how do you get S ranks?

goodwood9999

for multipliers, any main weapon that has lock on,

for ray's (the red ones) tap where the enemy wave is about to appear constantly, or swipe if you know the exact number that is due

for lightening (either vision or the other one, roar?) hold where the waves are due to arrive

with either of those weapons it should be fairly easy to get over a 150 multiplier on stage 1 / 2....after that you may notice some gaps are too large to maintain a combo through

general combo hints, learn the enemy patterns, learn the timing of each wave, then you know when you need to be "slow" on a wave etc....i've had 180 + using the homing ray as a main weapon, don't bother with secondaries, they are shit

now for ranking help...this is where i'm useless.....you need to ....

take 0 damage (or have just continued - bonus for each life left at end of stage)

kill as close to all enemies on the level as possible

finish the boss A.S.A.P.

in all honesty, there is little point trying for S ranks before you are happy with your knowledge of the game, and your setup...also being over level 8 (every 2 levels you get a life boost, think at level 8 you have 11 lives...that makes a large bonus)

story missions are easy to S rank, the mission missions are a tad harder, being the 2nd loop of most levels etc....not looking forward to trying for hero of draco, no miss all 5 TRUE bosses in a row...

for multipliers, any main weapon that has lock on,

for ray's (the red ones) tap where the enemy wave is about to appear constantly, or swipe if you know the exact number that is due

for lightening (either vision or the other one, roar?) hold where the waves are due to arrive

with either of those weapons it should be fairly easy to get over a 150 multiplier on stage 1 / 2....after that you may notice some gaps are too large to maintain a combo through

general combo hints, learn the enemy patterns, learn the timing of each wave, then you know when you need to be "slow" on a wave etc....i've had 180 + using the homing ray as a main weapon, don't bother with secondaries, they are shit

now for ranking help...this is where i'm useless.....you need to ....

take 0 damage (or have just continued - bonus for each life left at end of stage)

kill as close to all enemies on the level as possible

finish the boss A.S.A.P.

in all honesty, there is little point trying for S ranks before you are happy with your knowledge of the game, and your setup...also being over level 8 (every 2 levels you get a life boost, think at level 8 you have 11 lives...that makes a large bonus)

story missions are easy to S rank, the mission missions are a tad harder, being the 2nd loop of most levels etc....not looking forward to trying for hero of draco, no miss all 5 TRUE bosses in a row...

Is S rank solely based on your score? I am not sure because some of the skill unlock requirements are mentioned in rank and others in score. It seems stupid if rank is actually based on score to list them in that way?

If however rank is based on score, then just improve all the things that go into score...which you can see in the score tally screen after each mission.

Read what I said properly...

Its not just kills, but also time & lives left. for the bosses, only time counts, as anything other than the boss isn't actually an enemy (see stats screen after - kills 1/1)

to get the full set of kills on normal levels you have to be pretty damn fast and know where things are comin from

• 2 months later...
It seems that 90% kills or higher will get you s rank no matter what your points are

90% is true. Nothing else matters just kill 90% of the enemies and S rank is yours. I added using the purple chain skill to really help kill enemies quickly. Underground was my hardest with only 504 available to kill you need 454 to S rank. I obtained 458, again chain skill made a huge difference with plasma as my main weapon.

90% is true. Nothing else matters just kill 90% of the enemies and S rank is yours. I added using the purple chain skill to really help kill enemies quickly. Underground was my hardest with only 504 available to kill you need 454 to S rank. I obtained 458, again chain skill made a huge difference with plasma as my main weapon.

Purple chain skill (did you mean lightning vision, right?) can be useful to achieve the S rank for missions at level normal (better if you use plasma ray as secondary weapon to kill more faster the dragons that sometimes appears), but at the mission of TRUE difficulty, plasma ray is the best weapon to get S rank and, generally speaking, to achieve the most of the skills: lightnins vision/roar takes too long time to kills dragons that appears during the level.. :D

Purple chain skill (did you mean lightning vision, right?) can be useful to achieve the S rank for missions at level normal (better if you use plasma ray as secondary weapon to kill more faster the dragons that sometimes appears), but at the mission of TRUE difficulty, plasma ray is the best weapon to get S rank and, generally speaking, to achieve the most of the skills: lightnins vision/roar takes too long time to kills dragons that appears during the level.. :D

Ok I looked it up. I meant chain bind, under action skills. Can be equipped in the 3rd weapon tier. It just shoots out lasers in all directions to help clear out some of the crowded areas. I used the first one so it uses less will power and it still provided just enough assistance to kill everything on screen.