Blur Online Challenge Guide

Tyger7

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1072/UPtAQW4=.jpgChallenger 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Master the Blur Challenges

Introduction:

The achievement "The Challenger" is associated with the various challenges you earn as you rank up. The more of these challenges you complete, the more fans you get. Fans are essentially your experience. Each challenge is unlocked upon reaching certain levels. Below I will describe the basics of power-ups and different modifications. This way, when you see a challenge, you'll know exactly what to do and how it should be approached. This guide is to maximize your fan intake, while decreasing your time spent playing to reach level 50. It will also help make sure you get the achievement.

For the achievement 4 goals must be met. You can check these in your "sticker" option in the main career or multiplayer menus.

1) Complete 1 challenge pack at 100%

2) Complete 3 challenge packs to 50% (This includes the 100% one too)

3) Complete the Retribution Challenge

4) Complete the Ultimate Comeback Challenge

What To Expect:

It should take you around 20-25 hours of online play to gain your rank 50 (you will also have your Challenger achievement complete by then). You will be facing against people who are new, and people who get constant winning streaks. Your main goal is to mix up your mods enough to gain a lot of bonus fans. Look at a few of the challenges you need, and concentrate on getting them. Apply the mods that fit that role.

This Guide's Goal:

I am only writing this info to help you have the knowledge to get all of the challenges done. This is not an aim to make you a better player, that is impossible for me to do. You must figure that out yourself! I am only trying to make sure you get to your rank 50 as fast as possible, for whatever skill base you are. Concentrate on the challenges, and you'll rank up faster than playing with the same mods and gaining the challenges by chance. Focusing on them saves you time.

Power-Ups

Shunt: This is a heavy damaging homing projectile. This power-up is red.

Primay: (:abut:) Shoots a homing projectile at target indicated by red brackets around the opponent. If no opponent, it will continue a course until hitting someone or exploding. If can also be used to shoot Mines and backwards Shunts coming towards you.

Alternate: (:ls: down :abut:) Fires a reverse shot, though it is not homing and will continue on it's path backwards until it hits something, somewhat steering it's own course. It can also be used to destroy other Shunts coming in behind you.

Mine: The Mine is shaped like a sphere, and glows an orangish color. It does heavy damage. With Minesweeper, it can be turned into 4 seperate smaller mines (original Mine can be yours or an opponent's). This power-up is orange.

Primary: (:abut:) Lay the mine down behind you which will stick around until it's destroyed or someone runs into it. Can be layed to block a Shunt.

Alternate: (:ls: forward :abut:) Shoots a Mine forward, either directly hitting an enemy or stopping a ways away sitting until someone runs into it. Can be directed forward to hit another Mine or Shunt.

Bolt: You get 3 bolts per pickup. This does light damage per hit. This power-up is pink.

Primary: (:abut:) Shoot 3 Bolts forward in the direction your facing. Laser Sight mod helps with aim. Makes opponent's hard to control for a second. Can be used to destroy Mines and incoming Shunts.

Alternate: (:ls:backwards :abut:) Shoots your Bolts backwards. Laser Sight will show up in your rear view mirror as well. Can be used to destroy incoming Shunts.

Barge: A 360 degree pulse of energy that pushes cars back. This does light damage. Splash Damage mod can be used to increase radius. This power-up is purple.

Primary: (:abut:)This attack can hit multiple targets and knock cars off edges into water, walls, or off cliffs. It can also destroy Mines and incoming Shunts.

Alternate: None

Nitro: Nitro is a speed boost that lasts for a few seconds, usually going over the speed the car can handle normally. Ramming an opponent will cause light damage. This power-up is green with three arrows on top of eachother.

Primary: (:abut:) The main purpose is to give you a speed boost in order to gain a small advantage. If you have Battering Ram mod on and get a hard hit, you can do heavy damage.

Alternate: (:ls: backwards :abut:) This will cause you to use an air brake. Your car will stop, and then Nitro. This will draw in cars towards you stopping them, letting you Nitro past them. This is also useful for tight turns, as you can rotate your car while the air brake is taking place.

Shield: A force field that surrounds your car and can be used with various mods for different effects. The Adaptive Shielding mod will convert Shunts and Mines into your own power-ups for example. This power-up is white.

Primary: (:abut:)The primary use is to shield against all attacks, including Shock. It will also block damage from crashing.

Shock: (:abut:) This slows down cars as well as does light damage to them. Three circles of lighting are instantly thrown in front of the first place car (including your own if you're first). This power-up is blue with a lightning bolt symbol.

Primary: (:abut:)Used to slow down your opponents that are ahead of you as well as damage them.

Repair: You use the Repair when you're car is damaged, to prevent being wrecked. The power-up is yellow with a wrench symbol.

Primary: (:abut:) This powerup will refill your health to maximum.

Alternate:None

Edited by Tyger7

Mods:

These are customizable specialties your car can have. You earn more as you rank up, and can access the menu via Multiplayer Menu under Mod Shop. Each color represents the different grouping. There are a total of 3 groups.

Stable Frame: You will take less damage from crashing into cars and walls. You will also not be harmed by anyone using the Battering Ram mod. This is only somewhat useful for a few challenges that involve not being wrecked.

