End Game Chat - Obvious spoilers

itzlpbr0ski

So I finished the story today as well as all of Subject 16's glyphs to unlock "The Truth" video, and I must say I am blown away at the proportionality of what is going on...Is Subject 16 a descendant of Adam? Was the apple used to control human beings by some alien species (which would explain why Adam and Eve were stealing it)? I captured a screenshot of someone or something holding an apple while humans appear to be slaving in the background during the The Truth video.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2729/edens.jpg

With Minerva talking about the solar flares and magnetic field reversals, an obvious reference to 2012, I wouldn't put it past Ubisoft to release AC3 on Dec. 21, 2012. Needless to say, I cannot wait for it!

Why hasn't anyone posted anything on this, i swear when Minerva looked at me at the end i freaked out lol but then i noticed she was talking to the animus.

Btw if you did not know at the end of the truth video there is a binary code and it translates to:

EDEN

The binary code was:

0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 = E

0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 = D

0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 = E

0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 = N

The side story is so interesting, if you noticed all the glyphs have clues to SOMETHING but no one yet knows what the heck they're trying to point out with all the binary code and hex code.

My deciphering of that Truth video:

They were, clearly, Adam and Eve, who we ALL descend from biblically and therefore anyone could use the Animus to access (once they isolated the right gene, though, which would be very hard - Subject 16's trauma is probably caused by this). They appear to be running from something with the Piece of Eden we know as the Apple (Eve holds it at the end). So, we can take into account this futuristic setting is Eden.

The glimpse inside the building suggests it's a forge, where Pieces of Eden are being made (it's entirely possible Eve steals that Apple, which is how she has it on the roof). I assume the person holding it is an "angel", with the workers being the other proto-humans and indeed in its thrall. Then again, the apple is numbered 5 in his list IIRC, so 4 other items exist before it (IIRC, the staff is 34...).

What we appear to be seeing is what REALLY happened to get Adam and Eve out of Eden; that they did not bite of the "apple of knowledge" and be cast out, but they stole a powerful artifact known as "the apple of knowledge" and escaped.

I like the thoughts about a release date in 2012, but god let's hope they won't wait that long lol.

Amen to that. Hopefully the third installment comes out early 2011. This is one great game I must say. So great it's convinced me to go back to the first one and finish collecting all the dreaded flags.:uzi::eek:

Why hasn't anyone posted anything on this, i swear when Minerva looked at me at the end i freaked out lol but then i noticed she was talking to the animus.

Btw if you did not know at the end of the truth video there is a binary code and it translates to:

EDEN

The binary code was:

0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 = E

0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 = D

0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 = E

0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 = N

The side story is so interesting, if you noticed all the glyphs have clues to SOMETHING but no one yet knows what the heck they're trying to point out with all the binary code and hex code.

Thank you!

I was looking around for someone who was able to translate the binary at the end because it flashed by kind of quick on the video i was watching it on (internet, still need to do it in game.)

An interesting concept that's been addressed rather a lot in this game is a theory that we (the human race) had access to vast knowledge and technology in the early days.

It's even said that we were born (of aliens) a very advanced race, and this technology/knowledge slowly depleted.

Now, this is just a historical theory. But it's addressed many a time in the story of AC2, and fits rather nicely with the concept of 'Eden' as portrayed here. An advanced location - although Adam and Eve are obviously working against something, in an assassin-like way.

I'm rather interested in this, as the writers are clearly addressing some rather strong, albeit bizarre theories.

Edit: I've just had another few watches, and a think about it. Don't think I'd really let the scene sink in before brainstorming above :p

Adam and Eve are quite clearly escaping something. The image at the very top depicts humans being used as slaves (through a piece of eden), by what we would assume to be a superior race. Again, there is a consensus that humans were 'made' by another race to be slaves, and those creators were viewed as Gods (which is where all of our mythology comes from).

