Anybody got this message?

I got that message after buying the newest map pack. It happened after i got a few gold medals in this map pack and it confused me a little but i got both achievements at that moment i should get them. So even if you get this message you should get achievements just fine.

Yeah, I got this message after doing the Campaign Reversed and Campaign Challenge. Haven't done the 20 Tower yet, so hopefully my end result will be similar to yours.

20 Tower is a fucking nightmare too.

Someone posted a video on YouTube that would probably work very well for 20 tower.

I dislike having to use anyone elses tactics for a level. I usually try to adapt what other people do to suit myself better, so that if I look I can see it as referencing rather than copying. I know it's just me being a weird pedantic freak, but thats how I roll. I'll have a look at this the now though. It would annoy me to only have 240 of the 250 available.

Edit: Started out using some guys plan but adapted it as I think my timing made his not work. In the end I aced it, except I sold my missile tower at the end of wave 24, then realised there was a final air wave and had to redo the last wave.

Oh and yeah, this message came up AGAIN then when I hit B, the achievement popped

Edited by macd
Because If I knew then what I know now, I'd have included it then. But I didn't, but I do know it now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love this game, my favourite arcade game. Think the message appears more often if you are using a shared internet connection or router and the speed falls as more users come on. If your not connected to live it doesnt feel that a score is legit or something.

I thought of that too. I turned off the wifi and removed all of the other ethernet cables. Still no joy.

Oh and I have no problem playing games online almost everyday.

No I think the response time required for the Cheevo to pop is too quick. I'm connected but the game tries to connect to the server to check the ligitimacy of the achievement and if it doesn't get a response quick enough it gives you the error message.

I've also noticed once I get the message any new scores will not be posted to the leaderboards.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
"Unable to award one or more achievements because of network connection or storage space.

Please check both."

My connection is fine, and I've got a gig of storage left.

It use to be sometimes with me... but since the new DLC You Monster, I am getting this error message all the time... really annoying.

plus seems like some achieves may be glitched... just great :(

I'm getting the same problem too now since playing You Monster (which is very good), but achievements for me aren't being awarded :( I just receive the error message now.

Might wait for a patch before I continue playing...or a work around if someone works how to avoid this issue.

I am getting the Can't be awarded achievements message as well. It did award me for 1 achievement so far on the You Monster campaign (get a gold on a mission beyond divided attention).

However, now the message pops up like 5 times a level now and even though I have at least a silver on all Campaign missions I haven't been given the achievement for it.

Also sometimes it changes the name when selecting the You Monster campaign to $cam_You_Monster

• 2 months later...
Looks like Hidden Path and MS are working in a fix to this problem:

http://www.hiddenpath.com/forum/showthread.php?728-Xbox-360-update-what-we-know-on-12-12-2011

They still have not fixed it.... I have been playing for the past 2 days and have not unlocked 1 achievement and I get the error message. I wasted my money and I am not impressed at all I used to like this game

• 1 year later...

soooooo it's 2013 now. got the game's main 200, then did all the extra DLC maps for those achievements, and then the "failed to unlock" message popped up immediately before i received the last achievement (but i still got it). i still have to do the portal DLC and am a little concerned about whether or not those achievements will unlock now. help?

I am just now going through You Monster after doing the main campaign and the resurgence DLCs... The game tends to freeze for me in the main menus, and not in the game. So, i am not at the point yet where I am dealing with major freeze issues... however, I am getting the "no achievements awarded", etc. message. But i have not reached a point in you monster where i should have gotten an achievement. So, my bigger fear right now is that the messages will ring true and achievements won't pop down the line. Can anyone verify that the message now is more or less completely false and that achievements do still pop regardless of getting this message...? :confused:

I haven't received that message, yet, but I haven't touch "You Monster" DLC yet, still working on the base 200. So I am worry about it, but this problem according to Hidden Path isn't on their end it on Microsoft's end, and it has to do something with how achievement are stored within their data base. Because the 360 version of this game used the same code that is used on Steam, and the Steam version has no problem. It seems that Hidden Path went out of their way to get this problem fixed and Microsoft literally droped the ball with this game. Also this glitch isn't getting fix any time soon, because they all are working on the sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also getting this achievement issue (I actually thought it was my connection at the time), but I haven't done anything yet that should have given me an achievement.

I really hope that I don't get screwed out of the 40 Gold Medals award or something... The game is good, but having to redo it all for the sake of completion will suck...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So years later and still no answer.... Is this error message going to hinder us from achievements when we are supposed to get them even though it only shows up randomly throughout the levels??

NO PROBLEM EXISTS ANYMORE! After I completed the requirement for an achievement, after the message popped up that said "failed to award...", I then pressed B to exit that popup screen and the achievement popped perfectly.

There is no glitch or problem anymore.

SOLUTION UPDATE: I just went through the Portal II Super Grinder level, amidst the awful freezing, and found a way to finish these levels with GOLD MEDAL STILL. It will come slowly, but surely.

If you save and exit after every checkpoint that you reach instead of blazing all 99 levels in one go, you will be able to restart from each checkpoint to finish the level gradually, even though it still freezes. Just be patient and it will come.

One thing that helped me: do not fast forward all the way either, let the game go through the level in normal speed except for the occasional boost of fast forward.

(This is online and without deleting anything for this to work).

Edited by Oceans4Ransom
problem solved