I like this game (do NOT post here, if you don't)!

I see a ton of threads... people complaining left and right... how they hate the game or are frustrated with it. EVERY game has something frustrating in it (some more than others).

That said... who out there likes this game (if you love it, you can specify that)? I don't want ANYONE who doesn't like the game to post in this thread - there are PLENTY of other threads that bash the game, so post in those.

I'm not going to make this a poll-thread or anything. I know the achievement whores who want to be in-and-out of the game as quick as possible (ladies... "those guys" have sex the same way) for a quick 1000gs, don't want to play a game any more than they have to.

Anyhow... if you like the game, post a reply... and maybe what you like about the game.

I liked the first one, considering when it was originally done. I think it's cute the way Alice "bounces around" with every step (like she's this fun, bubbly girl).

I like the sequel better, with the newer weapons and the extended jumping, floating, and the quick-dash she does (not to mention the butterflies effect). I also like the lighting effects, and the music.

I'd play yet another sequel (I'm only on Chapter 3, as of this writing)... but I'm curious how many times Alice will lose her mind before she uses her Vorpal Blade on herself! :eek:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved both one and two and the only problem i ever had was that the second one did feel like it dragged a bit. With a great story and graphics the dragging was nothing really. I have other games to play now but i can see this being one of those games that is worth coming back to for another play in the future.

I hear a lot of people complain about the game's chapters being too long. I don't know if this is because they want to see an achievement "pop" every five minutes, or to easily go back and pick up something they missed.

Would 30 chapters worth 2 points each be better? I doubt it. People OFTEN complain that a game is too short and they didn't get their money's worth! This game is NOT short. Does it matter that the chapters are long and too few? Not really. Checkpoints are frequent enough that you can stop playing and pick up pretty close to where you left off.

The game paces itself pretty well, and the story is interesting. You start to wonder about Alice's sanity, and whether she is simply daydreaming... or truly out of her mind! The game isn't too hard - even on Nightmare difficulty (which I'm playing it on). Using the DLC makes the game go quicker, not easier (without it, it just takes longer to take down enemies).

I think the kids these days want to be satisfied immediately, as opposed to enjoying the journey that gets them there. The achievements come easily enough, but that poorly-written collectibles guide could be a lot better.

This is a great game, and definitely worth the money (although, I only paid $40.00 new). Perhaps it's the people who "rented" the game (the first people to complain about having to pay 800 MS Points for "Alice" - too bad), who want to rush through the game and collect their 1000 gs from it. This isn't "Avatar: The Last Airbender TBE"... so I'm afraid you kids are just going to have to deal with how long it takes to finish the game for all the achievements!

My fiancée and I love everything about this game (barring the original's translation to 360). The dark mood, the progression, the unlockables, and the sheer amazingness of the artistic direction. My main problem seemed to be the original on 360, but when you learn to save every once in a while, you really have a perfect package. Now to decide whether the DLC is worth it... :)

When i first got my xbox, what hooked me most was this new experiance of Multiplayer, Gears of War and Call of Duty 3 had me living in my romm for months.

However thats multiplayer.

It's very rare i get hooked into single-player games instantly, usually it takes a few levels, or maybe looking at the challenges required to get the achievements makes me continue.

Recently Alan Wake hade me hooked instantly, i enjoyed it so much i played through multiple times just to enjoy what was put in the game. I loved the plot, tho confusing and ending on a cliff hanger it's brilliant.

After doing the DLC i soon realised it's going to be years before i get hooked on a game like it.

I only bought this game coz i do enjoy gorey/saddistic/horror based games, i love silent hill and resident evil games, i got Alice thinking it'd have that simlar aspect.

Well when i finally began to play it, i was hooked, and that hook was onme so good that i played the game for 18 hours straight the first day and finished it the following.

It reminded me so much of Alan Wake even though the two are completely different.

This game's story/plot was fantastic, the whole idea about finding the memories in her fantasy land were great ways of trying to predict what really happened on the night of the fire.

