Did anyone actually USE Jahvik?

jules the great

I use JAVIK everytime. Gotta luv his cool comments. His PARTICLE RIFLE is just badass. UNLIMITED AMMO for everyone what do you want more. Also his biotic power DARK CHANNEL is quite useful. Not to mention that his weapon and power are all EXCLUSIVES!!!

In my experience so far Dark Channel by itself (fully leveled) is as powerful as a singularity/warp combo AND adds elements of overload.

This fact alone makes Jarvik pretty much a party MUST.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be in the minority here, but I love Javik. I'm about to finish my first playthrough on insanity and I have used him the entire game.

He has a good amount of hit points and seems to die a lot less than other squad mates.

He uses an assault rifle (assault rifle/biotics is rare in this game for AI squadmates), so he deals a fair mount of damage on his own without direction.

He has pull which is the equivalent to a lobbed pitch for anything not shielded/armored.

Dark Channel does a great job of softening and damaging big high threat units.

A combination of those 4 make him probably my favorite person to bring along with me.

Edit: Lift grenades are also great. They deal a good amount of damage and pull just because they can. I use them all the time.

Edited by LosT3PropheT

I used Javik for most of the missions hoping there would be some awesome and Unique Dialogue.

And there was on a few(especially Thessia), but when there was almost no Dialogue for most of the Final Two Missions I restarted them with Liara and Garrus(LI and Good Friend), it just felt better going into the Final Battles of the Universe with them.

I haven't used Javik much, but I have heard that having him along on the Asari Missions is a big deal...

I'm just about up to that part and am tempted to deviate from my EDI, Liara or Tali team set.

lol i kind of felt sorry for liara, she was SOO happy to get a protheon on our ship. kind of let down, since he refers to the asari as "inferior" and brushes off her attempts to conversate. i noticed he does have a lot of interesting things to say about the asari and other races from his time. he mentioned salarians as "lizard people" and said they used to eat flies! ahahahah i couldnt stop laughing.

i find him very interesting, combat aside i think hes worth it just because of the amazing dialogue and perception you get from a protheon. ive only just picked him up last night, but im already liking him a lot. that dark energy saved my ass from two banshees at once on the ardac-yachi mission (spelling?).

that particle beam rifle is craazy, im actually tempted to convert over from my long-beloved avenger ive been using since ME1. im wondering if you slap incindary amo on that bitch, does it become like a long-distance accurate flamethrower? lmao

No.

Not a bad squadmate but I brought Liara for her Stasis and Ash/EDI depending on who I was about to fight. Ash against Reapers/Cerberus, EDI against Geth. Sad to not have Garrus by my side but his abilities were useless.

In my first play through I didn't really use him due to the fact that it was my first play through. For narrative purposes I brought Liara along for almost everything just to see what my "bond-mate" would say and I needed to learn the story. The second spot consisted of someone other than Jahvik. But now that I played through it once, I will definitely bring him everywhere with me.

I used him often just because I was curious what the last prothean in 50,000 years would say about the current ongoings of the galaxy. he has some interesting dialogue, but I highly doubt I'd use him for insanity playthrough...

By the way, to the OP, it's spelled "Javik", just thought I'd mention it

also, for James, i think Freddie Prince Jr makes a dumbass sounding hispanic, plus his character is useless. shit they shoulve got Carlos Mencia lol, maybe not for the body model though

Edited by Dragon Lee

I used him only once and found the mission to be more difficult than it should have been. His Particle beam is beast though. All of my Assault rifle wielding squadmates are using that. I haven't used it too much because I really like sniping.

Since I played as an Adept, I had no use for him. I pretty much always used EDI and either Ashley or Tali depending on what enemy I would be facing. EDI was perfect for me because of Overload, Incinerate and Decoy, and Tali was good because of Energy Drain Combat Drone.

Yeah, he's a good pair with Liara if Shepard isn't a biotic. His only weakness is that for such a big macho soldier he seems to die a lot.

Definitely a good pair with Liara, using his Slam or Dark Channel in combo with Liara's Warp was spectacularly messy! :woop:

I didn't find he died a lot though, no more than Liara, unless I ordered him into a position that was... untenable. My bad...

I used Liara and Javik through a majority of my Vanguard Insanity run once I saw how devastating the Slam/Warp combo was on those pesky Marauders.

And two or three Prothean Beam rifles on Brutes and Banshees.... just yummy!!