Youtube links not being embedded.

mosin360

So I'm trying to post a youtube video and I've pasted three different ways and none of them get embedded. I've looked around and one of these should work. Is it something with the forum that it takes awhile for it to do it?

=youtu.be

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OiWSAJoc3kQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I'm trying to post a youtube video and I've pasted three different ways and none of them get embedded. I've looked around and one of these should work. Is it something with the forum that it takes awhile for it to do it?

=youtu.be

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OiWSAJoc3kQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Only use the original url

The s in https means your link is secured and obviously encrypted information can't be decoded by this website. This should be obvious and known by everyone.

Your 2nd example is again a secured url with an extra share video proxy at the end which is a no-no.

Your 3rd example is a share video proxy link which obviously can't be read for embedding. This is mostly used for text messaging.

Your 4th example is an emdedding code. Putting an embedding code while the website automatically embeds videos will nullify the embedding.

There should be an easier way, as there is on many forums. While some of us know how to get videos to embed, many users don't.

Any chance of an icon, similar to 'insert image' where you can paste the URL and it does the magic for you?

I'm sorry, easier than literally just copy/pasting the URL into your post and hitting submit?

Only use the original url

The s in https means your link is secured and obviously encrypted information can't be decoded by this website. This should be obvious and known by everyone.

Your 2nd example is again a secured url with an extra share video proxy at the end which is a no-no.

Your 3rd example is a share video proxy link which obviously can't be read for embedding. This is mostly used for text messaging.

Your 4th example is an emdedding code. Putting an embedding code while the website automatically embeds videos will nullify the embedding.

Great post. I know understand the reasons why they weren't working. Bravo ;)