Why? Bungie. Why?

fax5jrj

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average age of console gamers is something around 30 these days. They have money to spend, they are the ones supporting these companies.

Developers, especially those who make M-rated games, don't care if it comes out just as school starts. The people the games are made for are (or at least should be) mature enough to balance games with the important stuff.

The average age of console gamers is something around 30 these days. They have money to spend, they are the ones supporting these companies.

Developers, especially those who make M-rated games, don't care if it comes out just as school starts. The people the games are made for are (or at least should be) mature enough to balance games with the important stuff.

Quoted for truth. Nobody gives a shit about "oh poor pitiful me, I can't play a wittle game because I have school, stupid parents not letting me stay home"

Here, have one of these:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc]YouTube- ‪Greatest freak out ever (ORIGINAL VIDEO)‬‎[/ame]

they release during school but also (reasonably) close to christmas, all those too young to buy it themselves or via the internet with parents who feel they should wait until christmas will. Also releasing in september avoids the rush of games such as Call of Duty.

Why does Bungie have to release it during school? I mean seriously, don't they want more people playing. I hope they know that they have >17 year-olds playing. I know 9 year-olds that play. School sucks. Why Bungie?

You think school sucks? Try finding the time to play possibly the best and biggest game in the Halo series made by Bungie when you're about to start your first year of College, where not only is in expensive, and that I could be kicked out if I drop below a D average, but I actually have to do work to get good grades.

Besides, September is a great time to release. It's right before the big Fall rush which helps with sales since people can't wait to buy new stuff. Plus it's also right after the Summer 'Drought' and since a lot of people are bored in the Summer, the first biggest release after the Summer 'Drought' will have a huge increased sale boost. And it's also not too far away from Christmas for those that can't buy it themselves(underage, no money, etc.) so it's released in the right time for people to begin those Christmas lists.

Trust me, I would love for it to be released sooner. That way, I'd actually be able to play it for a bit, but September seems to be a good month for Bungie, and its a great month from a business point of view.

Quite a few halo fans at my school will just stay home for like the whole week it is out.

I wouldnt mind staying home the day it comes put

however my parents never let me stay home even when im totally sick.

Anyways i know that it comes out i will be at school soo excited to get home and go get the disc.

You think school sucks? Try finding the time to play possibly the best and biggest game in the Halo series made by Bungie when you're about to start your first year of College, where not only is in expensive, and that I could be kicked out if I drop below a D average, but I actually have to do work to get good grades.

:whs

You think having to wait until you get home everyday is hard to do? I'm studying mechanical engineering. Try living on campus at university for 2 weeks at a time without your 360. I come home every 2 weeks and get two days to play games, and that's if I'm not studying for exams. When Halo 3 came out it took me 6 months to get through the game and the achievements, Reach won't be any different.

I've got my Legendary Edition on order, Amazon will send it to my home and it could be anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks before I even get to open it. But Halo isn't going to support my future family, it can and will wait, regardless of how badly I want to play it.

Elementary, middle, and high school is a joke. If you can't even handle that I don't want to know what will happen when you have to do some real work.

So the morale of the story is: Master Chief's posse will not be getting you grades, and will not be making you ill, and, legally, will not be yours.

of course this will not be the case as parents seem to laugh in the face of Make Believe Violence, meaning, inevitably, you will end up with your copy.

and if your complaining that you won't have time to play what with school and things, we have it bad to: its called a Job.

*sigh*

Wish i had a job XD killing the covenant will have to do ;)

:whs

You think having to wait until you get home everyday is hard to do? I'm studying mechanical engineering. Try living on campus at university for 2 weeks at a time without your 360. I come home every 2 weeks and get two days to play games, and that's if I'm not studying for exams. When Halo 3 came out it took me 6 months to get through the game and the achievements, Reach won't be any different.

I've got my Legendary Edition on order, Amazon will send it to my home and it could be anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks before I even get to open it. But Halo isn't going to support my future family, it can and will wait, regardless of how badly I want to play it.

Elementary, middle, and high school is a joke. If you can't even handle that I don't want to know what will happen when you have to do some real work.

I'm working on Electrical Engineering myself. I'm not too far into it yet so it's still pretty easy. So many of these kids think their life is soooo hard and they don't even know that they don't have a fucking clue yet.

Cry me a river. These games are rated 15+ so don't expect companies to recognise they have a sub-15 fan base. Even though most of Halo's core fans are whiny 12 year olds faking illness to stay home and play. Go to school and get an education, you'll regret not doing so when you're 25 and working in McDonalds.

Edited by Skepsis93

But Halo isn't going to support my future family, it can and will wait, regardless of how badly I want to play it.

Simply one of the most responsible lines ever spoken. You rock man!!!

Quite a few halo fans at my school will just stay home for like the whole week it is out.

I wouldnt mind staying home the day it comes put

however my parents never let me stay home even when im totally sick.

Anyways i know that it comes out i will be at school soo excited to get home and go get the disc.

You are the lucky one of the two. Your parents care and in 10 years your success in life, when you are the boss of those kids that skipped a week of school to play a stupid game, will be because of those parents that gave a shit.

Even though most of Halo's core fans are whiny 12 year olds faking illness to stay home and play. Go to school and get an education, you'll regret not doing so when you're 25 and working in McDonalds.

:goodpost

I agree. My son can play when he gets home. Because he makes straight A's and is 4 to 5 grade levels above where he is supposed to be. Parents have to know which kids can handle the game.

Oh... and all 12 year olds are not whiny.

While I'm a bit annoyed that Reach comes out as soon as I begin college (3rd day to be exact), I know that I can wait the whole day to play it. I know that I'll play it a bit later than others, but I also know that I can go home and play on launch day... unless my order gets botched.

So if you're still in school, surely you can wait a few hours?

(And for anyone who doesn't know, college works differently to us British. We call your colleges "universities". College for us is basically a follow-on of normal education without all the forced subjects. If you already knew, then disregard this.)

Edited by jd070993