A+E's obvious assassin-like-movements convey the fact that they were the very first to object to this, which eventually created the hashshashin (the assassin cult). Hence the stories of Eve taking the apple, which forced economy upon our world - because some were aware of what was happening, and we needed a form of control.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Outline

I like the idea of this being the 'real' way in which Eve took a bite from the fruit of the tree of knowledge. I was wondering, is that mountain in the background when they reach the top of the building relevant? Looked a bit like Mt. Fuji to me (although that wouldn't make sense being as this would be pre-history).

I like the idea of this being the 'real' way in which Eve took a bite from the fruit of the tree of knowledge. I was wondering, is that mountain in the background when they reach the top of the building relevant? Looked a bit like Mt. Fuji to me (although that wouldn't make sense being as this would be pre-history).

From what I've read, it's an exact copy (well, pretty much) of Mt. Kilimajaro.

i think the first people were in high command, obviously. they created humans in their image, to be used as slaves, and are controlled by the apple (its why altiar was able to be captured, because he was obviously human =p) with the first solar flare it weakened the grip on the humans and aloud a few (adam and eve) to escape. they then stole the apple and used it against the merenova's (idk). this is just my theory. for a game i thought would be just more assassination missions, instead it had a VERY deep story on both halves. im utterly shocked by how awesome this game was!

Couldnt adam and eve been the first assassin's? if you look at the video their moving and climbing pretty quick like assassin's would

There motive would suggest that, but Thieves are good free runners also. I think that the Creed for assassin's was created because of these events. My prediction would be that the Templars were already established and manufactured a tool to do whatever they wanted. Bad stuff obviously. So Adam and Eve are the good guys and they stole the piece of Eden and were being chased by Templars and then we come to the modern era where there is still a struggle for possession of Eden pieces between the Assassin's and Templar's.

I could be totally wrong but I'm basing most of this from Subject 16's video and parts from the story of Assassins Creed.

Sorry for the many posts, but this.

The garden of Eden was said to be 'in' Africa. Our race moved outwards from there, discovering England/America and so on. Colonization <_<

That is but one hypothesis. Some say it started in Iraq, or the Persian Gulf.

Edited by xII Ben IIx

Yeh it was an EPIC ending, there will definately bring out the assassins creed 3, dunno where it will be set. i found an interesting take on the ending:

Okay so, what I got from it is that there were people before humans, and that these people then made humans using the Piece of Eden. However, they manufactured the humans so they would obey them as long as the Piece of Eden was in their possession. Adam and Eve find out and steal the Piece of Eden, releasing the humans from their figurative chains, and leading a rebellion against them. So, in a sense, without realizing it, the "Gods" for lack of a better term, were the first Templars and Adam and Eve, along with all who followed, were the first Assassins. And so they waged war. The "Gods" were stronger but the humans were way more numerous, so the "Gods" were fighting a losing battle. Then, out of nowhere, something that no one expected happened. Some kind of catastrophe involving the sun caused some kind of mass genocide, but there were survivors. Then, realizing that they should stop fighting and rebuild, the "Gods" and humans united. The "Gods" died out and after a looooooooooong time that really happened transformed from truth into myth and speculation since there was no written language. The "Gods" become actual Gods and the sun becomes some sort of be all end all for civilization. The Eastern Hemisphere "evolves" but the Western Hemisphere, or at least the middle of it, still know what's up. But then the conquerers come and destroy nearly everything, leaving only the calender that has the fateful day when it might all happen again--12/21/2012. So anyway, now nobody remembers and the world is doomed once more, except this time there are no "Gods" to protect the humans. However, the "Gods" foresaw this and put temples, or "Vaults" all over the planet to retell the actual tale. HOWEVER, Ezio finds it much too soon, before he can actually do anything about it. The "Gods" foresaw THIS too, and knew that Desmond would revisit the memories of his ancestors so they made sure that in the temple they let him know that they were talking to HIM and not Ezio. It can be assumed that Ezio passed this information down through his ancestors as well, which is probably why Desmonds parents knew it was so vital to keep him safe. So now the threat has shifted from the Templars ruling the world with the Piece of Eden to the sun destroying the world altogether. There's a catch though. Just like the first Vault that Ezio found, you need Pieces of Eden to gain entry to all the other ones. So now that Desmond has all his ancestors' abilities, along with the hidden blade, the search is on, both for another Piece of Eden and the Vaults themselves. Oh, and the Templars may or may not be oblivious to the fact that their doom is imminent. Whether they seek to just rule the world with the Pieces of Eden or save the world with the Pieces of Eden and THEN rule it remains to be seen. I think they know though. The satillite mentioned on one of the computers needed the Piece of Eden to function. I'm just not sure if it's to broadcast the mind-control effects or display the locations of the temples. Maybe the former, because they definitely want dominion like their ancestors. Maybe the latter, because Ezio did the exact same thing with the Piece of Eden when he found the location of the first Vault on the codex pages. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that Assassin's Creed III should involve an Eternal Darkness-esque search for the Pieces of Eden, locating and entering the remaining Vaults, and reconciling with the Templars. Or destroying them once and for all.

