Achievement Guide with Videos and Roadmap

BillyBobTwo

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record - PowerPyx has gone with 2/10 difficulty, 25 hours for all achievements (or trophies in his case).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/far-cry-3/181408-far-cry-3-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

I think i am fine with 3/10

2/10 for me is King Kong

1/10 for me is Last Airbender or whatever that game was called when you could get all 1000 in 5 minutes of doing the same move

and this game does have 39 achievements unlike the above 2 examples(saying that though i am not sure the PS3 got those two games)

For ''Fearless or stupid'' The achievement to dive more than 60m. I thought I would let people know that this isn't ''Dive'' as in dive off a cliff 60m into water. But dive as in free dive underwater. Only place I have found to do it so far is located at X. 754.6 Y. 655.8. It is basically a big sink hole underwater. Easy to spot as a black spot on the map with a relic and treasure at the bottom. Simply swim to the bottom and you will get it. If you want to live to swim back up you will need to either use the herb to extend breath time or have the skill that does it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/865/5+f+hD5Q.jpgHunter Hunted - 10:gsicon: Lure and kill a predator.

The map will show the general location of animals in the world. The first outpost is located in the Komodo Dragon area. These are aggressive and will attack you and other NPCs. Simply look around the area until you find them and kill them with any weapon you desire. Make sure to skin them as the rare skins are needed for high level crafting.

Although it's an easy achievement, it might be worth mentioning that you need to lure the animal into attacking you by getting close to it. Simply shooting a predator that has taken an interest in you won't unlock the achievement.

gettin all skills can be missable because you may not be able to gain any more exp once you have done everything.

liberating an outpost without being detected nets you 1500exp instead of 500/550 after all. not sure if its enough in the end.

I think the best option to avoid running out of XP is to keep a few outposts under Pirate control as the Pirates seems to spawn infinitely in that area. I haven't reached the end yet so i don't know if there are other options for XP.

OP the missable achievements and ways to grind XP might be worth including when you write the roadmap.

-Missable achievements: Unheard - If you capture all Outposts before unlocking Unheard you would have to start a New Game to get, Fully Inked - The Ninja Steps skill requires you to capture 2 Outposts Unheard so could also be missed.

The Ninja Steps skill requires you to capture 2 outposts undiscovered. For unheard you just need to disarm the alarm, for undiscovered you can't be seen (flashing white arrow) at all

I don't get why people keep asking for collectible maps or open up new threads to post locations of them.

You can buy maps that reveal the location of all collectibles in a certain area in the store under "maps". For the entire north island I think it's only about 2500$ to buy them all.

For ''Fearless or stupid'' The achievement to dive more than 60m. I thought I would let people know that this isn't ''Dive'' as in dive off a cliff 60m into water. But dive as in free dive underwater. Only place I have found to do it so far is located at X. 754.6 Y. 655.8. It is basically a big sink hole underwater. Easy to spot as a black spot on the map with a relic and treasure at the bottom. Simply swim to the bottom and you will get it. If you want to live to swim back up you will need to either use the herb to extend breath time or have the skill that does it.

I think if works on every dark water spot on the map.

I don't get why people keep asking for collectible maps or open up new threads to post locations of them.

You can buy maps that reveal the location of all collectibles in a certain area in the store under "maps". For the entire north island I think it's only about 2500$ to buy them all.

Yup, 'tis a bit silly. Though what would be useful is a collectables guide; showing how to get some of those hard-to-get ones. I'd do one myself if I had a capture card.

Not sure if mentioned already, but there is only ONE missable achievement, and that is unheard.

Other than that, there is an island Southeast of the doctrs mansion (Coordinates: X: 360.1, Y: 702.0) that has infinite respawning pirates in a cove like place. Sometimes they will have people captive you can rescue.

What I did was go for the unlocks needed to unlock all the skill tree stuff (As I already did all outposts), and now I am sorted with getting the fully inked achievement. I also got my "Never saw it coming" achievement there among some other ones like the flamethrower kills.

When you run out of enemies, just teleport back to the doctors mansion, and just keep taking the glider to go back. Rinse and repeat. Infinite spawning pirates in that place.

Hope that helps people :)

Some achievements seems to be a little glitched... "I Love the Boom" have not unlocked to me. I sounded a Outpost Alarm, waited to the reinforcements arrive, two jeeps each one with 4 people stopped side by side, I used the rocket launcher and exploded both jeeps with the 8 guys with one shoot.

Still, nothing has unlocked. Any ideas?

Some achievements seems to be a little glitched... "I Love the Boom" have not unlocked to me. I sounded a Outpost Alarm, waited to the reinforcements arrive, two jeeps each one with 4 people stopped side by side, I used the rocket launcher and exploded both jeeps with the 8 guys with one shoot.

Still, nothing has unlocked. Any ideas?

Use a grenade. Any other explosive is very hit and miss whether it unlocks or not.

Do you need an online pass to be able to do the co-op achievements ?

Or can the co-op achievements be done offline, over split screen ?

The online pass says:

"Unlock the full online portions of Far Cry 3 Co-Op and Competitive multiplayer,as well as the ability to share the maps you've created using the Far Cry 3 Map Editor with your friends and the community"

Co-Op achievements can be done online or offline,however offline you still need at least two players

Whether this can actually be done without the online pass i am not sure though,sorry

The online pass says:

"Unlock the full online portions of Far Cry 3 Co-Op and Competitive multiplayer,as well as the ability to share the maps you've created using the Far Cry 3 Map Editor with your friends and the community"

Co-Op achievements can be done online or offline,however offline you still need at least two players

Whether this can actually be done without the online pass i am not sure though,sorry

Okay cool. From reading what the online pass says, I would be better of buying the game new. Seems worth it from the reviews Ive read, and the many hours you will have to dedicate to this game.

But if anyone can confirm, if you need the online pass to be able to do the co-op achievements offline with two players ?

I'm an anti-social sod, are the co-op achievements achievable offline with a dummy account? If I just leave him in a safe spot while I go off an complete the mission, is that do-able?

I believe it can be done,but there are many places in the Co-Op adventure where you would need someone else(Carrying bombs while another protects him for one)...i guess make sure you have it on easy

FWIW-i did the co-op yesterday and many people came and went,none of them had their mic on,I am somewhat of an anti social sod as well...i did try the dummy account but didn't have any batteries for the second controller(they are in my Mums camera,LOL)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I would just like to thank BillyBobTwo for this guide,as it helped me to get my 1000/1000

Especially that video he put up in his 4th post showing where pirates always spawn,i was really thinking i would have to wait until a new game to get that Never Saw It Coming Achievement because i had liberated all outposts...but thankfully that was not the case

Posting a guide before a game's official release date is general frowned upon. That being said, this is a very well-written guid. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. Game was released in Europe a week before US so it was officially released before guide was up.