The last treasure you found before unlocking "Treasure Trove"

Joselito

I decided I'd try this again having been a few years since I played the game... within a few hours of mindless wandering, I found 3 items in Uhra back streets, and realized I was missing a stone tablet that I then found in Crimson Forest.

I also found treasure in the first tree at Ipsilon and the first set of rocks outside the inn.

Then I found two treasures in Tosca and Numara wardrobes.

Then I ran through the Temple of Enlightenment and did the Enchanted Mask quest, but no new treasures. I followed the video guide for the main areas I could still access, specifically the caves, (and tried to piece together the city walkthroughs), and still no new treasures. I scoured each city a few times over and found no new items.

I triple-checked the sea floor and all the spots mentioned in this thread, and started thinking my game was bugged out or the DLC was messing me up or something.

Then hours later I checked out the Prima guide and found the Power Drink at the entrance of the Burning Cave (and in disbelief went back to the video to confirm I somehow missed it)... still no achievement, though! I then did a 4th run-through of the Forbidden Cave, the Terrace Cave, the Black Cave, Crimson Forest, and the Burning Cave to no avail.

I've been everywhere many times, mashing the A button like a fool. I have all the treasure hunts done, all the seals, all the crystal fragments, 99 seeds, 11 unusable slot seeds, all the spells, all the accessories, nearly all level 99 immortals, and I can visualize each and every treasure marked on the maps in the guide. I have very little hope left that this achievement will pop without starting a new game.

My suggestion to others is to skip this nonsense and start a new game instead. I would be halfway done with a new play-through in the time I've taken trying to take the easy way out.

Edited by The Nerevarine

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I played through to disc 4 in "New Game +" mode and along the way I kicked a can in the Backyard... and my first thought was how unfamiliar it was, and how there were three similar cans that gave no treasure... It was near the end of disc 3 so I played through the Burning Caves to get to disc 4 before checking my old save...

..and sure enough, it was the missing treasure.

I can't believe this treasure hasn't been mentioned in this thread.

For the record, it only took me 14 hours to get to disc 4.

Edited by The Nerevarine

It was Seed # 38 according to Lost Odyssey wiki, The one in Numara in a bush in Canal Street. I new I was missing one seed but didnt know if it was the last item I needed. - very happy chappy now I can 100% the game. Only had it a few years playin on and off :)

Edited by Dannyb01y

I just got the achievement. The last treasure for me was 2x Wind Seal Leaf from ramming a tree in Ipsilon Mountains - Near Mountain Hut. I went through that whole area several times before I noticed I was missing something. The tree is tucked to the right of the screen near a pot. My total playtime was 96 hours, and I spent about 13 hours searching for the last few items that I needed for Treasure Trove. Definitely one of my proudest Achievements :)

• 2 months later...

Last one was in Gongoras Mansion in his Office behind the desk. Found it after double checking nearly every other location in the game. Think last Item before that I found about 10 hours of playtime earlier.

Glad to have finished this Achievement, defenitely the most annoying achievement of the game.

I missed a Seed in the cave outside Gongora's mansion.

I knew I was missing a Seed as I only had 98 in my inventory which made narrowing it down a relatively painless task. I don't think I was prepared to go through every zone to double check each possible item I missed.

But I have it now and the sense of satisfaction is amazing :D

• 1 month later...

I searched (well i thought i did :p) everything and everywhere trying to figure out which bit of treasure i forgot to ram, pick up etc... i gave up and started a new game+, i got to crimson forest and i ram a pillar just didnt look familar. As i ram it, it seem unfamilar and i started to wonder if ill even search this part of the forest on my 1st play though. anyways i loaded it back up and BOOM! it was there untouched!! :) :)

But I have it now and the sense of satisfaction is amazing :D

couldnt agree more!!! :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My last one was also the tablet fragment in the Crimson Forest. I didn't start using a guide until disc 3 and I missed the boulder in my first visit to Sorcerer's Shrine. Well I did see it but thought, I'll come back for that. Sure enough I did, after I collected every other treasure!

• 3 weeks later...

My last one (just got this) was 6 Cape of Illusions under the sea.

(Number #22) on the map someone made on this site.

After back tracking for hours, this was one of the luckiest moments of my life. Big up to the rest of this thread, as pretty much went through it's entirety and it helped me pick up a LOT of items!

Final play time: 69:21.

