Desperate for Wake Island...

The Lovat Scout

I played the hell out of the 1943 and loved this map. I played it quite a bit when the maps were first released, but now I can almost NEVER get into a Wake Island - Conquest game. Is this what everyone else likes too? It must be, becuase when filtering it all out, there are around 50 games of Wake Island Conquest with 24/24, and then around 20 with 23/24, and I can't join that with a aquad of four, sooo....

I eventually give in and selct any map, but then there are nights when I literally never play Wake Island. And for those once in a blue moon chances, I actually get into a Wake Island Conquest game.......it has about 20 seconds left. :mad:

Does this happen with anyone else? Is it only Wake Island? Is that the fav?

I don't like Wake Island that much, but when I want to play it ill go server search, europe, 20+, conquest and ill ALWAYS find a game.

Yeah, I agree... I never really got the hype about Wake Island... It wasn't THAT great in BF1942 (Midway and others were better, in my opinion) and it's pretty much the same in every remake after that. Sure it is fun, and it has nostalgia to it... but there was better.

I actually quite dislike Wake Island. However, there's a good amount of maps, so it will certainly always be once in a blue moon that you get it.

I wish they would have set up finding a game a little differently. I don't quite like how it works, and I don't like that you can't filter out certain maps in the rotation.

Oh well, we as people and consumers will always find something wrong with something, right? :p

If you're online long enough, Wake Island will eventually make it into the rotation. Another thing you could do is search for maps with enough openings for your squad, then look at the servers details and see which ones might have Wake Island as one of the next maps. That way you'll get that map sooner without specifically jumping onto a Wake Island server.

(Somewhat off-topic, but I'm confused why some servers seem to only do one map. When I was trying to get some of the achievements and looking for Wake Island and Sharqi, the exact same server names kept showing up even though they should've rotated to other maps by that point.)

If you're online long enough, Wake Island will eventually make it into the rotation. Another thing you could do is search for maps with enough openings for your squad, then look at the servers details and see which ones might have Wake Island as one of the next maps. That way you'll get that map sooner without specifically jumping onto a Wake Island server.

(Somewhat off-topic, but I'm confused why some servers seem to only do one map. When I was trying to get some of the achievements and looking for Wake Island and Sharqi, the exact same server names kept showing up even though they should've rotated to other maps by that point.)

Probably because some servers can do a map on Conquest: Assault up to four times in a row (two rounds per two map sizes) and that takes a while to get through.

I played the hell out of the 1943 and loved this map. I played it quite a bit when the maps were first released, but now I can almost NEVER get into a Wake Island - Conquest game. Is this what everyone else likes too? It must be, becuase when filtering it all out, there are around 50 games of Wake Island Conquest with 24/24, and then around 20 with 23/24, and I can't join that with a aquad of four, sooo....

I eventually give in and selct any map, but then there are nights when I literally never play Wake Island. And for those once in a blue moon chances, I actually get into a Wake Island Conquest game.......it has about 20 seconds left. :mad:

Does this happen with anyone else? Is it only Wake Island? Is that the fav?

once you've given u[ and decided to select any other map, make sure it's an DLC map. This will actually give you the chance to get in wake island. OTherwise you might get stuck with the original maps because of people not having the DLC. Just a litle tip.

What I use to do when I want to play a specific map, is join the map that comes right before it in the map rotation. So if you wanna join Wake island search for a 20+ game in Sharqui Peninsula. This way if you are lucky, you'll only play a few minutes in Sharqui and then enjoy a full match in Wake Island!!

I can almost NEVER get into a Wake Island - Conquest game. Is this what everyone else likes too? It must be, becuase when filtering it all out, there are around 50 games of Wake Island Conquest with 24/24, and then around 20 with 23/24, and I can't join that with a aquad of four, sooo....

Just in case you aren't aware of it, try using the server browser. Click the right stick and set the player count to 15+ instead of 20+.

I'm a huge BF1943 fan and wake was my favorite island.

I FINALLY got on it and it sucks. There are no AA batteries, the old one had 4. There are no landing craft that spawn on the edges so you can go on the otherside.

The AA guns on 1943 were bullshit! People would camp those all damn day... NEVER want to see them again. Besides, an MAA spawns at the Airfield and an SAA is mounted on the carrier. Also, there is an AAVP on the little island near the carrier. So...

i usally dont play wake island, here is why:

i love the map itself.... BUT i dislike 3 or 4 (defender) tanks!!! I just hate it.

I love to blow them up with C4 on other maps, but i dont see the point on putting 3+++ tanks on that map. I am ok with that AA Gun, but tanks... on a island... nope for me.

It could be a very good map without them. You can use the landscape as a cover, so the map provides things that i loved for example on the map "Harvest Day" on BC2, but i totally dislike beeing forced to select Engineer/Support on that map. Ok i can go for sniping as well, laying in a corner... or go for some kills with assault weapons.... but i dont like to fight against a tank every 2 seconds if i am not able to kill it AND/OR if i cant run away from it.

EDIT: On top of all that i can fairly say, that i like all 3 other Karkand maps more than Wake island ^^

Edited by Hiryu

i usally dont play wake island, here is why:

i love the map itself.... BUT i dislike 3 or 4 (defender) tanks!!! I just hate it.

I love to blow them up with C4 on other maps, but i dont see the point on putting 3+++ tanks on that map. I am ok with that AA Gun, but tanks... on a island... nope for me.

It could be a very good map without them. You can use the landscape as a cover, so the map provides things that i loved for example on the map "Harvest Day" on BC2, but i totally dislike beeing forced to select Engineer/Support on that map. Ok i can go for sniping as well, laying in a corner... or go for some kills with assault weapons.... but i dont like to fight against a tank every 2 seconds if i am not able to kill it AND/OR if i cant run away from it.

EDIT: On top of all that i can fairly say, that i like all 3 other Karkand maps more than Wake island ^^

Yes the tanks ruin this map big time, i can see maybe like 1 tank and the AA at the airfield but more then that an its overkill on this tiny little island.