Each chapter was different and uniqely designed, i just loved how much imagination was put into creating the fantasy land. There was never really a part in the game where it seemed the same.

The enemies were good, though all of them similar and a bit repetative when fighting the same versions, it was just the right balance of excitement over boredom.

It truly felt like there were no limits in the game play apart from when Alice was back in reality where she was restricted to where she could go, which made the whole experiance of wonderland much better.

All the extra stuff such as collectable put into the game has made it peak it's full potential.

I like hw there's sub-chapters for each chapter, saving time for when you want to find collectables yo've missed.

And how long were those chapters? It was taking ages but every where you travelled there was something new and refreshing which just kept me playing.

I could go on, but to put it bluntly this is a bloddy brilliant game, and as far as achievements are concerned they can wait.

Currently playing through the original verion, not as hook-worthy but i still enjoy it, haven't had much issues with it either, just save more often than normally on any other game, though i save loads on PC games anyways and this game just works like a PC game.

So yes i love this game and fully grateful to have come across it, money well spent!

As much as I loved playing this game (and I got all 1000 GS out of it), I had an opportunity to sell the game to a store that buys used games... for $44.00! I only paid $39.99 for it (got it at the Navy Exchange, so no tax)... so I thought, pay me 4 bucks to play the game? AWESOME!

I just got back from the store with that $44.00 offer... that ended July 31st - they were offering me $23.00 for it. I said, "Screw that! :mad: I'd rather take it to the curb in front of the store and take a hammer to it (on video) and post it on You Tube, to protest their bullshit price-drop!" This place is charging $25.00 for a used copy of "Mass Effect" - the first one! They're idiots. I have half a mind to mention the name of the company <cough> - Book Off - <cough>, but that might be considered unprofessional!

No... for anything less than $25.00, I'm keeping it! I didn't finish the achievements until Aug. 6... so it was too late by that time, anyway. I was still replaying part of the game until a couple days ago, so it isn't like I didn't have any interest in playing it after the achievements were earned.

THIS IS A FUN GAME!!! :woop:

Edited by Restricted-Access

I'd like to comment on the length issue. For me, I do feel the chapters are too long. Personally, I am loving this game so far. I'm about half way through the 3rd chapter, and for me, it's not that I want achievements to be constantly popping up, it's just I feel they use unnecessary filler throughout the chapters. I want to see what happens next, because it's a really interesting game, it's just there are large moments of time where absolutely nothing is happening, it's just Alice jumping on vents. I still love the game though, don't get me wrong.

I don't like this game...

I LOVE it!

I love everything about the game and I can't say anything I don't like about it :)

It's an nice platforming game without any despicable multiplayer achievements. I don't play any multiplayer and don't have gold, so whenever I get a new game I can't help myself and get really frustrated when I see those damn multiplayer achievements that I will never get! :(

But anyway, I love the game! :D

I love everything about Alice in Wonderland in general, but still it's stunning what American McGee was able to create with Madness returns. It was worth every year of waiting since the first Alice was released (and even though that one nearly made me insane at some point in the higher levels, it didn't stop me from replaying it like 15 times at least :) )

I really don't know what all the fuss is about :mad:. Yeah it's dark and gloomy and sometimes a bit nervewrecking to get from one point to another, but hey: isn't this exactly what you expect from such a game? And gosh, I'm so happy it took some time to get through, because I enjoyed every second to the fullest. I don't know many games with that different level settings - from underwater to Japanese-themed - with that much love for details. Just by thinking how amazing Alice's clothes looked. Or the changed weapons that differ from the first game (still I miss the Jabberwock's Eye Staff...); I love how they changed from toys to a little more adult things. Or how her sister became the Red Queen.

PLUS: who the hell isn't amazed by the plotline? I always thought the cat was the one to blame for her parents' death.

Long story short: one of the best games EVER.

