Is Blackops Worth it?

zalamorph

Its not worth it IMO.. At 1st everything is great. But you soon get bored of it. Plus unless your have 10mb plus broadband, it lags like hell all too often.

BO weapons killstreaks and perks are more balanced than MW2's. but its just missing something that i cant put my finger on. I dont know whats missing but it just doesnt have for want of a better word, the X factor. And MW2 did.

I have to say I kind of agree with you. It was the same when I had MW2 for the first week or 2. That "OMG This game is amazing" reaction you say because it's got all these new features and you just expect it to be awesome because it's call of duty. Sadly, I feel Call of Duty as a franchise is getting a bit stale.

I also agree about the x factor that MW2 had. We can all complain about the glitches, mods, commando, OMA, tactical knife, etc etc but there was something about it that kept bringing me back, I eventually made it to 9th Prestige Lvl 70 before Black Ops.

Black Ops has the Balance and there aren't loads and loads of things I can complain about off the top of my head, but, I am starting to feel like it's not really all that fun and am getting a tad bored, sure I'll keep playing it but it just feels like I've done it all before.

Perhaps raining doom in objective modes with the stackable Harrier, Pavelow and AC-130 were actually what made MW2 fun, maybe running around with a riot shield or overpowered akimbo weapons, crazy shotguns and faster sniping (sniping that wasn't a chore) actually helped in making it a fun game to play.

I'm just not entirely sure about Black Ops any more. It's got a great campaign, zombies maps are average at best, granted, the multiplayer is full of customization and fixes from previous CoD games and my favourite new feature is definitely the emblem creator, that is awesome! But overall I'm not sure whether I'd pay full price for this if I had the choice.

Edited by Dr Popodopolus

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people just whine that because they can't get ACR kills with the weapons on BO that BO sucks and MW2 is better. No. You're wrong, it isn't. You just need skill to play Black Ops. So if you have any of that, you'll welcome Black Ops with open arms :)

It's just the ones that miss their overpowered weapons that say this game sucks.

I say this game sucks and I don't suck or use overpowered weapons.

In a Word: YES.

Black Ops > modern warfare 2 times 100.

1. Better Sound Quality
  2. Not some Hollywood Drama Storyline in the Campaign, its actually believable.
  3. Weapons and Killstreaks are Very Balanced
  4. Weapons Actually Have Recoil
  5. No One man Army
  6. No Ridiculous Killstreaks
  7. No Ridiculous weapons
  8. The Maps Actually take thought and strategy
  9. You can't run around like a headless chicken, hipfiring with any given weapon and win a game
  10. Zombies
  11. Dead Ops
  12. Did I mention that Weapons have Recoil?

Black Ops is just Better, Hands Down.

Oh and for the record, I play on a Long Range Wireless Connection thats less than 1mb, and I Rarely Lag, Just as I rarely Lagged in World at War.

Edited by ZingZitang

i say get it. Single player was awesome, deep story and really engaging. Veteran sucks tho with come places having infinite respawning enemies, made me quit and just continue beating the game on Hardened. MP im really starting to enjoy tho. I like the fact that if a few buddies just wanna go at it, we can do it in MP combat training instead of playing with idiots. And then we can go full blown into team deathmatches when we DO wanna play with others. Also this game in MP is 100% more enjoyable when you have your own friends in party who can only hear and talk to each other.

I was making a valid point. Theres no need to act like an immature little child.

I agree it's valid. The Lag isn't related to bandwidth, it'll be related to something to do with their matchmaking and online code. As long as you have sufficient bandwidth (and it's a surprisingly small number) then any increase yields no added benefit. I don't know exactly what causes the lag, we'll call it "Luck" for now.

I agree with the WoW factor thing too. I just feel like there is something missing that would make it brilliant rather than just really good. Maybe that is to be found in Wager match (I've played a few but never invested the time) but I don't know.

In a Word: YES.

Black Ops > modern warfare 2 times 100.

1. Better Sound Quality
  2. Not some Hollywood Drama Storyline in the Campaign, its actually believable.
  3. Weapons and Killstreaks are Very Balanced
  4. Weapons Actually Have Recoil
  5. No One man Army
  6. No Ridiculous Killstreaks
  7. No Ridiculous weapons
  8. The Maps Actually take thought and strategy
  9. You can't run around like a headless chicken, hipfiring with any given weapon and win a game
  10. Zombies
  11. Dead Ops
  12. Did I mention that Weapons have Recoil?

Black Ops is just Better, Hands Down.

Oh and for the record, I play on a Long Range Wireless Connection thats less than 1mb, and I Rarely Lag, Just as I rarely Lagged in World at War.

I'm not a black ops hater but i stopped reading your post at "1. better sound quality"

BO IMO is a good game, but it has its problems. Like every game does.

