Difficulty compared to older games?

Hey guys,

I just got this yesterday as a gift, and I was wondering what to expect difficulty-wise compared to older games. I played AC04:SS to death on my PS2 "back in the day", and got to the point where I could get an S ranking on Hard regularly, so I'd welcome a challenge.

Thanks!

________

Ferrari f1/87 specifications

Edited by fuzzy510

This is the first Ace Combat game I've ever played, and it seems insanely hard to me. I can't get past mission 2 with the bombers. They keep saying to take them out, which I'm doing, but then they say whatever-city is almost completely destroyed, and I can't even find the ones I'm supposed to be shooting down. Is there a way to set my target for the bombers? It keeps selecting stuff that I don't want.

This is the first Ace Combat game I've ever played, and it seems insanely hard to me. I can't get past mission 2 with the bombers. They keep saying to take them out, which I'm doing, but then they say whatever-city is almost completely destroyed, and I can't even find the ones I'm supposed to be shooting down. Is there a way to set my target for the bombers? It keeps selecting stuff that I don't want.

What difficulty are you doing it on? Press Y to target the bombers when they're within 47k feet. Your missiles will only lock when you're within 8200 feet though. Targets show up as red on your radar. It's pretty simple and straight-forward. Actually mission 2 is easier than mission 1.

• 5 weeks later...
What difficulty are you doing it on? Press Y to target the bombers when they're within 47k feet. Your missiles will only lock when you're within 8200 feet though. Targets show up as red on your radar. It's pretty simple and straight-forward. Actually mission 2 is easier than mission 1.

I'm a great fan of the seires and have played most of the others. This one seems a bit harder than the previouse but i'm glad of that because it was just far to easy. This is still not to hard, but better on harder levels.

;)