Battering Ram: An extremely useful mod. It gives you extra damage when you collide with other cars. You will be using it for a few challenges. It works great with Nitro and finishing off some cars, when you have no power-ups.

Showy Flourish: Every time you hit an opponent with a power-up, you will get extra fans. Expect to use this a lot, especially when not going for any challenges in this mod category.

Titanium Armor: This is somewhat useful, as it halves damage intake from normal attacks such as hitting a Mine or being hit with a Shunt. (Gained at level 13)

Iron Fist: You gain more Shunt damage output. This will come in handy, especially when going for wrecking type challenges. (Gained at level 20)

Front Runner: You get a Nitro for every lap. This isn't too bad, but fails to deliver on specific maps that have 1 or 2 laps. (Gained at level 28):

Drifter: When you get a Super Drift, you gain a Nitro. Your wheels will have glowing circles spinning with your wheels. When it gets to green for a few seconds you get a Nitro. This is useless, only working on rare levels and has only 1 challenge related to it. (Gained at level 32)

Jump The Gun: You are supposed to respawn faster and get a speed boost when you get Wrecked or your car is reset because of wrong direction or falling off the level. There seems to not be much of an improvement, at least that I could notice. This should have been an earlier awared mod. (Gained at level 45)

Safety Net: If you have a shield on and get hit, you will get a little bit repaired. Not handy, unless you're in first place a ton and being constantly targeted.

Adaptive Shielding: You will gain a power-up if any Shunts, Barges, or Mines touch your shield. Your shield will instantly vanish when this happens, and as long as you have a free spot, you'll get that power-up.

Shielding Efficiency: You get extra time with your shield, as well as an extra hit from Shock. You normally lose the shield when you hit one Shock dome, but with this you'll be able to withstand 2.

Splash Damage: This increases your range for Barge. It was somewhat hard to determine how much it actually adds, though certaintly less than any car width. Don't expect to hit two cars next to you on the same side. This mostly helps when going for the Barge challenge that requires you to Barge 5 opponents at once. (Gained at level 17):

Scambler: Scambler is pretty decent. Whenever you hit someone behind you with a power-up, they have to wait a few seconds before they can use their own power-ups. It's fairly nice to use, best for when you're going neck and neck with someone. (Gained at level 22)

Shielded Bay: This just shields you from the effects of the above mod, and the lats mod in this category. No challenges related to it, only high levels against high levels will even think twice. (Gained at level 22):

Magnetic Field: You're supposed to pick up power-ups from farther away with this. I didn't notice much change in distance, but there is a challenge for this. (Gained at level 35):

Decoy Drop:This is a really fun mod. Whenever you pick up a power-up and drop it using :ybut:, it will explode when another car tries to collect it. You get it at a higher level, so most people below your level will be confused and annoyed while behind you, grabbing power-ups that give them nothing and damange them. You can only drop one at a time, any others you drop make your previous decoy vanish. (Gained at level 40)

Laser Sight: This will help you aim better when shooting Bolts. Completely useless compared to the other mods in this category. It's a cool idea, but only if they added extra Bolt damage.

Fan Favorite: Whenever you finish a race, you get a specific amount of fans based on your place. With this mod, you'll get an extra amount. Very good for leveling up!

ECM: One of the best mods in the game, when you are targeted by an incoming Shunt from behind, you now have the ability to completely avoid by swerving out of the way when the red indicator warning turns green. This is a great mod for anyone. You just have to practice avoiding and get used to it.

Bribe: You get a random power-up at the start of any event, and also if you get wrecked. Sort of useless unless you are going for certain challenges. An example would be Barging 5 people. If you randomly get a Barge at the start, you'll most likely have a lot more people around you to Barge! (Gained at level 15)

Vampiric Wreck: You wreck someone and you get repaired. Only useful in Motor Mash when a lot of players on playing. Motor Mash events don't have many Repairs, but racing has tons. (Gained at level 25):

Mastermine: When you pass by a Mine, within the outer glowing sphere but not hitting the acutal mine, you will create 4 of your own mini Mines. The best mod in the game during Motor Mash. It's so good I don't even want to spread the word on it. They'll probably patch this soon, but for right now you can sometimes double the 2nd place score with this mod if no one else is abusing it. Just drive by all Mines, and keep getting your own shooting them in front of behind you and going close to them. Every hit counts for 1 point, but remember, there are 4 mines! (Gained at level 30)

Last Gasp: You get 10 seconds more control of your vehicle after being wrecked. You can only do one thing, and that is self destruct. Sadly it doesn't automatically wreck anyone, just does heavy damgage. (Gained at level 38)

Silent Runing: After a few seconds with no physical contact or use of power-ups, you're car will turn invisible. You can see your own lights so you know where you are but others can't see you. It looks awesome, but hardly serves a purpose as you gain fans from using power-ups. The only thing it would be useful for, is being in first and staying out of the 2nd place opponent's view. (Gained at level 47)

Mod Loatout Suggestions (What I have normally)

Speed:

Front Runner

Decoy Drop

ECM

This setup expects you'll be in one of the top 3 places. You will get a Nitro every lap, will have Decoy Drops to prevent everyone behind you from grabbing certain power-ups (lay them right after you grab one you don't want them to have, such as Shock). ECM will help you avoid the tons of Shunts that are most likely going to be heading your way. They will have a terrible time keeping up if you play this right.