Having never played the origional, and renting it from gamefly on a whim I really haven't played much into it yet to say yay or ney fully, but I like what I have played so far. I don't agree with the full 1000G not being obtainable from a rental, just like "online features" that makes me sad face, but I'm not going to piss and moan about it. I understand the need for companies to try and push a purchase of a title that isnt Halo or CoD. (Anyone else tired of seeing those freaking names besides me?) I haven't bought a new game since Mortal Kombat, and before that maybe UFC 2010? I don't remember for sure, but I rarely get the chance to buy games these days with my budget, and the fact that I'm still playing final fantasy 11 almost daily means I don't really need to buy games. But last I heard, codes were an effort to stop pirating, last I've heard Gamefly was legal. They should find a way to implament codes that last as long as you have the game out. I'd be willing to pay a tad bit more a month for something like that at least.

But enough of that rambling, I enjoyed what I have played so far, which granted isnt much I'm trying to work on L.A. Noir, which I also rented at the same time. This game is interesting and fun, and not the same boring cookie cutter shooter that seems to get top billing on the 360. Glad to see an "off" title getting some love.

Again sorry for the rant, haven't posted here in a while and a lot of thoughts just came oozing out.

This game became my favorite game even before I played it, I just knew I would love it and I was right. The Scenery, the hair animations, the story, the combat, the everything was amazing! I even bought the art book because the art is superb. I hope that they make another Alice game.

Notice that even my Final Fantasy XIV character is named Alice Liddel.

Edited by XenoSamurai

I love this game, even though it's not the normal type of game that I would buy, however my only critisim it that I found it to be glitchy in parts. Has anyone else expierenced this?

Umm... would you care to enlighten the community about ANY game out there does not have one... single... glitch?! :confused:

I don't complain about "glitches," unless it stops me from being able to play the game, or prevents achievements from unlocking (although, I might complain if a glitch makes earning an achievement REALLY difficult)!

There is a thread or two in this forum, regarding glitches. Other than just commenting on glitches in a post... why don't you ask about "glitch problems" in an appropriate thread?!

P.S. I'm glad you enjoy the game! :-)

P.P.S. I should mention that if I "have" complained about a glitch that didn't keep me from playing a game, it must have been one hell of a glitch!

Edited by Restricted-Access
P.P.S. added

• 2 weeks later...

I rented Alice Madness Returns out of curiosity. I wasn't expecting it to be as fun as it was but I enjoyed it enough to where I bought the game and played it and nothing else for a solid month. I even played the original downloaded game for about 2 weeks. The controls could be a little frustrating at times but still not so much that it seriously affected my ability to enjoy the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this game last weekend along with Dead Island. So far, I've enjoyed this game WAY more than Dead Island. I have been aching for some good action-platformer for 360 for years and this game definetely fits the bill. Art style is awesome and the story was interesting. Although some level desings and cutscenes are really creepy IMO, like Chapter 5 (Dolls, dolls EVERYWHERE!) and the intro cutscene (Oh look a nice tea tiOHMYGODWTFBLOODEVERYWHERE). The action might get a bit repetitive, but not so much it would get boring. The inclusion of the original game is good bonus. Overall, this game is one of my favorite games of this year. This will be one game I'll 1000GS with pleasure :)

Ok so after FINALLY getting to it and finishing the story and my 1000 after 1 quick clean Dollmaster battle. I really did enjoy this game. The platforming (which I tend to despise) wasn't too bad. I hated it for the first game though, that was more frustration than I would have rather had, was the unresponsive jump button lag that got me killed a lot in that one. But the story was dark and twisted (just my style) and the combat was different and fun. I would have liked to have a few more boss battles, although the Chapter 1 "boss" was awesome. I laughed my ass off. Solid game I really enjoyed it.

Very good game, I like it!!! Think the story was not too dark, I played the 16s version in germany... I don`t know if there is an adult version for US?? But music and characters are crazy paranoid sometimes. Like the "white rabbit" song from Jefferson Airplane...:rock