:woop::woop::woop:

• 1 month later...
I got my achievement earlier tonight. After thinking I had found my last item underwater (right alongside to the left of the hypercurrent north of Ancient ruins; basically between the two continents) it turned out to be a false alarm as no achievement popped up. Very sad, I decided to follow the guide on this forum along with my prima guide. I started from Uhra and didn't have to go very far, thank God.

I found my last item in Ipsilon Mountains. It was just before the mountain hut. It was 2x whetstones in a rammable tree. The tree is to the left just after you ram two other trees as well as two pots right next to it. My only explanation for why I could have missed it is that my eyes just missed it in the guide after already collecting the four other items right there next to each other. I think I might have assumed that was the tree I had already rammed to the left before I examined the pots.

It just goes to show, that even if you're super careful and confident you got everything, that you could sometimes miss something easily in plain sight and then wonder how the hell you could have missed something so easy.

After finding one I missed in the ocean, I decided to go back to Ipsilon Mountains after reading several people having found missed items here and guess what I missed the same tree! Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had more trouble than I thought on this completion achievement. I went through every zone 3-4 times, using the guide after my 1st run through on my own. Finally i started looking up the video guide on youtube for zones that had pick-up items and compared with what I did. Finally, after about 16 hours of trying to do it on my own, I saw the video guide for Ipsilon Mountain Hut and watched him flick a switch on in the lower floor by the door, to light up a blinking Search Glasses. I didn't recognize it and realized I misinturperated the written guide, thinking I got both items from the top floor light. Walked past it a zillion times. Facepalm.

• 3 weeks later...

So, if you're reading this thread in 2012 or beyond I'll just go and assume your at your wits end regarding this achievement. I know that's how I found my way here...I went through all the usual suspects. The Burning Cave, Meia Family Art House, The Crimson Forest, The Underwater sections, everything.

I marked off everything no less, or so I thought. My final treasure was in Tosca Village of all places. It was the chest up the ladder to the north of the village. How in the name of God did I miss this you ask? Well, it's embarrassingly simple.

While doing the Kelolon statue mini-game. I stumbled upon the chest. I took mental note of it, with the clock ticking, I decided I'd finish finding the statues first and get it later. That "later" came 89 hours later after tearing my hair out trying to figure out what I missed.

The achievement isn't glitched. That's all I can tell you. Getting solid advice for this achievement is almost impossible, it will be totally anecdotal and loosely related to your own experiences. Don't. Give. Up. You missed maybe 1 or 2 items, that's all. It can be a seed at the bottom of the ocean or you can have a momentary lapse of judgement like me. But you will get it eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to backtrack, but I found the four I was missing at the end:

Gold from the Tosla Village (up the ladder, on the way to the northern exit)

Elixer (Black Cave, across the poison, to the east)

Bought one from the auction house (from the Aurora Train)

*5 Life-stealing Tooth(s)* Back Alley of Uhra

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have this achievement after backtracking maybe for like 10 items or so..and the last one i found was in cooke and mack's house the pot that is hidden off to the side somwhere.

It seems like most people miss the same items..The ones that i can think of off hand that i had to go back for is

Power Drink-Burning Cave

Mana Herb-Grand Staff Construction Base-Exterior

Tosca Village-Exterior-Pot-500G

City Of Gohtza-Abandoned Apartment-10th Floor-Grounda Bomb

Back Alley-Uhra-Near Castle-Smelling Salts-Metal Pillar

There was a few more that i picked up in the auction house also.

Just wanted to tell people don't give up and follow Achiever(TT guide on here) and Split's Video Guide to a T even if you think you got everything in a certain area.

Good luck everyone!

• 3 months later...

Embarrassingly enough. The last two items I found were from early in the game.

The helmet stuck in the lift in Uhra and the chest in the same area from doing the little lift puzzle.

Been looking for the last things off and on for years now. Sooooo glad to be done with it.

• 4 months later...

I started a New Game Plus after a 3 year hiatus from the game thanks to this achievement. I never knew I could hold a grudge for that long. Anyway, if all goes according as planned per SplitPlaythru's videos on youtube, the Phoenix Discus & Ring will be the last item(s) that will unlock the achievement for me. Come hell or high water, I will obtain this achievement. :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

I missed three items after I did the Temple of Enlightenment!

A pot in Numara:

A closet in the City of Saman:

and the final item I missed was a poster at Grand Staff Construction base!

Thank-goodness I got this achievement!