Power:

Battering Ram

Scambler

Mastermine

You set out for damage. Everyone you run into will feel your pain. As you shock n mock the opponenets behind you, their retaliation will come short handed by Scrambler. Every Mine you see turn it into your own, stealing any fans that car would have gotten from a Mine hit. When you get a Mine shoot at corners so you make very dangerous turns.

Defensive:

Stable Frame (Or Titanium Armor)

Shielding Efficiency (Or Shielded Bay)

Silent Running (or EMC)

Be on guard with this setup. Get less damage dealt to you and better shields. Make it hard for opponents to push you around. This is a great setup if you don't like conflict and want to be left alone! Be so tough they would rather attack someone else.

Fan Love:

Showy Flourish

Fan Favorite

Magnetic Field

This is the best way to maximize your fan intake! This is the best way to level up the fastest. You will gain more fans every race you finish and every hit you earn on all opponents. To maximize your power-up usage, put on Magnetic Field to make sure you don't miss power-ups barely out of reach (such as when someone gets it and you miss it and it spawns right behind you).

Edited by Tyger7

Drivers Ed: 16 Challenges

These should be the easiest of the challenge sets to get 100% on. They are very basic.

Airbrake III - Airbrake with Nitro 20 times (Difficulty 1/5)

With the Nitro powerup selected, you must hold :ls: down and press :abut:. This will stop your car completely for a second, then you will get a big burst of speed. It is specifically good to use on tight corners. Once you are about to hit the wall, airbrake, then turn in the direction you need to head. Also you can just use it every time you get the powerup and you'll get the 20 very quickly. Refer to Nirtro Rift in the demolition challenges for information regarding the impact it has on other cars near you.

Barge III - Barge 50 cars (Difficulty 1/5)

To use the Barge powerup, get near competing cars and press the :abut:. This will release 360 degree blast of energy damanging and pushing cars away from you. Do this around multiple cars, or when cars are near ledges/cliffs/walls for maxium effect.

Bolt III Bolt - 100 cars (Difficulty 1/5)

You get 3 shots with each bolt powerup you grab (unless you're driving Shannon's car from single player which gives you 4). You have the option of hitting :abut: once, twice, or three times to shoot them all by pressing the button rapidly. You may also hold the :ls: back while pressing :abut: to shoot them behind you. If one bolt, or all 3 hit a car, it's only counted as 1 car for your stats. If you are having trouble aiming, you may use the Laser Sight mod, which assists you in aiming.

Minesweeper III - Destroy 20 Mines without taking damage (Difficulty 1/5)

Many competing cars will grab the Mine powerup, and drop it hoping another person will run into them. They appear as big orange glowing spheres. They are easy to spot, but sometimes very hard to avoid. You can use other powers ups to destroy them so that you don't have to avoid. You may shoot Bolts, Shunts, your own mines (by pressing forward on the :ls: and hitting :abut:), and the Barge power. If this challenge is causing you difficulty, you may shoot a mine out in front of you, and destroy it as well. Your own mines will count towards this statistic.

Nitro III - Overtake 50 cars using Nitro (Difficulty 2/5)

Before passing a car, you must activate your Nitro powerup and have it last all the way until your ahead of it. These seem to count randomly, but I believe it only counts if you overtake on the inside of the lane. I only rated this a little higher in difficulty, because it's very picky when registering.

Rear Guard III - Block 20 attacks using another power-up (Difficulty 1/5)

This can be a combo of various powerups. The easiest powerup to block is a Shunt. You can Barge it before it hits you, shoot Bolts at it (either direction), and even lay a mine in it's path. There are several ways to get it. Use whatever you have to stop incoming attacks.

Reverse Bolt III - Hit 20 Cars using Reverse Bolt (Difficulty 1/5)

To do a reverse bolt, hold back on the :ls:and hit :abut: as many times as you have bolts. This is identitcal to the Bolt challenge III, just the opposite direction. The more cars behind you, the easier it is. Using the Laster Sight also helps, as there is one on your mirror.

Reverse Shunt III - Hit 20 cars using Reverse Shunt (Difficulty 1/5)

Shooting forward with a Shunt gives you homing abilities. When you do a reverse Shunt (:ls: back :abut:) you send it directly backwards. It will not home in on the cars, you must look in the riew view mirror and aim. Even if a car is far away, you can send one back. Normally being in a high place and doing this will guarantee you hit someone.

Shield III - Block 50 attacks using Shield (Difficulty 1/5)

The Shield only has one use, and that's as a shield. There are a few mods that change how the shields react to damage. Adaptive Shielding for example converts it to a powerup. Safety Net uses that damage to heal you. Shielding Efficiency will let it last longer, and take more damage from Shock attacks. Any of these will work fine for these stats. The easiest thing to block is a Mine. Just run into it with your shileds active. It's also useful for Shunt attacks that are incoming. If you want to this challenge done fast, when you have a Mine and a Shield, shoot your Mine ahead of you (:ls: forward :abut:), then use your shield. You will lose your shield but gain the benefits of getting your Mine back, or converting it to health.

