DLC - Quick Guide to Defeating Professor K (3 Turns)

DeZmonD88

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwmIzVBT1ic]YouTube - Lost Odyssey DLC - Defeating Professor K in 3 Turns[/ame]

This is a video of my level 8x party taking on Professor K in the 400ms Point DLC, Seeker of the Deep. At 108800 HP, this guy may seem like a pushover, but one bad choice, coupled with Professor K's resistance, defence and reflect will have your party sprawled on the floor in no time.

This punishing dungeon has no save points and you'll spend at least 30 minutes turn tailing your way back to get another shot at the little fella.

He may be harder than The Immortal One if you do not know what you're doing and get your party wiped out by Annihilation. Most people that beat him used the new DLC items like Accelerator (Reduce casting time 3) or Rose Quartz (Turn Cast).

These items are obtained from mini bosses you encounter in Random fights along the last 9 levels (16B to 24B). However, some people claim to never get these items (rare drop) even after 5 hours.

In this video, I will provide rough details on how to defeat Professor K in 3 Turns.

Minimum Requirements:

Level 80+ Immortals (At least 8000 HP)

The following skills:

Persistence

HP Boosting skills

Crisis Defence

Complete Defence

Level 8 White Magic

Level 8 Spirit Magic

Lucky 0 Magic Damage

Nullify all elements

Double Cast

Reduce Casting time 2

Mental Stability 2

Weapon Guard 2

Slot +5/Slot +10

Turn-tail

Before the fight, get your Immortals' HP down to 1 to 1000. You can do this by fighting Hellish Kelolons (Black Kelolons in 24B). Note that this must be done by 24B as there are no more random encounters after 24B. Attack these Kelolons normally and they will perform counters, usually taking your characters to near death. Use Complete Defence to keep low health characters alive and Turn Tail when all Immortals have yellow Hp.

Health Sed to full health and put him in the front row (so he will tank the few Forceus that Professor K casts) and the Immortals in the back row.

Equip Sed with the Curse Crest, Holy Guard and Quad-Element Seal.

Once the battle starts, just keep casting Reversa and hope for the best. If you're unlucky, Professor K will cast Reflect on his 2nd turn, meaning that your party will suffer 4 reflected Reversas hitting for about 40000 each. This is where Persistence pays off, if you have 2 HP or 860 HP, a 40000 reflected Reversa will only whack your HP down to 1. I took a big risk by taking 3 of my Immortals with 1 HP into the battle.

In total, I have faced Professor K 6 times. In the 4 times I failed against him it was always because my party or the majority of the party got wiped out. Sure you can use divide and complete defense but that means that your party can last only so many turns. Because Professor K always has Regenerus and Annihilation at his disposal, you will never be able to cover the 20400 HP he heals while ressurecting your party members who fall to Annihilation. This is definitely not a fight you can win if you play defensively and stretch it out.

Edited by DeZmonD88

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lifts at 5 level intervals, they will take you back to the top level where you can exit the dungeon and save. You cannot get back to the bottom using the lift though, you're gonna have to go through all 25 levels again.

great..bc i don't want to go through the entire dungeon every time i die in the boss battle..

great..bc i don't want to go through the entire dungeon every time i die in the boss battle..

Erm you're going to have to go through 25 levels to get to him if you choose to exit the DLC dungeon to save. Personally, I explored and opened all chests, exit and saved so that I could run through the entire dungeon on my 2nd way through.

Beat him first try. Kaim, Seth, and Ming all Level 99, Sarah was 97 and Sed was 87.

I did use your strategy, and it worked out well :) I didn't lose a single person. Plus I did it all at 2:30am this morning, checked leaderboards and was first to do so with ntsc console :p

SIDE NOTE:

The mini-bosses did NOT drop the new spells for me, which were reported to be random drops off them. Ugh... looks like ill be doing some grinding down there on the mini-bosses.

I checked www.mygamercard.net

you can check by country and by worldwide.

I noticed 2 people in Noth America who already had 1100G but as I swooped in to check their games played, they both had japanese region locked games, so they had NTSC-J consoles.

And yea I was sitting there spamming refresh to make sure I was first lol... (loserish i know)

Ok, I figure this would be the most appropriate topic that's already open to ask this question. Where's Spell Counter 2? I've found all of the new accessories (as reported by the Prima Guide and skill guides online) that have the new skills that are suppose to be in all the DLC with one exception, the accessory that has Spell Counter 2 (Illusionist Gauntlet), where is it?

Awesome guide. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post such a well put together plan and also showing the video. Heard this guy makes the immortal look like joke which he was since i beat him in 9 turns lol. Dezmond88 hats off to ya

I have what I think is an improvement on your strategy. After doing exactly what you posted 4 times and always failing by the tiniest amount I decided in round 2 he seem to always cast reflect.

