Best Load Out?

MerkinOvertime

I searched the few pages for a Load Out thread but didnt find one. I hope I didnt miss it somewhere.

Anyways, I just got Bastion and I'm almost Level 5 so I'm pretty much just rocking the Dueling Pistols and the War Machete at this point. I obviously don't have all the weapons yet since there are only 11 or so vigils to do. But when I do get all the weapons what is the optimum combo?

And if you have any potion advice throw that in there too.

I was using the dual pistols, and I have a turbo controller so it was hilarious firing so fast xD

I liked using the shotgun more though!

I don't remember if it was the machete or the hammer that gets Armor Penetration upgrade, so use either.

Overall the game is really easy so you can do it with whatever you like the most.

The spirit that lets you carry 5 waters was nice as well.

I searched the few pages for a Load Out thread but didnt find one. I hope I didnt miss it somewhere.

Anyways, I just got Bastion and I'm almost Level 5 so I'm pretty much just rocking the Dueling Pistols and the War Machete at this point. I obviously don't have all the weapons yet since there are only 11 or so vigils to do. But when I do get all the weapons what is the optimum combo?

And if you have any potion advice throw that in there too.

At the moment I'm using the machete and the dual pistols, they are the fastest weapons in the game for me.

Obviously to each their own, but I used the Army Carbine, Brusher's Pike and had the Breaching Bullet special. I loved hitting a stationary enemy with the Breaching Bullet and luring the other enemies beside it as it blew up.

Might try the fully powered Repeater though. But I just beat it for the second time, may take a break from it.

• 5 months later...

Cael Hammer is too beastly to ever leave my side, plus pair it with the Scrap Musket and you are extremely dangerous up close to just under long range. Plus the maxxed out Scrap Musket takes care of groups of enemies amazingly well. As for specials i never really got into them, so i generally stuck with the grenades and whenever something of high priority showed up I spammed it.

Like those big green things that spawn the little spikey fuckers.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Dueling Pistols and either the Lance or the Machete. Used the Squirt Lure for the first half of the game, then switched over to the Slinger Storm. Combine that with the Wild Powder upgrade (bullets ricochet) and the Armor Eating Rounds, and you can clear a room in a hurry.

• 8 months later...
I might have different strategy playing the game, but I like the musket and pike. I played through twice and those were the two I used the most.

I like to destroy everything to get as many points as possible, the musket does a good job of destroying a wide range.

I found this best.musket plus pike, with scrap shot secret skill.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...