Shock III - Shock 50 cars (Difficulty 1/5)

The Shock power is best used while you are doing poorly in a race. What it does, is target the first place car and sends lightning portals in hard to avoid areas. If you're racing in a match with many players, you may just want to keep back and use it as much as you can, to give you more oppurtunity. Warning: If you use this while you are fairly close to the leading pack of cars, you will most likely suffer hitting your own Shock powerup, as you are not immune to it just because you used it.

Shock Evader III - Be targeted by Shock and avoid being hit 50 times (Difficulty 4/5)

This will be the most time consuming challenge in the set. This does depend highly on how good you become at the game. You must be racing in first place, have a car behind you use the Shock power, and you must then avoid the traps of lightning all over the road. Most players will find this as their last challenge. The only real way to try to get this faster, is to fall into near last place, so that you start out ahead of everyone in the next race. I rated this a bit higher in difficulty, because it depends on multiple conditions in order to happen correctly. I was a level 35 by the time I finished all of these up.

Shunt III - Shunt 50 cars (Difficulty 1/5)

This will come very quickly. You can shoot the Shunt's forwards or backwards to gain this challenge. If a car is close enough, you will be able to send a homing Shunt at it. If you're in front of a lot of cars (especially at the start of a race), use the backwards Shunt attack and you'll almost always hit someone.

Shunt Evader III - Evade 50 Shunts (Difficulty 2/5)

Evading a Shunt is pretty difficult. You will normally be shooting these, but if you happen to not have anything to counter it, you'll either be hit or get very lucky and it misses you. The best way to avoid these is to put the ECM mod on. It will make it much easier for you to avoid Shunts. There will be a red indicator warning you of danger. If you swerve around, or move to other parts of the track, it will turn green showing that you will successfully (most likely) avoid it.

Top Three III - Finish 3rd or better in 25 races (Difficulty 3/5)

As many races as you will be doing to get these other challenges, we would certainly hope these would come along too! If you are absolutely terrible at this game (don't worry many are), then your only option is to find matches with a low amount of people. You will get lucky sometmies and people will leave randomly, sometimes lowering the amount of racers to just 3! Though rare, it does happen. Count your blessings, as usually within one or two matches others will join in after your charity run. If you are losing badly, do remember that racing with the same cars will reward you with speed boost and extra health slots, which may give you a better chance against new players who haven't fullfilled a car's specific requirements.

Mine Lobber III - Hit 20 cars using forward-fired Mines (Difficulty 2/5)

Mines are great for laying down behind you, but sometimes the person you need to take out is in front. Hitting (of course) :ls: forward :abut:, you will shoot a mine forward in the direction your car is aiming. Two things happen, either the mine goes in front of the car (if you weren't a perfect shot) or it hits them. This is a great attack, as they cannot block it unless they have a shield. If you miss and it goes in front of them, it will sit on the road like a mine you would leave behind you. In that case, there is still a chance the car will run into it. The distance you can shoot it is limited, so the close you are the better your chances.

Edited by Tyger7

Demolition: 16 Challenges

You should be able to get most/all of these as well. 50% of these is very easy to obtain, as you will be playing the game a lot to hit 50 anyways. The challenges with stars next to them are what I suggest you go for.

Brutal Delux I = Push a car into deep water or off a cliff

There are a few places to do this and you can do it in a few different ways. You should get this on your way to level 50 but if not, a good way is to play the rooftops level in Motor Mash. The whole place is a death trap. Gather up some Barge power-ups and use it when an enemy is near the edge of any drop off point. Good mods to use: Battering Ram and Splash Damage.

Carnage I -Cause the most damage during a Ranked Event *

In Motor Mash, make sure you are the top earner in points. If you want an extreme easy way to get you tons of wins and points, equip Mastermine. On the smaller levels, keep finding mines, placing them behind you, then back up a tiny bit and go forward. This should set your mine to the 4 mini mines. Do this to all mines you see. Only focus on maximizing the amount of mines on the ground, picking up the mines at their spawn points. At times, you will double the second place person if no one else is doing this.

Vendetta I - Wreck an opponent twice during a Ranked Event

You must wreck the same opponent twice for this to count. In any of the Motor Mash events, try to get as many wrecking shots as you can. Instead of going for someone with full health when you don’t have much fire power, try going for the players in lower health. Equip Iron Fist to make your Shunts do much more damage. Mastermine will help a lot too if you near-miss a lot of mines. You should randomly wreck the same guy twice going for overall wrecks.

Bruiser III - Deal out 300 heavy hits

Get in a bigger vehicle to widen your impact area. Make sure you have Battering Ram mod on! You can get heavy hits by hitting someone going very fast (working best if you hit their sides) or getting Nitro a lot and ramming people with it. The maps that have a lot of open area are best, as you can race around in a circle and hit people dricing the opposite direction.

Brute Force III - Wreck 20 cars by ramming into them *

Along with your heavy hit challenge, you should be getting a few wrecks in as well. Keep using the same method as Bruiser and you’ll get this way before you finish bruiser.

Fully Bolt III - Fully Bolt 50 Cars *

Fully Bolting a car means you land every single bolt. Once you are close to a car or have one lined up, fire all of them as fast as you can. You may use Laser Sight mod if you need help aiming.

Light Weight III - Deal out 300 light hits *

While going for the Bruiser challenge you will be accidently dealing tons of light hits. This is extremely fast compared to the other challenges requiring you to ram people.

