No pre-order codes from Gamestop?

tripleb2k

I'm also from London Ont. And I did not receive any code with my game. I'm going to see if they have the codes in a few days.

I bought my from Victoria Plaza (Commissioners and Wellingtion) and they have them in stock now. So whichever store you bought it from, try that.

Well it's seems to be a very random situation. It's very very strange! THQ did a pretty bad job with this.

I didn't get one with my Amazon pre-order, but a quick live chat with one of their support people fixed it - they just gave me the code over the chat, and I've confirmed it works.

Same here. Took about 2 mins. gotta love Amazon.

I'm glad I didn't just say screw it and start the game because that Mollusk Launcher is awesome.

I work for Gamestop and I can tell you, every copy I sold had it on the receipt.

It may just be a Canada thing, who knows?

EB Games was bought out by Gamestop a few years ago. EB Games Canada still does things differently, this must be one of them because most times, we get them separately. Having it printed on the receipt would be a better process.

Whatever, I got mine now after bringing my receipt to the store. Guess they were emailed enough codes for the pre-order. They just cut it out from the paper and taped it to my receipt. Very high tech lol

I know everyone has rehashed it over and over, but you "should" have gotten some form of pre-order bonus code. It is not inside the game, and like everyone has said, they either give it to you as a card at the store, or its printed on a receipt. Even though EBGames in Canada may be lagging with the names, the standard Operandi, SOP, should still be the same.... code on receipt if purchased in store. If you have the reciept, and its not there, I am sure they will give you a code. The stores generally are good at doing that if you can prove you didn't get it. That said, if you ever buy online through the Gamestop website (or EBG), you may only get the codes emailed to you 75% of the time if lucky. They use the phrase " While supplies last " as a Last Supper request almost even if you call them up complaining. Online customers tend to get screwed a LOT from Gamestop in my opinion. Its as if they are lazy on getting the codes out via email. I can't count how many times I have had to complain over the phone about getting a pre-order code from Gamestop. 90% of the time, I will eventually get it, but I have to spend a couple hours on the phone, then wait 2 to 5 days for a supervisor to approve it. I know its not an email issue either, because about 75% of the time, I do get the emails with the pre-order codes. But 1 in 4 games missing a preorder is pretty bad. I know this may sound like a rant, but its mainly to warn people about Gamestop and their online sales practices. Buying from a store is almost fullproof if you check receipt before you leave, and get a refund easily. Online is a different ball of wax.

May I ask what was the preorder code suppose to be?

I've gotten mine from Gamestop and I didn't get anything on my receipt, but I did get a code in the box but with what people are saying I don't know what the "pre order" code is and what code I should've gotten with the game itself.

May I ask what was the preorder code suppose to be?

I've gotten mine from Gamestop and I didn't get anything on my receipt, but I did get a code in the box but with what people are saying I don't know what the "pre order" code is and what code I should've gotten with the game itself.

All of the advertising/videos/stories/previews/threads on this site, in the Gamestop store and elsewhere and you don't even know what the preorder content is? And didn't ask them in the store when you picked it up?

Sorry, but....wow.

It is DLC that relates to the Professor Genki character in the game. You get an outfit, octupus gun and a truck that can launch people across the screen. There should be a sticker on your copy of the game that advertises it.

All of the advertising/videos/stories/previews/threads on this site, in the Gamestop store and elsewhere and you don't even know what the preorder content is? And didn't ask them in the store when you picked it up?

Sorry, but....wow.

It is DLC that relates to the Professor Genki character in the game. You get an outfit, octupus gun and a truck that can launch people across the screen. There should be a sticker on your copy of the game that advertises it.

If that's what it is... all of that is actually printed on my box for SRIII.

It's not a sticker.

So I guess I did get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy at the ebgames on southdown rd. In Mississauga (Ontario Canada) and the guy behind the counter said right away he didn't have the codes and to try back later. Well they still don't have them as of today and have no clue of what's going on with them.