I just beat the game and was blown away by all they revealed in AC2 compared to AC1. I LOVE the storyline and am hooked and hope that they get AC3 out within the next year or 2. I really hope they follow up on the Subjet 16 video of Adam & Even stealing the Apple from Eden.

I love all of the tie in things they do to history (WW2, Henry Ford, JFK, Nicola Tesla, etc.) and who else thought that assassinating the Pope in the Sistine Chapel was probably the most epic thing ever?

There motive would suggest that, but Thieves are good free runners also. I think that the Creed for assassin's was created because of these events. My prediction would be that the Templars were already established and manufactured a tool to do whatever they wanted. Bad stuff obviously. So Adam and Eve are the good guys and they stole the piece of Eden and were being chased by Templars and then we come to the modern era where there is still a struggle for possession of Eden pieces between the Assassin's and Templar's.

If I may...

This is only in my opinion, but the impression I got was that Adam/Eve were the first to break the power of the PoE and discover what was being done to them.

This was Eve biting the apple.

From here on, they took interest in stopping this control, freeing minds (sounds rather Matrix). However, as with the nature of the human mind, some crave power and destruction - we're far from a perfect race.

Thus comes the Templars as a seperate faction, and A/E as the very first assassin's... Those with interests of saving the human race from slavery.

Another angle, is that either Adam and Eve, OR the Templars are direct descendants of the Gods. Demi-Gods if you will.

So, the Templars would be doing the God's work of controlling the human race.

OR

Adam and Eve would have super-human abilities (Eagle vision, resistance to the pieces of Eden).

I think it is obvious references that Adam and Eve were the 1st assassins and the Templars are the devil. AC3 will probably take place in present time with flashbacks to Ezio and Altair. Hopefully they don't wrap it up so soon tho but seeing as how Desmond has learned the skills of the Assassins he doesnt need the Anibus anymore, the Templars wanted to use Desmond and the Anibus to find where the hidden pieces of eden are. However, Lucy and the Assassin's just want Desmond to learn the abilities of his ancestors to fight the modern day Templars.

Take this video with a grain of salt, but it is all very accurate except maybe the conspiracy theories. Also take note that the glyphs you see in AC2 are the same as the drawings in the end of AC1.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLUklf1NLc]YouTube- Assassin's Creed Secrets Solved![/ame]

Edited by APassingShadow

Loved the ending...can't wait till AC III. This game has been keeping me from MW2.

Not according to your gamercard. Looks more like L4D2, CoD2, etc. LOL

No, I'd say A&E were the first/precursors to Assassins. Some say they were humans who mated with The Ones Who Came Before.

I don't think the Templars manufactured the Pieces of Eden. I got the impression that Tho Ones Who Came Before manufactured them to control humans. Then the Templars (the real order of Christian knights) found a Piece of Eden under the Temple Mount when they took Jerusalem in the late 1100's and suddenly began a quest to gain more and more power. (Wow, this is really similar to this season of Dollhouse, now that I think about it!)