So instead of casting reversa 8 times the first three people who hit in your party should cast flare then reversa, and the final person should double cast reversa. This makes the damage caused by reversa so small all your people should stay alive without Persistence kicking in. In the four times I fought and lost Kaim always died in the first round through a combination of forceus and reflect from a reversa.

By doing this you basically insure that your whole party will be intact to cast double reversas the next round regardless if he casts the kelo-cannon thing.

Yeah, it's true that it would help greatly if you cast reflect on yourself in the first turn. However, I have to ask, did you put the Immortals in the back row and Sed/Tolten in the front? Because a mortal with full HP should tank the Forceus.

Also, it would be much better to go into the battle with 2HP and not 1HP as you will make use of persistence.

I finally managed to beat him for the first time on my 3rd try, using Reversa and anticipating the "inevitable 2nd turn reflect"

Attempt 3:

I had 3 Immortals with 1Hp, Sarah at 3000HP and Sed at 5000Hp. Defeated him in 4 turns, casting 3 Flares (Reflected and Nulified by my party) casting Reversa all the way.

Attempt 4:

I wanted to save people from going through this dungeon multiple times, so I decided to do a quick video. Tried the same strategy with 4 Immortals at 1Hp and Tolten with full HP.

Turn 1: 8 Reversas hit

Turn 2: Anticipating reflect, I cast 3 flares and 8 reversas. I assume because he took a certain amount of damage, he did not cast reflect but instead kelotimate hit which killed Kiam and Seth.

Turn 3: At this point, he had recovered almost all his HP. So i started reviving Kiam and Seth while casting Reversa with Ming and Complete Defence on Tolten. Prof K casts Annihilation. Only Tolten survives.

Turn 4: I cast Self Sacrifice with Tolten. Prof K casts Kelocannon, 0 damage to Tolten.

Turn 5: Self Sacrifice works. Prof K casts Annihilation. Only Kiam survives.

Turn 6: I cast Self Sacrifice with Kiam. Prof K casts reflect.

Turn 7: I cast 3 flares, 1 Reversa and revive Kiam with Tolten. Seth uses Complete Defense. Prof K casts Annihilation and only Seth survives.

Turn 8: Self Sacrifice with Seth. Prof K casts Kelotimate hit, 0 damage to Seth.

Turn 9: I revive Seth and cast Reversas with the 3 Immortals. Prof K casts Annihilation. Game over.

Attempt 5:

Sed at full Hp with 4 Immortals at low HPs (1, 1, 500, 500)

I followed my previous attempt, casting flare. This time, Prof K didnt cast reflect and my flares didnt do enough damage. After 2 Annihilations, my party was wiped out.

Attempt 6:

Sed at full hp with 4 Immortals with 1 Hp

I cast reversa all the way. He did not use reflect on his second turn but cast generatus instead, suggesting (unconfirmed) that the AI realised it had lost too much HP to go on the offensive. I lose the battle because Kiam and Seth got killed by Forceus (they were in the front row) and I did not do enough damage to cover Prof K's regenerus.

Attempt 7:

What you have here now, Sed in the front row and Immortals in the back. I highly recommend you go into this battle with 2HP more as I got lucky when Kaim didn't die.

Edited by DeZmonD88

I beat him in my first try and it took me 2 hours in total..

I was prepared like this:

-Entire party at level 97-99

-Seth, Sarah and Ming down to 1 but restored health to 101 so they survive a hit. Kaim had still 5000 but I already tried for half an hour to take his health down but I never found a Black Kelolon and the other enemies only attacked the other members.

Round 1: Cast Reversa twice with every Immortal and once with Sed

Round 2: Professor K cast Reflect but every Immortal survived with 1 HP

Round 3: Sed healed two Immortals with the crappiest item back to 151 HP (just for safety) but the Reversa of the Immortals were enough to kill Professor K

Low HP is good but 1 is too low..

Edited by hoochli

He does cast Generatus as turn-move, albeit quite rarely.

And yes, 1 Hp is too low, you're much safer going into this battle with 2HP or more, but that could push the battle to 4 turns. From my 7 battles with Prof K. He almost definitely casts Annihilation on his 3rd or 4th turn. So that is one thing you guys better be prepared for.

I followed your guide and beat him in 3 turns but only 3 of the immortals attacked him with reversa while having only 1 hp each. lol Thats for the guide. Oh, does anyone have a list of all the accessories that you can get in the DLC pack?

Edited by Kioku

This is a very nice quick guide and is helping me greatly! Unfortunatly for me tho, he used reflect in rounds two and three and that just wiped me out (despite going in with immortals on 101hp, lol). Im gonna keep trying tho, just wish there was a save point/checkpoint a bit closer! nice guide

Edited by Chud 360
spelling