Master Exploder III - Explode a Mine with another Mine 50 times *

To do this, you must first find a mine and have one equipped yourself. Now press forward :ls: and :abut:. This will fire the Mine forward and if aimed right will blow the other one up. If you are having trouble, in a Motor Mash event find a Mine spawn. Now keep getting them, shooting forward twice to blow your own up. They still count!

Nitro Ram III - Nitro ram 50 cars *

To Nitro ram a car, just Nitro right when you are behind a car during a race. You can get this a lot easier on a Motor Mash event. Just keep getting the spawns and smash into people using your Battering Ram mod. You should be stacking this with the other challenges involving hitting people.

Bully III - Bully 20 cars *

Bullying a car will most likely come naturally. If you hit an enemy multiple times with power-ups, and haven't been hitting a lot of other cars, it will count as a bully. In a race if you're last place, most likely you'll be bullying the car in front of you because it's all you can shoot. In Motor Mash you can get this is you just pay attention to your rival.

Cause and Effect III - Hit 5 cars with one Barge

Getting this in a race will be easiest if you grab a Barge fast enough while cars are still together. It's also best to do this while in a very sharp turn, as most cars will be hitting the wall.

Punisher III - Wreck 15 cars during a Ranked Event

The easiest way to wreck cars is in a Motor Mash event. This is going to be one of the hardest challenges in the game, as it is asking you to wreck all of the cars in only one event. It's not only skill based, but luck based as well. Anyone getting this will be either extremely good or extremely luck, but overall will need to be both.

Retribution III - Perform 5 revenge attacks during a Ranked Event *(You must get this challenge done in order to gain the achievement)

A revenge attack is when someone damages you, you damage them back before either one of you are hit by another racer. This is extremely easy to get, and you will most likely get this without trying. This must be done in one match.

Rivalry III - Wreck Your rival 50 times

Your rival is the last person who wrecked you. It starts of randomly of course at the start of a match. Rivals are available in Motor Mash events. They have a red arrow above their car indicated which one they are. They also have their info on the left of your screen in the HUD with how much life they have. Just try to go for them whenever you see them around.

Wrecking Ball III - Wreck 200 cars

You should get a lot of these along the way with doing the other challenges. Just keep playing until you get this, it's more of a grind.

Edited by Tyger7

Daily Challenges: 16 Challenges

These challenges must be obtained within the day you are playing in. You can get at least 50% of them within a few hours of play if not less. They will reset the following day. I believe they base this the days on when you unlocked this challenge set. If you unlocked it at 9 P.M., the next time it resets will be the following 9 P.M.). The challenges with stars next to them are the ones I suggest.

Face Plant - Crash into 100 cars *

You should get this pretty fast, anytime you and another car collide (except if they hit your from behind or the side) it will count.

Hard day’s work - Win 5 races in a day

You can either win races or Motor Mash events. It's easiest to win Motor Mash events using the Mastermine mod. If you're pretty good at racing this should come naturally, as you only have to be in 1st-3rd.

Overtake - Overtake 100 cars in a day *

As you race, you will move past cars and overtake them without trying. Enough races in a day, and this will come naturally.

Participant - Finish 20 races in a day *

Come in last place if you want, all you have to do is be there. Go for a break for a while and come back, and all the races that transpired will count (as long as not everyone quit of course).

Pied piper - Earn the most fans in a 20 player race

You must be in a match with 20 people, and gain more fans from them through style points. Even getting first place will not gurantee you this challenge. The hard part is finding a 20 player match you can actually achieve this. You almost might as well forget about this one unless you're very good. Be sure to have Fan Favorite and Showy Flourish mods if you are attempting this.

Demolitions expert - Wreck 50 cars in a day

Just wreck 50 cars, extremely fast if you play Motor Mash events. If you a good setup, use the Iron Fist,, Decoy Drop, and Mastermine mods. This should help with damage to get finishing blows.

Distance - Drive a total of 150 miles in day

You get this over time as you play. It comes a lot faster with racing, but if you're doing lots of Motor Mash events trying to get other challenges complete, you may get this as well.

Hoarder - Pick up 500 power ups in a single day *

You'll get this going for other challenges. Playing Monster Mash will really help here. You can stop by a few power-ups and continue getting/using them if you really want.

Aggressive personality - Hit 250 cars with power-ups *

With the Hoarder challenge, you should be getting a decent amount of hits along the way. If you use Bolt, it will only count as 1 hit, even if you blast all three into the car, unless you wait out the combo that's going on.

Car crazy - Use 30 different cars in a single day

If you continue to switch your cars during every match (minimum 30 matches played) you will get this. You should have 30 cars by the time this challenge set opens up.

Chain reaction - Achieve a 10x combo

This is an extremely hard challenge. You might get lucky getting it, but if trying, you may get frusterated. On the top right of your screen HUD you will see a fan with a heart by him. It fills up when you use your power-ups in success. For example let's say you have a Shunt, Barge, and Repair. If you Shunted an enemy (1x), used Barged next to two cars around you (2x) and had to Repair from the damages going on (1x) you would have a 4x combo. You have hardly any time to continue this combo, as it drops the longer you wait. A really lucky Barge on tons of enemies in a race as well a few other fast actions might help. Motor Mash might be your best bet, otherwise don't even try for this.

