia Agent, Pee Wee's Playhouse, Samurai Champloo, s-CRY-ed, Shin Chan, Super Milk Chan, Trigun, Wolf's Rain.

Oh yeah, I was super disappointed with Childrens Hospital. The commercials for it were hilarious. But the show was like, two 7 minutes mini-episodes. Plus, the funny parts were wasted on the commercials.

To answer the question, my favorite is Moral Orel. Too bad it was canceled.

Family Guy and King of the Hill.

I don't care for anything else on there.

This pretty much. I tend to go to sleep at the same time King of the Hill is on so I watch it while falling asleep and I watch Family Guy when its on and I'm awake sometimes. They seem to cycle the same 30 episodes over and over again so I sort of have given up on it.