IMO BO is missing somthing special that MW2 has. When i got MW2 i wanted to play it all the time. Even through the terrible glitches that were eventually patched. But i dont get that feeling with BO. In fact its starting to bore me a little. Im not saying its a bad game or anything. Its actually quite good and seems like the most balanced CoD game since CoD4. But its missing the "WOW factor", the "x factor" a certain "je na se qua"

Edited by Deadly Moves

1. Better Sound Quality Maybe, it doesn't matter to me as long as it doesn't suck.
  2. Not some Hollywood Drama Storyline in the Campaign, its actually believable. Doesn't matter to me, I only play for achievements.
  3. Weapons and Killstreaks are Very Balanced That may be true, but balanced doesn't mean fun.
  4. Weapons Actually Have Recoil Good.
  5. No One man Army Awesome.
  6. No Ridiculous Killstreaks Cool.
  7. No Ridiculous weapons Good.
  8. The Maps Actually take thought and strategy Better.
  9. You can't run around like a headless chicken, hipfiring with any given weapon and win a game. AK-74u with steady aim. I see a lot of that.
  10. Zombies Love it.
  11. Dead Ops Don't care.
  12. Did I mention that Weapons have Recoil? Good.

Just my opinion on that, not flaming. Although, I do have a list that is just as long as to why MW2 is better than Black Ops.

1. Better Sound Quality. You can't hear any gameplay sounds clearly just gun fire.
  2. Not some Hollywood Drama Storyline in the Campaign, its actually believable. I played the campaign twice and I still don't get it.
  3. Weapons and Killstreaks are Very Balanced. G11? RC?
  4. Weapons Actually Have Recoil. Commando?
  5. No Ridiculous Killstreaks. RC?
  6. No Ridiculous weapons G11?
  7. The Maps Actually take thought and strategy. If you say so.
  8. You can't run around like a headless chicken, hipfiring with any given weapon and win a game. Hipfire is more accurate then ADS for the most part at med-close range.
  9. Zombies
  10. Dead Ops. Really...you are grasping at straws.
  11. Did I mention that Weapons have Recoil? Did I mention the commando?

MW2 is more fun, Hands Down.

Edited with my views.

1. Better Sound Quality No chance. The sounds got patched the other day and its still broken. Footsteps are way too loud
  2. Not some Hollywood Drama Storyline in the Campaign, its actually believable. It doesnt even make sence. And has too many set pieces and overly long cutscenes

3. Weapons and Killstreaks are Very Balanced On the whole there pretty balanced.

4. Weapons Actually Have Recoil M16, Commando, G11 dont

5. No One man Army And...?
  6. No Ridiculous Killstreaks RC, Blackbird and Gunship

7. No Ridiculous weapons True
  8. The Maps Actually take thought and strategy LOLZ
  9. You can't run around like a headless chicken, hipfiring with any given weapon and win a game. Yes you can. Ive had some of my best games while working towards Steady Aim Pro

10. Zombies They broke it by making it harder

11. Dead Ops Nothing special

12. Did I mention that Weapons have Recoil? Not all of em

On the whole, MW is a better game and more fun to play

1. Better Sound Quality No chance. The sounds got patched the other day and its still broken. Footsteps are way too loud

2. Not some Hollywood Drama Storyline in the Campaign, its actually believable. It doesnt even make sence. And has too many set pieces and overly long cutscenes

3. Weapons and Killstreaks are Very Balanced On the whole there pretty balanced.

9. You can't run around like a headless chicken, hipfiring with any given weapon and win a game. Yes you can. Ive had some of my best games while working towards Steady Aim Pro

Well the first MW was better, but this one is the best since. MW2 was a broken disappointment to people who actually play legit. Also you should finish the campaign before saying to makes no since, it makes complete since. Zombies being broke because its harder that's a joke.

Edited by Tha Mantis

Edited with my views.

Agreed with you too...although it's pretty funny how some people take their opionion and try and state it like it's fact.

Agreed with you too...although it's pretty funny how some people take their opionion and try and state it like it's fact.

Like when people say MW2 was broken and only a legit player would agree with them?

I can't even be bothered with that line any more. Just wait till the next CoD is released and remember when you're saying "Black Ops was just broken, new CoD is much better" that you sound like an idiot to anyone who cares to remember.

Yeah the AI does not camp...it is very awesome. Plus I get to make fun of people on my friends list when I kill them and they are always like "what are you talking about?"

Not only do the AI not camp, they will also continuously run outside even when you are raining down hell from above with a Chopper Gunner. It's very convenient! :p

Like when people say MW2 was broken and only a legit player would agree with them?

I can't even be bothered with that line any more. Just wait till the next CoD is released and remember when you're saying "Black Ops was just broken, new CoD is much better" that you sound like an idiot to anyone who cares to remember.

So true...bottom line the community is broken.

Not only do the AI not camp, they will also continuously run outside even when you are raining down hell from above with a Chopper Gunner. It's very convenient! :p

LOL they just keep running under the chopper gunner...it's so funny. I also like how when you shoot them they stop running and turn right at you.