Hat trick – Win 3 races in a row

Pretty self explanatory, but you have to have a winning streak of 3, which means you must place in 1st. Motor Mash and Mastermine mod will really help this.

Head in the clouds – Spend 10 seconds in the air *

Don't worry, this isn't all at once. It is a combined effort within all your races. Very easy!

Well traveled - Visit each country in the game *

You must race in each country at least once (USA, Japan, Spain, England). The game does not tell you where exactly the locations are. I will help.

--USA Locations: Amboy, Hollywood Hills, LA Docks, LA Downtown, LA River, NY Dumbo, San Fran Russian Hill, San Fran Sausalito

--England Locations: Brighton, Hackney,

--Spain Locations: Barcelona Gracia, Barcelona Oval,

--Japan Locations: Mount Haruna, Tokyo Shutoko.

Style - Perform 500 scoring moves *

A scoring move, is anything you do that adds to your fanbase. This includes a ton of different things, you'll get this easily going for the various challenges.

Edited by Tyger7

Specialist: 15 Challenges

These challenges are focused on one different element. Some of them are for Power-Ups, but I suggest going for the Mods instead as they are much easier. The challenges with the star next to them are the ones I suggest.

Afterburner - Win a race using only Nitro

You will have to win an entire race only using Nitro. The good news is that you can get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. This is extremely hard unless you get into first place right away and stay ahead of the other races. My advice is to join games with a low amount of people (1-10 player match). Wait around and keep playing until a lot of them quit out. If you're lucky you'll have only 3 players total with you included. Let the other racers win, while you stay in a comfortable last place using only the Nitro. You only have a match or two for easy settings like this, and eventually more will join the session agian.

Backwards Thinking - Win a race using only backwards attacks

You will have to win an entire race only using backwards fired attacks. The good news is that you can get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. This is extremely hard unless you get into first place right away and stay ahead of the other races. My advice is to join games with a low amount of people (1-10 player match). Wait around and keep playing until a lot of them quit out. If you're lucky you'll have only 3 players total with you included. Let the other racers win, while you stay in a comfortable last place, making sure to fire something backwards at least once (you do not have to hit anyone). You only have a match or two for easy settings like this, and eventually more will join the session agian.

Barge Specialist - Win using only Barge for 1 race

You will have to win an entire race only using Barge. The good news is that you can get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. This is extremely hard unless you get into first place right away and stay ahead of the other races. My advice is to join games with a low amount of people (1-10 player match). Wait around and keep playing until a lot of them quit out. If you're lucky you'll have only 3 players total with you included. Let the other racers win, while you stay in a comfortable last place, making sure to use Barge at least once (you do not have to hit anyone). You only have a match or two for easy settings like this, and eventually more will join the session agian.

Bolt Specialist - Win using only Bolt for 1 race

You will have to win an entire race only using Bolt. The good news is that you can get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. This is extremely hard unless you get into first place right away and stay ahead of the other races. My advice is to join games with a low amount of people (1-10 player match). Wait around and keep playing until a lot of them quit out. If you're lucky you'll have only 3 players total with you included. Let the other racers win, while you stay in a comfortable last place using only the Bolt attack (you do not have to hit anyone). You only have a match or two for easy settings like this, and eventually more will join the session agian.

Jumper - Perform 3 Nitro jumps in a single race *

To get this to count, there must be a ramp or an obvious jump in the course. Amboy has a few easy to notice ramps. You must use Nitro before the ramp starts for this to count, not after.

Mine Specialist - Win using only Mines for 1 race

You will have to win an entire race only using Mines. The good news is that you can get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. This is extremely hard unless you get into first place right away and stay ahead of the other races. My advice is to join games with a low amount of people (1-10 player match). Wait around and keep playing until a lot of them quit out. If you're lucky you'll have only 3 players total with you included. Let the other racers win, while you stay in a comfortable last place using only the Mines (you do not have to hit anyone for this to count). You only have a match or two for easy settings like this, and eventually more will join the session agian.

Pacifist - Win a race without using any Power-ups

You will have to win an entire race only using...nothing. You cannot use a single Power-Up. The good news is that you can get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. This is extremely hard even if you get into first place right away and stay ahead of the other races. My advice is to join games with a low amount of people (1-10 player match). Wait around and keep playing until a lot of them quit out. If you're lucky you'll have only 3 players total with you included. Let the other racers win and make sure you don't use anything at all.

Adaptive Shielding III - Absorb 50 Power-ups with the Adaptive Shielding Mod *

Adaptive Shielding is in the orange mod section (2nd one). You must absorb an attack with the shield for these to count. An extremely easy way is to get a shield and find a Mine. Shoot the Mine ahead of you, activate the shield, and run into it.

Battering Ram III - Hit 100 cars with the Battering Ram Mod *

This is located in the yellow mod section (2nd one). With it on, ram cars using Nitro if you want, and this will come along very fast.

Deceiver III - Hit 50 drivers with Decoy Drops *

This is the last mod available in the orange mods. Once you pick up any power-up, hit the :ybut: to drop it. It will turn into an explosive power-up. You can only lay one of these down at a time. Any time you drop one, it erases any others. This is really easy in any game mode you play. The best way to get these is to drop one in the exact location you just picked up that power-up.