Okay so, what I got from it is that there were people before humans, and that these people then made humans using the Piece of Eden. However, they manufactured the humans so they would obey them as long as the Piece of Eden was in their possession. Adam and Eve find out and steal the Piece of Eden, releasing the humans from their figurative chains, and leading a rebellion against them. So, in a sense, without realizing it, the "Gods" for lack of a better term, were the first Templars and Adam and Eve, along with all who followed, were the first Assassins. And so they waged war. The "Gods" were stronger but the humans were way more numerous, so the "Gods" were fighting a losing battle. Then, out of nowhere, something that no one expected happened. Some kind of catastrophe involving the sun caused some kind of mass genocide, but there were survivors. Then, realizing that they should stop fighting and rebuild, the "Gods" and humans united. The "Gods" died out and after a looooooooooong time that really happened transformed from truth into myth and speculation since there was no written language. The "Gods" become actual Gods and the sun becomes some sort of be all end all for civilization. The Eastern Hemisphere "evolves" but the Western Hemisphere, or at least the middle of it, still know what's up. But then the conquerers come and destroy nearly everything, leaving only the calender that has the fateful day when it might all happen again--12/21/2012. So anyway, now nobody remembers and the world is doomed once more, except this time there are no "Gods" to protect the humans. However, the "Gods" foresaw this and put temples, or "Vaults" all over the planet to retell the actual tale. HOWEVER, Ezio finds it much too soon, before he can actually do anything about it. The "Gods" foresaw THIS too, and knew that Desmond would revisit the memories of his ancestors so they made sure that in the temple they let him know that they were talking to HIM and not Ezio. It can be assumed that Ezio passed this information down through his ancestors as well, which is probably why Desmonds parents knew it was so vital to keep him safe. So now the threat has shifted from the Templars ruling the world with the Piece of Eden to the sun destroying the world altogether. There's a catch though. Just like the first Vault that Ezio found, you need Pieces of Eden to gain entry to all the other ones. So now that Desmond has all his ancestors' abilities, along with the hidden blade, the search is on, both for another Piece of Eden and the Vaults themselves. Oh, and the Templars may or may not be oblivious to the fact that their doom is imminent. Whether they seek to just rule the world with the Pieces of Eden or save the world with the Pieces of Eden and THEN rule it remains to be seen. I think they know though. The satillite mentioned on one of the computers needed the Piece of Eden to function. I'm just not sure if it's to broadcast the mind-control effects or display the locations of the temples. Maybe the former, because they definitely want dominion like their ancestors. Maybe the latter, because Ezio did the exact same thing with the Piece of Eden when he found the location of the first Vault on the codex pages. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that Assassin's Creed III should involve an Eternal Darkness-esque search for the Pieces of Eden, locating and entering the remaining Vaults, and reconciling with the Templars. Or destroying them once and for all.

They didn't make people WITH the Piece of Eden. They used the PoE to control the humans. Hence the mention in Subject 16's video about a neuroreceptor in the human brain that the PoE controls.

I don't think the "Gods" were Templars (see previous).

As for the Templars, I get the impression they're oblivious to the end of the world and they just want to take over people's minds.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you said. LOL

The figure holding the Apple is wearing the same style of headdress as Minerva. No doubt those are the race of people she talks about.
I was doing my 2nd playthrough of the game a couple of days ago just for kicks when i got to the Monteriggioni part. I went collecting for the statues scattered across the town for those 2000 Florin rewards when all of a sudden i noticed that i just picked up a statue called Minerva.

The other statue names are: Mars, Venus, Diana, Apollo, Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto.

Minerva also mentions Jupiter when she's talking to Ezio. Is it coincidence Minerva's name was used in the statue naming? Or are Jupiter, Apollo and all the other statue names, names of Beings that are like Minerva herself? Could the statues be tributes to The Ones Who Came Before?