Drifter - Earn 50 Nitros using the Drifter Mod

The Drifter mod is the second to last mod available in the yellow mod menu. You must do a Super Drift in order to gain the Nitro. This is extremely hard to do. Your best bet is to use a car that's drifty and play, turning corners without hitting any buttons as they drift by themselves. I found Hollywood Hills to be the absolute best area, gaining sometimes 3 a race.

Mastermine III - Trigger 50 Mines using the Mastermine Mod *

You should get this while going for other challenges in the Demolition set. It's the third to last mod you can earn in the green mod menu. Any time you see a Mine, drive in it's glowing outer shell (not hitting the dark orange sphere in the middle) and it will turn into 4 mini Mines. You turn yours or an enemies Mine into these and they all count for you. This is best done in Motor Mash, where you can constantly drive over Mines. Set them, back up a tiny bit until you trigger the mine, then pull forward. You can also shoot them ahead of you and do it that way.

Road Sweeper III – Collect 300 Power-Ups with the Magnetic Field Mod *

This is a very easy challenge. Magnetic Field is the the second to last mod available in the orange mod menu. Just throw it on and race or do Monster Mash. Every power-up you grab counts.

Scrambler III - Scramble 100 cars with the Scrambler Mod *

Scrambler is the 5th mod available in the orange mod menu. With this active, any time you shoot a power-up backwards, it disables them from using their own power-ups for a short while. It's best to use Bolts for this.

Stealth III - Overtake 100 cars while invisible using the Silent Running Mod

Silent Running is the last mod available (as well as the last mod you will earn) in the green mod menu. Your car will go invisible after driving for a few seconds. You cannot hit anything or use any powerups while you are invisible, or you will appear again and have to drive some more until it triggers again. The hard part is driving past the cars without them slamming into you by accident or hitting you with power-ups they mean for someone else. The other part is hoping it counts when you pass them while invisible.

Last Gasp III - Hit 15 cars using the Last Gasp Mod *

Last Gasp is the second to last in the green mod menu. You have to be wrecked and hit :abut: while still in control of your vehicle. You get 10 seconds to activate your detonation before you are officially wrecked. This is best done in Moter Mash, as you're getting attacked very often.

Edited by Tyger7

Ace: 15 Challenges

Here you will find some extremely hard challenges, and also a few really easy ones. The challenges with the stars next to them are my suggested challenges.

Choose One - Fire 6 reverse Bolts, landing with each shot while driving fast *

I am not sure what driving fast means exactly, but you are normally driving pretty fast anyways. Grab 2 or 3 bolt power-ups and wihle there is a car behind you, rapidly press :abut: firing at least 6 and getting hits with each one. This might be better off in a race, and doing it when in a part of the track that isn't very wide.

Extremely Extreme - Jump 150 meters in a single jump *

You must find a jump that looks like it goes pretty high.

FLT - Maintain 225mph for 5 seconds

This sounds easy, but it's not. You will have to have 3 Nitro power-ups and be on a straightaway, with an A class car. Since this is online, you will be fighting your way to get this unless you stay behind everyone for a minute, in order to avoid confrontation.

High Slider - Drift 175 meters or more in a single drift *

Using an extremely drifty car, play races or Motor Mash trying to drift, completing almost 360 degrees. You will probably get this on accident!

Quick Draw - Wreck 3 cars in 5 seconds

This is almost all luck based, as other cars are shooting and getting wrecks as well. Motor Mash will be the easiest, but there really is nothing easy about this.

Tearaway - Finish at least 30 seconds ahead of 2nd place

Your best bet is a low amount of really bad racers. This is very hard to do. After you finish first, basically nobody behind you can finish. You will have to get a very low amount of people for this to even be possible. Good luck!

Ultimate Comeback - Get into 1st place, then last, then win the race * (This is one of the challenges you must do in order to gain the achievement)

This is another challenge that is better off with a low amount of people. Three or four racers is perfect for this. If you're really trying, get low placed in a race so that you get placed in first or second the next round. Now get to the start line, and slow down so everyone passes you. Now race like normal and hope you manage a first!

Skeet Shooter - Wreck an airborne player *

Using a Bolt on someone (or a Shunt if you're fast enough) ahead of you while you are both in the air doing a jump works best. Bully a player to low health and try to wreck the car when it's airborne. You don't have to be in the air but it's likely to happen that way. Most likely, you'll get this not trying.

Aim to Please III - Earn 1000 fans in 30 seconds

If you get this challenge, tell me how. My only assumption is a very high paced game of Motor Mash. You will have to somehow manage a huge combo (10x perhaps) and wreck a few cars at the same time getting tons of style points. Possibly the hardest challenge!

Unguarded III - Complete 5 races without using a Shield *

Very easy, just don't use a Shield. If you pick one up, drop it. You might as well do this all in a row. Stack this with Thick Skin.

Thick Skin III - Complete 5 races without using a Repair *

Very easy, just don't use a Repair. If you pick one up, drop it. You might as well do this all in a row. Stack this with Unguarded.

Untouchable III - Take no damage for 5 races *

Stay in the very back and let everyone go ahead of you before the start line. Now finish the race sitting comfortably in the back, grabbing shields galore in case anything comes from the front.

Rampage III - Wreck 10 opponents in a race without being Wrecked yourself

Wrecking 10 opponents without being wrecked in one event is extremely hard! Wrecking them even being wrecked yourself is hard by itself.

Sidewinder III - Drift into 500 power-ups

When picking up power-ups, if you're drifting while you grab them it will count. You'll get some of these as you go, but don't expect to get them fast unless you make a solid effort.

Elf Eyes III - Score 100 Long Shot Bolt hits *

A car must be a good distance away when you shoot a bolt for this to count. It can be reverse or forward. You'll get these naturally, and should be used to seeing "Long Shot" on your screen while shooting bolts. Remember, the combo has to go away for it to count again on the same car!

Edited by Tyger7

Great Challenge Guide Tyger!

This will surely help out many players whom are having problems with these challenges. Nice. Simple. Clean :)

Vampiress I played against you a few times in my multiple player run, you're very good at this game.

Also if anyone finds any grammar errors please notify me! I would love to correct them.

I got sooooo close to that Ultimate Comback challenege today..was in a Skirmish Race with only 3 other players, I hit first place, then hanged back for a few seconds so they all passed me, then luckily got up to first place again but then some dick behind me shunted my ass and I finished 2nd..man this is like the worse challenge ever!

People say you can boost this challenege with like 4 people, how exactly?

Vampiress I played against you a few times in my multiple player run, you're very good at this game.

Also if anyone finds any grammar errors please notify me! I would love to correct them.

Thank you! I remember playing against you in Motor Mash here and there myself. Me and my friends were actually getting a kick out of your gamertag at the time along with a few friends, saying "Tyger Shot!"

(lol) We've played far too much SSFIV on that day alone. Anyhow, I'll read through the whole guide later on today and see if I spot any errors. I won't be able to do so as of now.

Nice playing with you!

Get a mate and when you search for a game choose local server, thats what i did with a mate and we got given a room by ourselves, but the only mode that starts with 2 players is skirmish. Then just keep swapping the lead with you're mate, make sure you keep swapping as someteimes it don't work.

If there's a way to boost it I guess I could add that somewhere, just for people that would rather do that and get it out of the way.

Thank you! I remember playing against you in Motor Mash here and there myself. Me and my friends were actually getting a kick out of your gamertag at the time along with a few friends, saying "Tyger Shot!"

(lol) We've played far too much SSFIV on that day alone. Anyhow, I'll read through the whole guide later on today and see if I spot any errors. I won't be able to do so as of now.

Nice playing with you!

yeah I've gotten a lot of streetfighter jokes tossed at me while playing games.

Yeah I would appreciate if you found any errors, thanks a ton, hopefully it won't be a lot.

yeah I've gotten a lot of streetfighter jokes tossed at me while playing games.

Yeah I would appreciate if you found any errors, thanks a ton, hopefully it won't be a lot.

Street Fighter jokes are amazing!

Okay, so I've read through your guide and I've noticed a bunch of errors. How would you like for me to correct them? Should I just quote each section one by one and correct the errors / fill in any words if I have any for you? Or do you want me to underline each error that I spotted? (preferably in a quote as well).

Hey tyger for the Aim To Please challenge i think like you said that the only way is to get it is through the 10x combo so i would suggest probably powered up racing with at least 16 people in the race so you can group up and then make sure you have Barge right at the start so you can easily get it. That is my thought since i havent unlocked that set of challenges yet

Good job though

Street Fighter jokes are amazing!

Okay, so I've read through your guide and I've noticed a bunch of errors. How would you like for me to correct them? Should I just quote each section one by one and correct the errors / fill in any words if I have any for you? Or do you want me to underline each error that I spotted? (preferably in a quote as well).

I feared that statement :)

Just copy/past each sentence with an error and color the error red (or underline). Really appreciate it!

Get a mate and when you search for a game choose local server, thats what i did with a mate and we got given a room by ourselves, but the only mode that starts with 2 players is skirmish. Then just keep swapping the lead with you're mate, make sure you keep swapping as someteimes it don't work.

Ok cheers ill try that then but seeing as I am from the Europe, its gonna be near impossible to find a game by myself seeing as theres allways loads of people playing :/

• 4 weeks later...

I need the challenge to, and I have someone on my friends list to do it, but you need 4 people... as you need to join an empty 4-20 match, as the 2-10 matches are always filled with players.

We could get into a lobby by ourselves but the game wouldnt start untill we had 2 more players...

If your up for it just message me on 360 live... sL x 6Tink9z...

PS.. i nearly had it in a popular community match just... got to first, got to 20th, and finshed 3rd... GRRRRR

• 4 weeks later...
Afterburner - Win a race using only Nitro

You will have to win an entire race only using Nitro. The good news is that you can get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. This is extremely hard unless you get into first place right away and stay ahead of the other races. My advice is to join games with a low amount of people (1-10 player match). Wait around and keep playing until a lot of them quit out. If you're lucky you'll have only 3 players total with you included. Let the other racers win, while you stay in a comfortable last place using only the Nitro. You only have a match or two for easy settings like this, and eventually more will join the session agian.

I got both the Afterburner and Bolt Specialist challenges by simply finishing a race and using only Nitro/Bolt. In both races, there were 5 cars (including me) and I finished fifth in both instances. I get the idea that all of these Specialist challenges related to using one type of powerup don't require you to win (or finish top-3) at all. I think they only require you to finish the race.